OT: The Football Thread

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
God I hate the eagles and their fans and even their fat head of security who just got tossed.

Eff everything Philly.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
What did i watch from the Broncos??? The double fumble on the punt return was certainly something different!

dino26

May 22, 2008
MN via Glasgow
So the Jets will run it back with everyone next season, personally I hope they draft Joe Alt and pick up some OL in FA, we need to protect Rodgers at all costs. Hopefully the Raiders winning and Davante not having much impact increases our chances of landing him for a 2025 pick.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
2 random thoughts today.

Like me, I’m sure every football fan is pissed off regarding the streaming only option for the Chiefs/Dolphins game. My knee-jerk reaction was screw them. There’s no way I am going to pay for it. After the anger resolved, I reassessed my options. Rather than being the “get off my lawn“ guy I came to the conclusion that it’s only $5.95 for one month at which point I can cancel the subscription. I can also share it with two other people, either friends or family. Considering that it’s probably the most compelling matchup for the weekend, I’m going to reluctantly pay the fee. I still think it’s bullshit though.

My other hot take today is regarding Belichek. As a diehard and long suffering Jets fan, I actually would be OK with the Jets hiring Bill Belichick and firing coaches Saleh and Hackett. If that means Joe Douglas also has to go, then I’m OK with that too. Of course, it’s remarkably unlikely that would happen but I thought I’d just put that out there.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
2 random thoughts today.

Like me, I’m sure every football fan is pissed off regarding the streaming only option for the Chiefs/Dolphins game. My knee-jerk reaction was screw them. There’s no way I am going to pay for it. After the anger resolved, I reassessed my options. Rather than being the “get off my lawn“ guy I came to the conclusion that it’s only $5.95 for one month at which point I can cancel the subscription. I can also share it with two other people, either friends or family. Considering that it’s probably the most compelling matchup for the weekend, I’m going to reluctantly pay the fee. I still think it’s bullshit though.

My other hot take today is regarding Belichek. As a diehard and long suffering Jets fan, I actually would be OK with the Jets hiring Bill Belichick and firing coaches Saleh and Hackett. If that means Joe Douglas also has to go, then I’m OK with that too. Of course, it’s remarkably unlikely that would happen but I thought I’d just put that out there.
I’m also ok with Belichek but the team would need approval from the real GM Rodger’s. I hate how he is holding this team hostage. If Woody really believes all this team needs to win a SB is a healthy Rodger’s then he is delusional.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The Ravens and Lions looked like the Isles yesterday. "Let's play well overall but then do some really stupid stuff and give the game away."

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Wondering if The Athletic hates the Jets as much as I'm told they hate the Isles...

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I wonder if The Athletic hates the Jets as much as I do
As someone who grew up a Jets fan, I have absolutely no inclination to defend the Jets the way I have to defend the Mets or Islanders. And after this Rodgers junk, I think I'm done. I hope Gardner, and G Wilson can move on to places where they don't have to deal with Jets BS. It's awful to see possibly the best draft class in Jets history absolutely ruined by this crap. Unbelievable.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
As someone who grew up a Jets fan, I have absolutely no inclination to defend the Jets the way I have to defend the Mets or Islanders. And after this Rodgers junk, I think I'm done. I hope Gardner, and G Wilson can move on to places where they don't have to deal with Jets BS. It's awful to see possibly the best draft class in Jets history absolutely ruined by this crap. Unbelievable.

This story should get people fired. And to top it off look at the unemployed coaches - Mike Vrabel and some guy named Bill.

I would kill for Vrabel. He has proven success as a HC in the AFC with Ryan f***ing Tannehill.
What do you think he could do with this Jets defense?

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
This story should get people fired. And to top it off look at the unemployed coaches - Mike Vrabel and some guy named Bill.

I would kill for Vrabel. He has proven success as a HC in the AFC with Ryan f***ing Tannehill.
What do you think he could do with this Jets defense?
I’ll take some guy named Bill. He’d clean up that mess on day 1.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
I think they would've made the playoffs if Rodgers was healthy. He'll come back next season and will be a shell of himself and they will be even worse. Then they will fire everyone and try with a new QB. Again. Same old Jets.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
No. You were wrong.

You were wrong that they couldn't win with Wilson. You were wrong that Rodgers wouldn't continue to mentor Wilson. You were wrong that Rodgers wouldn't be on the sidelines. And you will be wrong when the Jets make the playoffs with Wilson (50% odds right now).

I think they would've made the playoffs if Rodgers was healthy. He'll come back next season and will be a shell of himself and they will be even worse. Then they will fire everyone and try with a new QB. Again. Same old Jets.
I have a bad feeling we’re gonna have some Deja vu in April, but replace Jets with Islanders

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
I have a bad feeling we’re gonna have some Deja vu in April, but replace Jets with Islanders
Thanks for quoting a post that wasn't even meant for you. Should we have a "dumb post" quoting contest? Hint: you would lose.

And I stand by what I said. They WERE winning at that point with Wilson (obviously it fell apart shortly after), Rogers WAS on the sideline (something I was told wouldn't happen) and they DID have a 50% chance of making the playoffs at the time.

Not sure what this has to do with the Islanders situation but whatever. Carry on.

• Haha
Reactions: Zeeker

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Thanks for quoting a post that wasn't even meant for you. Should we have a "dumb post" quoting contest? Hint: you would lose.

And I stand by what I said. They WERE winning at that point with Wilson (obviously it fell apart shortly after), Rogers WAS on the sideline (something I was told wouldn't happen) and they DID have a 50% chance of making the playoffs at the time.

Not sure what this has to do with the Islanders situation but whatever. Carry on.
Your implication was that the Jets could win with Wilson and had a good shot at making the playoffs with him at QB (i hope you’re not implying you were being literal and meant win at least one game, lol).

You were so emphatic in calling that poster wrong that it deserved to be called out when he was clearly right. And I thought your complete 180 was funny.

There is somewhat of a parallel to the Islanders current situation, but hope that I don’t have to spell it ALL out for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00