Post-Game Talk: The Flying V comes to Washington 8:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
They should put Oshie on to the 3rd line for a while when he comes back and see if that gets Burakovsky going. 2nd line is doing just fine with Chiasson so it's worth a shot to try and create 3 scoring lines. If it doesn't work you can always go back to Vrana-Kuz-Oshie. Besides Oshie is going to get enough minutes either way because of his PP role.
We haven't had many pp opportunities lately.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I have always thought that this team was going to be fine. I never had any doubt that the Caps would be a playoff team and I thought they had a chance at the division. I thought it might take longer for this team to get on the same page with all the new players. Trotz has done can good job.
About the players we lost in the off season. I never thought we lost as much value as everyone else thought. I never really considered Shattenkiurk as a part of this team since his time here was short and unsuccessful. Alzner was obviously regressing and his play this year shows that. Johansson was finally coming around but thought he was a player that should have been moved before we gave him his last deal. Winnick was an alright 4th line player but easily replaceable with a younger player. Justin Williams just didnt do it for me. I honestly feel he underachieved while he was here. Playing on a line with Kuzy and playing on the 2nd pp unit on such a strong team. How could he not reach 50 points on this team. As for his leadership I just didn't see it and he definitely wasnt Mr game 7 for us. I think our biggest loss was Schmidt. He was coming into his own. He could be a pretty decent dman for a long time.

Outside of Williams, for leadership more than production, I don't think they lost anything. If anything getting Djoos and Bowey important time is a plus, which I called for in the summer. Not to mention Marge leaving gets Vrana where he needs to be in the lineup and Kuz on PP1.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Outside of Williams, for leadership more than production, I don't think they lost anything. If anything getting Djoos and Bowey important time is a plus, which I called for in the summer. Not to mention Marge leaving gets Vrana where he needs to be in the lineup and Kuz on PP1.
So far the changes are working. Hope it continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad