The Great Dale Weise Debate (& other ex-Hawks) volume 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Caps fans are singing praises for Kempny, who has slotted on the top pair with John Carlson..

It's a shame, he should be on our 2nd pair..

Reactions: ChiHawks10

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Caps fans are singing praises for Kempny, who has slotted on the top pair with John Carlson..

It's a shame, he should be on our 2nd pair..
Yep, he was never worse than our 3rd best defenseman. Too bad the one person that matters didn't feel that way.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Kempny is the same kinda 5th-6th Dman playing in games. He's mainly playing in that Runblad kinda role taking the easy time beside Carlson.

Yeah I saw a cap fan on the main board saay he's top pairing Dman... yet he has 5th ice time all games, and Carlsson isn't even in anyway apart from Kempny someone to consider the top pairing Dman, yet Niskinen and Orlov play more minutes than him 5on5 and all situations and play the tougher competition.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Yeah, we all either hated Rundblad or thought he was "meh", but hoped he'd figure it out. A lot of us liked Kempny.

And Rundblad's biggest issue is speed, which Kempny has no issues with. Not really comparable players.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I’m not gonna argue about Carlson because I think he’s overrated as f*** and tired of hearing about point totals.

Niskanen and Orlov are the two most important guys on that blue line. Kempny is their 4th D though and playing great. Our coach does not understand modern systems and is behind the times.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I’m not gonna argue about Carlson because I think he’s overrated as **** and tired of hearing about point totals.

Niskanen and Orlov are the two most important guys on that blue line. Kempny is their 4th D though and playing great. Our coach does not understand modern systems and is behind the times.

Yes.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Meh. Kempny was garbage. Couldn't play hockey for shit. Lucky if he were to turn into a Rundblad.

:sarcasm:

Guy can play. Guy could play when he was here. You have a guy that is a healthy scratch on a team with a terrible D corps... who can actually play top 4 D. And Q doesn't play him ever because he's a gigantic douchebag. And then he gets traded. Because Q is a douchebag. So disappointed Q is back next season. Hopefully they start the season 0-10 or some shit and he gets canned right out the gate. I'm so sick of his piss-poor lineup decisions and terrible judge of talent. The obsession with, IMO, the most overrated coach in the NHL needs to stop sooner rather than later.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It would be hilarious to see another defenseman the Hawks traded away, hoist the cup, playing top 4 minutes...

I mean... how much is Q cucking the shit out of Stan every year? Stan brings guys in. They show potential. Stan ships guys out because Q is wasting assets away by sitting them in the press box every night. Q seemingly runs this team, not Stan. And it sucks. Because Q's judge of talent is about on par with the Cleveland Browns.

Reactions: jls24

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I mean... how much is Q cucking the **** out of Stan every year? Stan brings guys in. They show potential. Stan ships guys out because Q is wasting assets away by sitting them in the press box every night. Q seemingly runs this team, not Stan. And it sucks. Because Q's judge of talent is about on par with the Cleveland Browns.

Stan is bringing in guys that fit a style Q doesn't coach. I'd much prefer the style Stan seems to prefer - mobile puck moving defenseman - but at some point you can't keep bringing in quality cuts of pork and then get frustrated when your kosher chef refuses to use them.

Agreed on Q being back. Another lost year most likely. Would have liked to see Stan get a chance to bring in a coach more atuned to his philosophy.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Stan is bringing in guys that fit a style Q doesn't coach. I'd much prefer the style Stan seems to prefer - mobile puck moving defenseman - but at some point you can't keep bringing in quality cuts of pork and then get frustrated when your kosher chef refuses to use them.

Agreed on Q being back. Another lost year most likely. Would have liked to see Stan get a chance to bring in a coach more atuned to his philosophy.
This is my biggest "general" knock against Stan is he makes moves acting like he doesn't know exactly what Q is going to do.

Bringing in Bouma makes sense as a 13th forward so a kid isn't wasting away in the press box every night, but you know Q is going to see an everyday player.

Bringing in Oduya at the TD makes sense as added veteran depth, but you know Q is going to reunite the worse pairing in the league and play them 20 min a night.

You have to literally Q proof the roster and not even give him these options.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
The only chance Q has of not being a liability to the team next year is hopefully the performance of some teams in this year's playoffs. Like how could he not look at what guys like Cassidy, Gallant, Cooper, and Sullivan have been able to accomplish so far this year.

We can only hope he's watching those teams, seeing the systems they have, and going "maybe I can implement some of that into next year's roster". I don't imagine that being the case, but he admittedly did try to switch to a more modern system this season, just one without all the bells and whistles of the cup contending teams. So maybe, just maybe, he can allow the system to grow and adapt a bit more.

Again, I doubt it. But time will ultimately tell.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
This is my biggest "general" knock against Stan is he makes moves acting like he doesn't know exactly what Q is going to do.

Bringing in Bouma makes sense as a 13th forward so a kid isn't wasting away in the press box every night, but you know Q is going to see an everyday player.

Bringing in Oduya at the TD makes sense as added veteran depth, but you know Q is going to reunite the worse pairing in the league and play them 20 min a night.

You have to literally Q proof the roster and not even give him these options.

Right. If I am sitting on my couch, seeing who we signed/traded for and immediately know how Q will use them, Stan should.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Right. If I am sitting on my couch, seeing who we signed/traded for and immediately know how Q will use them, Stan should.

That's what I'm sayin. Q runs this team, basically. He would have to be an idiot to think that Q isn't going to use guys how they shouldn't be. Yet he continues to bring guys in that everyone wants to see play, and then ship them out when Q decides he's not going to use em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad