The Great Dale Weise Debate (& other ex-Hawks) volume 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
with a lousy season coming to an end, everyone, yes even me will or can point fingers to say "this is the reason" .....

the thing is, who cares. this season is coming to end, time to rebuild. i still will give the mulligan to all the players, this losing is way bigger than any one player.

chrispw1

Dec 5, 2015
Panarin - K.Hayes - Teravainen
Ladd - Danault - Frolik
Versteeg - Shaw - Hartman
Nordstrom - Vermette - Panik
Brouwer
Wingels
Kruger
J.Hayes

Leddy - Johns
Hjalmarsson - van Riemsdyk
Kempny - Byfuglien
Dahlbeck

Raanta
Niemi (2.43 GAA, .930Sv% in MTL in 15gp!)
Darling

If that team of ex Hawks were to play this Crawford less version, which team would win a best of seven series, we could even have the ex Hawks coached by Kitchen, Compon and Haviland.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Everyone sucks this season. No one could have guessed Saad would go full 2015-16 Hossa.
Next year will be better.
Good for Bread. But his production wouldn't make a whole lot of a difference here. We have no goaltending. Let him try to do something with CBJ

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Hjalmarsson is out for the year with a lower body injury. Only played 48 games this year.

Nick Leddy is -42 on the year...yikes. say what you want about +/-, that is bad. Next worse on the team is -22, a forward. Next closest D is -8.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Hjalmarsson is out for the year with a lower body injury. Only played 48 games this year.

Nick Leddy is -42 on the year...yikes. say what you want about +/-, that is bad. Next worse on the team is -22, a forward. Next closest D is -8.

I always say +/- is essentially useless unless it's grossly high or low, then it's more indicative of something. -42 is not good.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Like I said earlier this year. Leddy for all of his talent is still weak in the defensive zone.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I always say +/- is essentially useless unless it's grossly high or low, then it's more indicative of something. -42 is not good.

I've never been huge on +/- either, but as you said, -42 is not a good number to have attached to your name, particularly as a D. That's just terrible.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
the +/- is not the tell all for me. however see some who say they are not a fan of of this stat. but yet will look at it when it is high. this is really confusing either you are for it or against it. this or there is no middle of the road opinion.

i use the +/- to gauge the players performance or ability to defend. this tells me that they were on the ice for when the opps scored. also knowing that a lot of times the real +/- is still not the real story. mainly b/c there are situation when the player gets a pass , like power play or being short handed which comes to mind.

this is me.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
yeah and from the Isle fans I have been talking to, most agree that it really hasn't been all on his play, he is just the type of guy who attacks much more offensively. Unfortunately he logs the most minutes on that blue line and has just been in over his head as a #1 on a team that like us has absolutely no structure. Leddy is the perfect #2 dman in the league just needs a bit of sheltering at times...he isn't getting that at all.

again, not saying Leddy hasn't played bad, but from all accounts he is taking the brunt of that shit system and his style of play certainly isn't going to do him a lot of favors +/- wise...

Reactions: BK

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
He had seven points in seven games in 2016 and was one of many that did squat in 2017. I just don't get the talking point that he was a non-factor when the playoffs came around when that statement only makes sense if you only look at 2017 and then hold him to a different standard compared to the rest of the team.
The "Panarin is a crappy playoff player" narrative has driven me crazy ever since it has started. Its just lazy.

Reactions: BK and Blue Liner

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
The "Panarin is a crappy playoff player" narrative has driven me crazy ever since it has started. Its just lazy.

Panarin has not produced in the playoffs yet. So, the jury is still out on whether he is a "crappy playoff performer" or not. Just as the jury is still out on who won the trade. Too early to say on either count.

I understood and even supported the trade. Admittedly, it doesn't look good for the Bhawks now and I think it's quite likely it will look worse after the playoffs this year. I would have liked to have seen him have a chance to carry his own line in a playoff series here, but it just didn't work out that way.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Panarin has not produced in the playoffs yet. So, the jury is still out on whether he is a "crappy playoff performer" or not. Just as the jury is still out on who won the trade. Too early to say on either count.

I understood and even supported the trade. Admittedly, it doesn't look good for the Bhawks now and I think it's quite likely it will look worse after the playoffs this year. I would have liked to have seen him have a chance to carry his own line in a playoff series here, but it just didn't work out that way.
Panarin literally was a PPG player in 2016 against the Blues....

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

At least look at the numbers before making claims...

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
At least look at the numbers before making claims...

Ok, so you are taking me literally and assuming I am saying he hasn't produced any points in a playoff game. He has. I'm aware. He was decent in the Blues series.

What I should have literally said is that he hasn't had a major impact in the playoffs as of yet or even been a strong contributor to a team's deep playoff run.

Not that he won't. In fact, I said that I believe he will. It will boil down to what we eventually get out of (or for) Saad.

Better?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Like I said earlier this year. Leddy for all of his talent is still weak in the defensive zone.

Damn Q still holding the kid back

If not for Q holding him back he would be Bobby Orr 2.0

Seriously though Q has been vindicated as Leddy is still the soft , flee from contact and give up on play defender he was here

Loved the kid with the puck but he is a mess without it

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Damn Q still holding the kid back

If not for Q holding him back he would be Bobby Orr 2.0

Seriously though Q has been vindicated as Leddy is still the soft , flee from contact and give up on play defender he was here

Loved the kid with the puck but he is a mess without it

Sounds familiar, doesn't it.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Even if Saad was a 55pt player this year, everyone would still be laughing at us.

Most people expected a regression of some sort to Panarin, as he does not have a Kane to play with. (it's not a knock on his skill, it's just expected when you stop playing with one of the best RW's in the game..)

However, not only did he improve his point totals he also became the MVP of the team, set a franchise record for points in a season, manage to be in Torts good book, became a two-way player, and dragged along a 19 year old rookie C and a revolving cast of subpar RWs (Foligno, Anderson, Atkinson).

Panarin has 82pts, second highest forward has 48 points!

I hope Panarin helps the Jackets knock off the Pens in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad