OT: The Football Thread

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Next week’s game is Zach’s last chance to prove himself in the home game against the Pats. If they lose that one then it’ll be hard to imagine them winning any of the following 3 games (Home vs KC, Away vs Den, Home vs Philly).

Billy B is licking his chops. He's gotta get out of his 0-2 hole (both losses to two very good teams) and is going to make Zach's head spin.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Billy B is licking his chops. He's gotta get out of his 0-2 hole (both losses to two very good teams) and is going to make Zach's head spin.
The Jets D wasn’t at their best against the Cowboys. I’m looking for a better showing this week. Very likely neither team gets 20 points. Minimizing turnovers will be key.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Zach Wilson is not the answer I’m sad to say. That came to me belatedly at the end of last year when I saw not even a flash of talent or potential in the final few games.

Fast forward to game one of this year. Granted, the coaches kept his game under wraps, but if you think the touchdown he threw to his brother Garrett Wilson against Buffalo was reflective of the quarterback’s skills then you were watching a different game than I was. Garrett Wilson made an otherworldly play on a pass that frankly wasn’t well thrown.

I saw nothing in week two to change my mind. The lone Wilson to Wilson touchdown was a good throw but the result was far more reflective of the receiver’s skill than from any exceptional play made by his quarterback. Later in the game, Zach had a chance to connect again with Garrett Wilson on a deep ball, but he couldn’t look off the safety and he threw a floater that was a few yards short of his intended target.

Next week’s game is Zach’s last chance to prove himself in the home game against the Pats. If they lose that one then it’ll be hard to imagine them winning any of the following 3 games (Home vs KC, Away vs Den, Home vs Philly).
I think you missed my point. I wasn’t defending Wilson. I don’t believe the Jets win that game with Rodgers. That’s why I’m against bringing in a veteran QB until the line is improved.

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Are there any Zach Wilson believers left? I think not. And that’s even allowing for an absolutely terrible game plan by the O.C. Hackett.

Bart Scott is completely eviscerating Wilson on the postgame SNY broadcast. He’s not wrong.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Are there any Zach Wilson believers left? I think not. And that’s even allowing for an absolutely terrible game plan by the O.C. Hackett.
There were a bunch on page 34. probably won’t hear from them now.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Mike White had two passes for 68 yards with a td. Anyone involved with the decision to let White walk and keep Wilson should be fired.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Zach Willson, the OL, and the defense all share blame for the loss to Pats. Defense was good in second half, but too many players are getting locked up around the QB giving the QB too much time. Especially on third downs. Pass rush doesn't look as good as last year.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
It's really clear at this point that Zach Wilson is no Mark Sanchez, lol. It's processing - there's no anticipation. His throws are so late that every catch is contested, and he's putting the receivers in danger.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
What are the realistic options for QB for the Jets this year?

What a disaster this season is turning into...

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I see this thread is going to go about as well as the Baseball thread did....
As a Mets fan, I feel okay where they are. I don't think Diaz (his injury was the one piece of really bad luck) would have made the difference. I think what happened with Scherzer + Verlander was an understood risk going in. They didn't work out, and the Mets executed a well understood plan afterwards. Cohen made the bet, and he knew ahead of time what he was willing to lose. So when he lost, he simply followed the plan.

I hate football. How do you design a 53 player roster when 2 players (QB, OT) can make or break the entire thing? It's not like in baseball, where the season doesn't go where one would have liked it to - instead it's an utter disaster. And, by and large, rosters turn over completely in 4 years.

I guess Trevor Siemian...
He's no Marcus Semien, that's for sure.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
N

Not that Ryan or Wentz are that good but to pass them over for Siemian is brutal. Siemian was brought in to appease the fan base. I doubt he ever plays.

Matt Ryan has lost 30 lbs since his playing days and has publicly admitted that he has no interest in joining the Jets lol.

Wentz I could see, but he's a wild man. This team should attempt to win on their strength of defense and running backs, a turnover prone QB can easily dismantle that plan.

It's not inspiring at all, but I see why they landed on Siemian.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Matt Ryan has lost 30 lbs since his playing days and has publicly admitted that he has no interest in joining the Jets lol.

Wentz I could see, but he's a wild man. This team should attempt to win on their strength of defense and running backs, a turnover prone QB can easily dismantle that plan.

It's not inspiring at all, but I see why they landed on Siemian.
Did you watch the Pats game? Pats stuffed the box with 8 players eliminating the run game and daring the Jets to pass. Every D coordinator in the league will do the same until the Jets can prove they can throw the ball.

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I’m a dyed in the wool Jets fan and I just feel the need to say it.

Zach Wilson is not the answer. Good for him and the Jets that they beat Philly.

Let’s be honest though. They won because of their defense. Their OC was able to come up with a game plan to hide Wilson’s deficiencies so good on him for that. The Jets have two studs on offense, Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall, but other than that their offense is a bit of a disaster. Zach is a major part of that.

Again, a great win yesterday but if Zach Wilson were a stock, I’d be selling him this morning.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I’m a dyed in the wool Jets fan and I just feel the need to say it.

Zach Wilson is not the answer. Good for him and the Jets that they beat Philly.

Let’s be honest though. They won because of their defense. Their OC was able to come up with a game plan to hide Wilson’s deficiencies so good on him for that. The Jets have two studs on offense, Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall, but other than that their offense is a bit of a disaster. Zach is a major part of that.

Again, a great win yesterday but if Zach Wilson were a stock, I’d be selling him this morning.
You keep saying things like this but the fact is this team, with Wilson at QB, has defeated the Bills and Eagles. And at 3-3, with their most difficult part of the schedule behind them, are sitting in a decent spot to make the playoffs (something you said was impossible).

Is Zach Wilson "the answer?" No. But he's currently the best option. And given the team's other strengths should be enough to win with.

Would it kill you to say you're pleasantly surprised? :)

Reactions: Lights911

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1