THE HOME STRETCH: "DAT WILD CARD" - Our Last 15 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Hmm... hold on, let me check:

[✓] Garbage fire within 50 feet of my house?
[✓] every part of my body is sweating like a pig in a sauna?
[✓] Can't see the apartment buildings in the next neighborhood over due to the smog?
[✓] Police pulled me over last week to get their weekly bribe?
[✓] Takes me 2 hours to drive 4km?
[✓] Every house have a 12 foot wall around it with broken glass or barbed wire cemented into the top?
[✓] Everyone speaking Bahasa Indonesia?

Yep. I'm in Jakarta.

Seems like a total blast.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

[✓] Can't see the apartment buildings in the next neighborhood over due to the smog?
[✓] Every house have a 12 foot wall around it with broken glass or barbed wire cemented into the top?

Yep. I'm in Jakarta.

How big of a problem is this?

On average how much do you have to pay, and how often does it happen?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Seems like a total blast.

Unless something drastic happens, I'm out of here by August at the latest. Can't get here soon enough. 3 years in Indonesia is enough.

How big of a problem is this?

On average how much do you have to pay, and how often does it happen?

Corruption here is a massive problem. I usually pay the police $5 every time they stop me for phantom offences. Usually happens once a month, but lately it seems like it's every week or two. I'm probably more at-risk because I drive myself, whereas 99% of expats in Jakarta hire a driver.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Unless something drastic happens, I'm out of here by August at the latest. Can't get here soon enough. 3 years in Indonesia is enough.

Corruption here is a massive problem. I usually pay the police $5 every time they stop me for phantom offences. Usually happens once a month, but lately it seems like it's every week or two. I'm probably more at-risk because I drive myself, whereas 99% of expats in Jakarta hire a driver.

Why are you even in Indonesia in the first place?

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

[✓] Every house has a 12 foot wall around it with broken glass or barbed wire or spikes cemented into the top?

Yep. I'm in Jakarta.

lol nice nice
looked into a trip to bali next summer but decided to go to spain instead

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
lol nice nice
looked into a trip to bali next summer but decided to go to spain instead

You made the right choice.

Bali is a ****hole. It's basically "Spring Break: Australia" at this point, but with more garbage. Anyone who has ever lived in Indonesia for any amount of time will tell you to save your money and go elsewhere. I mean, there's at least 20 places in Indonesia alone I'd go before going back to Bali.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This was mentioned before in the PGT.. Who are we pulling for in those two head to head games between Boston and Washington?

It seems like Boston is picking up their form and Washington is on the ropes.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
If Washington, Boston, Ottawa, and Florida won all their non head to head games the point totals would be

Washington: GP-79 Points-102
Boston: GP-77 Points-100
Ottawa: GP-79 Points-99
Florida: GP-79 Points-98

Washington-Boston happens twice
Boston-Florida happens twice
Ottawa-Washington happens once
Ottawa-Boston happens once
Ottawa-Florida happens once

Washington, Ottawa, and Florida could pick up no more than 6 points. Boston could pick up no more than 10 points.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
Three-point games will have a significant impact on whether we make the playoffs or not, never mind that we must keep up our current torrid winning streak alive, AND need help from opponents facing Boston, Washington and Florida.

The odds are still stacked against us but regardless,... I would rather beating on the door to the playoffs instead of sucking the hind teet of the tank squadron.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am more worried about that Carolina game truth be told.

We have a bad record against the Canes on the road and it seems like Khudobin turns into Hasek when playing against us. Then add to the fact that everything that can go wrong will go wrong against the Canes. I am not looking forward to that game one bit.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
This was mentioned before in the PGT.. Who are we pulling for in those two head to head games between Boston and Washington?

It seems like Boston is picking up their form and Washington is on the ropes.

I think it is better if Washington loses.

Edit: This ended up way more ambitious than I thought it would. I am going to try updating it until we play Boston and Washington. Also so for the messy look, if I could hit enter inside a spot on the table it would look much better.

What we need to do to pass a team depending on the result of our game against them:

|
Win Head to Head in Regulation​
|
Win Head to Head in OT​
|
Win Head to Head in SO​
|
Lose Head to Head in SO​
|
Lose Head to Head in OT​
|
Lose Head to Head in Regulation​
Boston
|
Win 4 points more than Boston over the last 14 games. Or get 3 points more than Boston over the final 14 games and get 3 more ROWs than Boston​
|
Win 5 points more than Boston over the last 14 games. Or get 4 points more than Boston over the final 14 games and get 3 more ROWs than Boston​
|
Win 5 points more than Boston over the last 14 games. Or get 4 points more than Boston over the final 14 games and get 4 more ROWs than Boston​
|
Win 7 points more than Boston over the last 14 games. Or get 6 points more than Boston over the final 14 games and get 4 more ROWs than Boston​
|
Win 7 points more than Boston over the last 14 games. Or get 6 points more than Boston over the final 14 games and get 5 more ROWs than Boston​
|
Win 8 points more than Boston over the last 14 games. Or get 7 points more than Boston over the final 14 games and get 5 more ROWs than Boston
Washington
|
Win two games in hand and win 2 points more than Washington over the last 12 games. Or win two games in hand and get 1 point more than Washignton over the final 12 games and get 5 more ROWs than Washington. Or win two games in hand and get 1 point more than Washignton over the final 12 games and get 4 more ROWs than Washington and pick up 19 goals against Washington in GF-GA​
|
Win two games in hand and win 3 points more than Washington over the last 12 games. Or win two games in hand and get 2 points more than Washignton over the final 12 games and get 5 more ROWs than Washington. Or win two games in hand and get 2 points more than Washignton over the final 12 games and get 4 more ROWs than Washington and pick up 19 goals against Washington in GF-GA​
|
Win two games in hand and win 3 points more than Washington over the last 12 games. Or win two games in hand and get 2 points more than Washignton over the final 12 games and get 6 more ROWs than Washington. Or win two games in hand and get 2 points more than Washignton over the final 12 games and get 5 more ROWs than Washington and pick up 19 goals against Washington in GF-GA​
|
Win two games in hand and win 5 points more than Washington over the last 12 games. Or win two games in hand and get 4 points more than Washignton over the final 12 games and get 6 more ROWs than Washington. Or win two games in hand and get 4 points more than Washignton over the final 12 games and get 5 more ROWs than Washington and pick up 19 goals against Washington in GF-GA​
|
Win two games in hand and win 5 points more than Washington over the last 12 games. Or win two games in hand and get 4 points more than Washignton over the final 12 games and get 7 more ROWs than Washington. Or win two games in hand and get 4 points more than Washignton over the final 12 games and get 6 more ROWs than Washington and pick up 19 goals against Washington in GF-GA​
|
Win two games in hand and win 6 points more than Washington over the last 12 games. Or win two games in hand and get 5 points more than Washignton over the final 12 games and get 7 more ROWs than Washington. Or win two games in hand and get 5 points more than Washignton over the final 12 games and get 6 more ROWs than Washington and pick up 19 goals against Washington in GF-GA​

When I say "win x games in hand" it could be any game(s). I just wanted it to be clear we had those extra games.

Essentially what it comes down to right now is that if we win our two games in hand against Washington regardless of the result of the head to head the gap against Washington is one game smaller than the gap against Boston (which could have been easily determined looking at the standings instead of this ridiculous table). However if either team wins both it will cover the gap against the loser.

The advantage of Boston winning the Bruins-Caps games would be that Washington has less games to make it up.

The advantage of Washington winning the Bruins-Caps games would be that the highest number of points we need to pass someone would be lower.

TLDR: Doesn't matter a lot who wins the Boston to Washington head to heads right now. Most important thing is the same team wins both so that someone loses ground, and that there are no three point games.

/needlessly complicated post that I worked to long on to not post

BigBush*

I ****ing love my month in Indonesia, but I was only travelling and didnt have to work

I love bonfires!
Beats the snow.
ya this one sucked
Give them a dollar, have a laugh
I was usually boozing in the back of a cab
[✓] Every house has a 12 foot wall around it with broken glass or barbed wire or spikes cemented into the top?
safety first
the ladies love a guy with an accent

Yep. I'm in Jakarta.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I mean, competing Boston for a long stretch does not favor us since they clearly are a better team in this point of time

Apparently you didn't see the game earlier this week where we outshot them 40-22 which didn't include the 3 posts we hit.

In recent weeks we have seen Ottawa beat Montreal twice, LA, SJ, Anaheim, Winnipeg and the NYI. Those 7 wins, an OT loss to Minny and the Boston loss we are 7-1-1 against playoff teams in our past 9.

The past 15 - 20 games, we are playing better hockey than any team in the east accept maybe the NYR. I hope we make the playoffs, at this point given how well we've played against the very strong teams noted above, it would be a shame if we didn't.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
95 points ought to do it. That's a 10- 5-0 record down the stretch. 10-5 is doable, but tough. Basically, we've got five more games to lose. If we lose even a couple early, this thing is going to get away from us really fast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad