OT: The Football Thread

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
They’re in the fourth quarter and the Giants are getting blown out

Raiders 27
NYG 6

For me it’s just more evidence that Zach Wilson, who couldn’t do anything against the Giants, sucks.

If he were a stock, I’d short him.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
They’re in the fourth quarter and the Giants are getting blown out

Raiders 27
NYG 6

For me it’s just more evidence that Zach Wilson, who couldn’t do anything against the Giants, sucks.

If he were a stock, I’d short him.
I think it also means that Lou sucks.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
My god do the jets suck. That offensive line is awful. Zach certainly isn't helping but right now you could have Rodgers in his prime and they would still struggle to score a touchdown.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
The offensive line features a practice squad RT, a second year 4th round RG, a rookie C.

The tight ends constantly make stupid pre-snap penalties.

High priced WR2 consistently drops balls.

High priced RB2 has 2.6 ypc.

And then there's Zach Wilson.

Difference in the game is that Joey Bosa & Khalil Mack feasted upon Billy Turner. All Pro's against a practice squad guy is not a recipe for success for a QB who already struggles. I actually think Zach looked decent last night.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Asking the jets to have a semi-decent offense is like asking the islanders to get a free agent

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
My god do the jets suck. That offensive line is awful. Zach certainly isn't helping but right now you could have Rodgers in his prime and they would still struggle to score a touchdown.
Some fans love being miserable. :rolleyes:

Just enjoy the run, they’re in playoff contention for the first time in forever.

:sarcasm:

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
The offensive line features a practice squad RT, a second year 4th round RG, a rookie C.

The tight ends constantly make stupid pre-snap penalties.

High priced WR2 consistently drops balls.

High priced RB2 has 2.6 ypc.

And then there's Zach Wilson.

Difference in the game is that Joey Bosa & Khalil Mack feasted upon Billy Turner. All Pro's against a practice squad guy is not a recipe for success for a QB who already struggles. I actually think Zach looked decent last night.
I like your assessment but have to push back on Zach. He’s a lost cause and that’s primarily on him, not the O line. He’ll be out of the league by the end of next year is my guess.

I want to help you here. I believe you’re in stage 4 of the Kübler-Ross grief scale (Denial-Anger-Depression-Bargaining-Acceptance). You’re almost there. You can do it!

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I like your assessment but have to push back on Zach. He’s a lost cause and that’s primarily on him, not the O line. He’ll be out of the league by the end of next year is my guess.

I want to help you here. I believe you’re in stage 4 of the Kübler-Ross grief scale (Denial-Anger-Depression-Bargaining-Acceptance). You’re almost there. You can do it!Any Jets fan knows that scale is a continuous loop.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte

I want to help you here. I believe you’re in stage 4 of the Kübler-Ross grief scale (Denial-Anger-Depression-Bargaining-Acceptance). You’re almost there. You can do it!
The KR grief scale is a big continuous loop for Jet fans

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I feel fortunate to be watching meaningful Jets football as we approach Thanksgiving.

This was a game they sorely needed to win. With games upcoming against Buffalo and Miami, the curtain is about to go down on this season.

Make no mistake, the Raiders are not a good team. Yes they have won five games but the other four teams that they beat are Denver, Green Bay, New England, and the Giants. Say no more.

Zach Wilson actually had me believing that there was a chance he could pull it out. To be fair, he showed an incremental amount of additional skill that I hadn’t seen before, but that was against a depleted secondary.

This kid is just not the answer. Not this year and not in the future.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Zach Wilson actually had me believing that there was a chance he could pull it out. To be fair, he showed an incremental amount of additional skill that I hadn’t seen before, but that was against a depleted secondary.

This kid is just not the answer. Not this year and not in the future.
He has some egregiously inaccurate throws sometime. Still, it's pretty hard to blame him for the INT. Raiders rush 4, right side of the line folds, and he's about to get rocked. ILB makes a great play, and the receiver is hurt, and so doesn't work back to the ball. I guess the only thing he could have done better is throw low.

Reactions: The Real JT

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
He has some egregiously inaccurate throws sometime. Still, it's pretty hard to blame him for the INT. Raiders rush 4, right side of the line folds, and he's about to get rocked. ILB makes a great play, and the receiver is hurt, and so doesn't work back to the ball. I guess the only thing he could have done better is throw low.
I forgot who was the intended receiver but I’m coming here to blast Lazard.

So many drops. Even the long reception he had last night he bobbled and would’ve dropped if any defender was near him. They signed him for 4 years? Yikes.

The Jets receiving corps is Garrett Wilson and absolutely nothing else. I’m not including Conklin who’s been ok but he’s not really a threat.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I forgot who was the intended receiver but I’m coming here to blast Lazard.

So many drops. Even the long reception he had last night he bobbled and would’ve dropped if any defender was near him. They signed him for 4 years? Yikes.

The Jets receiving corps is Garrett Wilson and absolutely nothing else. I’m not including Conklin who’s been ok but he’s not really a threat.
Lazard has been a disappointment and so has Cobb. None of Rodgers buddies has made a positive contribution. The young WR’s should be given a chance. They can’t be any worse.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Lazard has been a disappointment and so has Cobb. None of Rodgers buddies has made a positive contribution. The young WR’s should be given a chance. They can’t be any worse.
Meanwhile the guy they missed out on, Davante Adams, looked pretty damn good.

Play the young guys? Sure, why not. At a minimum, Lazard needs to be sent a message.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Offensive line, offensive weapons, and even the QB need massive changes. Only an idiotic organization would hire Hackett after his disaster in Denver.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Offensive line, offensive weapons, and even the QB need massive changes. Only an idiotic organization would hire Hackett after his disaster in Denver.
Well, it is the Jets. If they don’t do idiotic, they don’t do anything.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I'd been looking forward to this Black Friday game for a long time. Smack in the middle of one of the best weekends of the year, was going to have the leftovers sandwich stacked high, Coors Banquets on ice...ready for 3PM kickoff.

But, they ruined it. No excitement for Friday whatsoever.

anakin-skywalker-i-hate-them.gif

Reactions: The Real JT

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I'd been looking forward to this Black Friday game for a long time. Smack in the middle of one of the best weekends of the year, was going to have the leftovers sandwich stacked high, Coors Banquets on ice...ready for 3PM kickoff.

But, they ruined it. No excitement for Friday whatsoever.

anakin-skywalker-i-hate-them.gif
Very disappointing especially since we have a top-notch defense which by itself could take us deep into the playoffs if the offense were only average.

As down as I have been on Zach Wilson, I don’t blame him and I feel sorry for the kid. To me, this is all on Joe Douglas. Even if he could not have imagined that Zach was not the answer, he could have at least signed a legitimate back up QB after Rodgers got injured.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad