Post-Game Talk: The Flying V comes to Washington 8:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Poor Schmidt shouldn't be in that group.
Nor should Williams, given that with 7G and 22P, he'd rank pretty high among Capitals (5th goals, 6th points). That list is basically remarking that Johansson has been injured and limited to 15 games, while Alzner and Winnik two goals combined (nobody was too upset about losing them).

Also if you count assists in that list it looks very different.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
I had an unsure (bad?) feeling about this one as game time approached.

Maybe it was just getting over an awful cold. Oh well lots of time left and only down 1 ... 2 sheesh :eek:

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Nor should Williams, given that with 7G and 22P, he'd rank pretty high among Capitals (5th goals, 6th points). That list is basically remarking that Johansson has been injured and limited to 15 games, while Alzner and Winnik two goals combined (nobody was too upset about losing them).

Also if you count assists in that list it looks very different.
Could not afford him

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Might be a bit premature here, but I'm at the point where I'm ready to see what I could get in return for Burakovsky. There are no signs that he's going to take any meaningful steps forward in his development and his decision making is so slow on the ice. He's a big old bag of meh.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Might be a bit premature here, but I'm at the point where I'm ready to see what I could get in return for Burakovsky. There are no signs that he's going to take any meaningful steps forward in his development and his decision making is so slow on the ice. He's a big old bag of meh.

At only 22 year old and a $3M cap hit, he's still a very solid asset to have around even if he never progresses beyond being a 35-40 point contributor. Given the upside, I'd say to hang onto him. Doesn't make sense to sell low.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
This is why I have my doubts about us ever going far in the Trotz era. A general reliance on individual plays and ad lib in the neutral and offensive zones. Not a lot to fall back on offensively when the team isn’t feeling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad