The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Exactly this. If i hadnt bothered to put Fialas and Kamenevs name there and instead #2 RW and #3 C there wouldnt have been any reactions of how the numbers were too high. The thing is that you should budget position wise and not name wise and if one position is above budget (#3 RW, G) you have to cut somewhere else, which is why I believe Smith really needs to go for this team to improve.

Just like Chicago is paying Panarin top 6 money this year? We all get caught in if a player is top 6 he's going to make X. You have three years with any kid on an ELC. If he does well, he gets paid. If he does ok, he gets paid but not as well. If you put another guy in those spots you may have to pay that money, you may have a different kid who comes through the system and isn't killing the cap. None of us really know. I don't see anyone in the system worthy so we'll probably have to go the free agency route but maybe we make a trade for a kid on an ELC. Maybe Vesey signs here and he's on his ELC for the next 3 years.

We get so worked up over the numbers and there's no reason to. We're $8.7 million away from the cap. If indeed the cap doesn't go up or even goes down there's no need to fret because there are 23 teams ahead of us in spending that would have to shed salary so while the upper elite players will still get paid, the middle guys like Wilson and Smith get squeezed on most teams if they're going for raises and we may be able to add decent players at a decent cost, ala JP Dumont.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Just like Chicago is paying Panarin top 6 money this year? We all get caught in if a player is top 6 he's going to make X. You have three years with any kid on an ELC. If he does well, he gets paid. If he does ok, he gets paid but not as well. If you put another guy in those spots you may have to pay that money, you may have a different kid who comes through the system and isn't killing the cap. None of us really know. I don't see anyone in the system worthy so we'll probably have to go the free agency route but maybe we make a trade for a kid on an ELC. Maybe Vesey signs here and he's on his ELC for the next 3 years.

We get so worked up over the numbers and there's no reason to. We're $8.7 million away from the cap. If indeed the cap doesn't go up or even goes down there's no need to fret because there are 23 teams ahead of us in spending that would have to shed salary so while the upper elite players will still get paid, the middle guys like Wilson and Smith get squeezed on most teams if they're going for raises and we may be able to add decent players at a decent cost, ala JP Dumont.

Your correct on one thing there a lot of teams that are going to get squeezed. That's the whole point has been since the offseason for me. These two should have never been given 4 mil each and the term for god sake is brutal. There will be a limited number of teams able to take on contracts and we are not one without moving these two. And teams with space can get much better players for 4 mil when this does hit.

Filip Forceberg

Sep 19, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
As usual you do not comprehend English. If you will reread Pred33's post he was the one that indicated he was a bust not me. Further read my post I supported giving the guy another year in the AHL minimum then 20 games in in the NHL before making any decision. But no you fail to read and make yourself look like an ass.

I have no idea what your personal vendetta is with me but in this instance your the one with egg on your face.

Yet again, you take another one of my responses as a personal attack. I really don't get you.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
There's a pretty solid middle ground between not comprehending English and misconstruing words, but Byrd didn't technically say he was a bust. Even if it may be a natural reaction to read it that way because Mr. Negative (just kidding) said it.

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015

Yeah, but you cant expect to find a Panarin. Getting a Panarin is hitting a jackpot which basically only happens to Chicago. Moses was supposed to be our Panarin and see how that went. If we manage to find someone like that, great, but I really dont trust our scouts enough to setup a roster around that assumption. Also remember that Chicagos new offensive players can lean back on Kane, Toews and Hossa which makes it alot easier since 2 of those players are basically good enough for a whole line. We dont have that skill upfront even though adding Joey was a big step. Sure, if we had a core of Johansen, Forsberg and someone like Jamie Benn maybe we could go the same path as Chicago playing 1 million cap players on the 1st and 2nd line and be competitive enough.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
As usual you do not comprehend English. If you will reread Pred33's post he was the one that indicated he was a bust not me. Further read my post I supported giving the guy another year in the AHL minimum then 20 games in in the NHL before making any decision. But no you fail to read and make yourself look like an ass.

I have no idea what your personal vendetta is with me but in this instance your the one with egg on your face.

I didn't say he was a bust. Once again you twisted what was said or you misunderstood my words. You said you don't think he will ever make it to even the 2nd line. My response to that was if he can't make the 2nd line he's a bust because he won't make it in the NHL. I honestly feel he will be a 2nd line NHLer next October.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Fiala needs time to get bigger. Think he small statue still limits him. Don't think he is still quite ready for the NHL but he's getting better.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Wingers dont matter

giphy.gif

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015
Bring me Duchene and Landeskog without moving Joey or Forsberg (offensive wise) and Im down!

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Interesting that no one likes Duchene. We wouldn't have to worry, because Colorado easily declines that proposal.

Having 2 #1 centers isn't necessary, though. Would be a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany