TV: The Grand Tour

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I actually really hope they don't make an equivalent to that segment. That segment was always my least favourite portion of every episode, and I just found myself fast forwarding through lots of them.

Same. I don't really care about celebrities at all. I wanna see some cars.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I actually really hope they don't make an equivalent to that segment. That segment was always my least favourite portion of every episode, and I just found myself fast forwarding through lots of them.

Really depended on the guest.

This.

Even in the most relaxed environment some guests are great, some are bad. It's just the way things go when you're interviewing someone. In general I like that they ask about their car history (good or bad) as you can learn something about a celeb a regular show would never have asked, or it something really embarrassing which is good for a few laughs. Not to mention the great equalizer. The lap. That natural joy, competitiveness or in some cases fear is reality at it's best and it reminds me of how much I enjoy driving.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
I love that segment. I always get goosebumps when the F1 cars are driving through Milton Keynes.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
My favourite episode will always remain the 1500 pound coupes that aren't a porsche challenge. With the Mitsubishi, Jag and Bmw. They were so enthusiastic about their bangers. Good times.

1546304439_4297033767001_S6V14---Coupes-3-4.jpg

That chin spoiler lol.

The original supercar trip was epic too with the Ford GT, f430 and Zonda.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
There are so many episodes I have not seen. I was going through Netflix when they removed everything pre-2011

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Yeah but those episodes are cut down to about 44mins when the typical run time is longer than that.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
This.

Even in the most relaxed environment some guests are great, some are bad. It's just the way things go when you're interviewing someone. In general I like that they ask about their car history (good or bad) as you can learn something about a celeb a regular show would never have asked, or it something really embarrassing which is good for a few laughs. Not to mention the great equalizer. The lap. That natural joy, competitiveness or in some cases fear is reality at it's best and it reminds me of how much I enjoy driving.

Nigel Mansell was the worst guest I remember. It was just... The Lord of Awkward and Boring meeting Clarkson.

I loved the guests that seemed genuinely excited to try and compete for the top results in the reasonably priced car. :yo:

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
I loved the huge elephant in the studio. And of course no-one mentioning it once

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Is that the special they were shooting before Clarkson went ape ****? I remember it was in the middle of nowhere in Yorkshire right?

After the day he'd had, I'd want a nice steak too...

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Reading via twitter that various tabloids reporting (this is a great start to what I've read is true isnt it?) that ITV (the only remaining British broadcaster rumored to develop a show) cannot hire/broadcast the three until 2017 due to non-compete clauses.

Opening up for Netflix, obviously.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Reading via twitter that various tabloids reporting (this is a great start to what I've read is true isnt it?) that ITV (the only remaining British broadcaster rumored to develop a show) cannot hire/broadcast the three until 2017 due to non-compete clauses.

Opening up for Netflix, obviously.

They've all strongly hinted that they've been working on a pilot for Netflix on twitter.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Reading recently that Clarkson&Co can stick it to BBC by signing w an American channel that then sells its UK rights to ITV to get around their noncompete clause.

Theyve never really been rumored with a broadcast channel here just Netflix and I doubt Netflix will do that.

However nothing is stopping Netflix from making the new show available in the UK during BBCs "Top Gear" airtime.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Reading recently that Clarkson&Co can stick it to BBC by signing w an American channel that then sells its UK rights to ITV to get around their noncompete clause.

Theyve never really been rumored with a broadcast channel here just Netflix and I doubt Netflix will do that.

However nothing is stopping Netflix from making the new show available in the UK during BBCs "Top Gear" airtime.
Just saw that and came here to do an update.

A Top Gear rival could be close as Jeremy Clarkson ‘finds loophole’ in his broadcasting ban

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/12/a-top...n-his-broadcasting-ban-5291749/#ixzz3fifQFkE6

Just watched the final episode with the elephant in the room and Hammond and May saying goodbye at the end. Damn.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00