The Great Dale Weise Debate (& other ex-Hawks) volume 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
No, it was just Q that played a clearly finished defenseman too much in a role he clearly wasn't suited for.

Oh wait ,, I forgot you can never blame Q for his mistakes ,,,

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It wasn't Q who traded for him last year

Oh wait ,, I forgot you can never blame Stanley for his mistakes

what does that have to do with now?

he was done when we traded for him last year- and I bitched about it then. Bowman got Q the players he likes and Q shit the bed 9 out of 10 times on usage with them.

I did not like Oduya being brought back, but Q overusing a player clearly well done cooked was absolutely infuriating...he needed to not be playing in our top 4, that is on the coach not the GM.

and again, this is the type of washed up has been that Q wants on these teams...Bowman can not listen anymore to what Q wants, that shit hasn't worked in years.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
the problem is not Q vs SB and who traded for who wanted a certain type of player. it was the philosophy of the time for this org that went down this route. these guys are professional who main interest is suppose to be the org. what i am seeing is a person who is beating his logic down the throat of everyone and by that, going against the main common sense in order to please who ??

hint, this common sense i am pointing out is what we are seeing the end results. it doesn't matter how we got here, we are here already. fix this system.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Same.

Shocking but I am kind of secretly happy he proved my thoughts as him as a player right.

Yes, so you keep telling us. But do you really think TT is a much different player than he was in Chicago? He still avoids physicality. He's getting top 6 minutes playing most of the season with Aho, and getting plenty of PP time. I don't see much difference other than the quality ice time.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Yes, so you keep telling us. But do you really think TT is a much different player than he was in Chicago? He still avoids physicality. He's getting top 6 minutes playing most of the season with Aho, and getting plenty of PP time. I don't see much difference other than the quality ice time.

No. But he was great and criminally underrated in Chicago. So it's no great shock to see him thrive with consistent top 6 ice-time, in consistent position (his proper wing), rather than bouncing around a lineup or being asked to play his wrong side (LW) whenever he got a cup of coffee with top 6 talent.

There's no question Teuvo would be a HUGE help to this team.

Reactions: Rolo

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Very debatable .... Cat is getting the same treatment from Q this season. I don't agree with Q's method but I think a lot of folks, including myself, were hoping that TT would get stronger and braver. From what I have observed this season, it hasn't happened yet and I have my doubts it ever will.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I have not really said much about TT at all so I don’t get why you seem bitter about one comment. Maybe it is not your intended tone but it very much seems that way.

He has improved as a player and you are seeing it in his production. His overall consistency has improved. He does avoid contact but did anyone say he doesn’t? (I need to go back and see what was said). JD is right about him bing underrated around here.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No bitterness. I just get a chuckle at you massaging your own ego. That's all.

Validation in what you see and project is nice for everyone. Considering you spent most of that season bashing TT along with other who went as far as saying he would be back in Europe soon I find it rather funny you are trying to spin it as me massaging my ego. Ego has nothing to do with it for me but it seems like yours might be bruised considering how bitter you are coming off.

Like I have said multiple time, you get some right and you get some wrong. I happened to get this one right.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Just checked TT's numbers. He is exactly .5 PPG at even strength, playing in the top 6. Not exactly dynamite, and his team is out of the PO's.

And BTW. I was willing to give TT another year in Chicago and said it many times, so don't make it sound otherwise. And I maintain that his game is well suited for Europe where the bigger ice and less physicality would suit him much better.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Just checked TT's numbers. He is exactly .5 PPG at even strength, playing in the top 6. Not exactly dynamite, and his team is out of the PO's.

And BTW. I was willing to give TT another year in Chicago and said it many times, so don't make it sound otherwise. And I maintain that his game is well suited for Europe where the bigger ice and less physicality would suit him much better.

"other who went as far as saying he would be back in Europe soon"

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

He’s still better than 90% of the players in the Hawks lineup lol

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Like I have said multiple time, you get some right and you get some wrong. I happened to get this one right.

You got AA improving at the dot wrong (even with new FO rules, still dropped down) . Not one to say I told you so though. ;)

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
"other who went as far as saying he would be back in Europe soon"
Seems quite a few posts in the Canes threads are less than impressed with TT. Why? Won't play in traffic and goes MIA for long stretches.

Hmmm

1 GWG

Looks like almost all multi point games are against non playoff teams. Same old, same old.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Seems quite a few posts in the Canes threads are less than impressed with TT. Why? Won't play in traffic and goes MIA for long stretches.

Hmmm

1 GWG

Looks like almost all multi point games are against non playoff teams. Same old, same old.

You said he would end up in Europe and that is not even remotely accurate.

You weren't the only one so I am not saying that.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
You said he would end up in Europe and that is not even remotely accurate.

You weren't the only one so I am not saying that.

His contract was extended to 2019, we'll what happens then.

I still think he will decide to go to Europe and no one will really try to stop him.

We will see.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He's not some struggling player who will leave. He has a fair criticism some tried to say was only a Q complaint but last year Peters benched him a whole period and the following game for lack of physical effort and the World Cup team scratched him for it.

I think he'd be producing well here if he was Toews RW, or at least semi producing with all the positive underling numbers

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
You act like I did not admit to being wrong on it but you can keep clutching to it if you want. ;)

You didn't till now. But just giving you a little dig on it that's all. You are usually on point with your observations.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I sincerely do not get how or why anyone would think TT is going to leave the NHL at this point to head overseas. What possible reason is there for thinking that still? Not even trolling, genuinely wondering what that's based on. Puzzles the hell out of me.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I sincerely do not get how or why anyone would think TT is going to leave the NHL at this point to head overseas. What possible reason is there for thinking that still? Not even trolling, genuinely wondering what that's based on. Puzzles the hell out of me.
i will admit that i was never a fan of TT after his season with the Bhawks, he was a perimeter kind of a player. then his bad mouth the chi fans (the easiness of women) it just added to my dislike. i will be honest, without the proper coaching and system, i didn't think he would develop into what he became. but as a fan, i still dislike him, but i do recognize his talent that he developed into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad