Post-Game Talk: The Flying V comes to Washington 8:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Are the Caps and Ducks playing on the same ice? I only see one team playing puck fumbling hockey .

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
And that's how you complete a comeback!!!!!!

One of the only players in the league who can make that shot on John Gibson.

Also Kucherov scored so Ovie had to get one. ;)

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Man, when the Puck luck falls off we're gonna be in for a rough time. That was a he'll of a shot by Ovi but we were lucky to get to that point.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Gutty comeback win when it looked like Gibson was going to have their number tonight and a huge 2 pts as the Rangers, Islanders, Flyers, and Hurricanes all won tonight. Pittsburgh is also going to get at least 1 pt. Oh, and the BJs lost.

Edit: Pittsburgh won.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Respectfully, but we completely watched two different games.

Ducks were not the more dangerous team in that game.

Looked poor for 2 periods even turned it on when they went prevent. Mine was more a comment on overall play, I feel a lot of the 50/50 shots from them have been coming up heads for them. I worry what will happen when the luck falls off.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
How would you like 2?

Ovie...yow!
Liking it so much!

When Ovie stayed out for the endless shift and embarked on solo foray across blue line with D man holding good gap, i figured there was approximately zero percent chance the sequence would end with anything other than giveaway, odd-man counterattack, and goal against.

I was wrong.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Looked poor for 2 periods even turned it on when they went prevent. Mine was more a comment on overall play, I feel a lot of the 50/50 shots from them have been coming up heads for them. I worry what will happen when the luck falls off.

is that what we are calling it? 10 wins in last 12

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Columbus lost. The Devils were idle so that puts the Caps in first in the metropolitan. Unfortunately all the other teams in the divisions won.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Man, when the Puck luck falls off we're gonna be in for a rough time. That was a he'll of a shot by Ovi but we were lucky to get to that point.

They will lose in the second round of the playoffs?

PDO, which is basically the "luck" advanced stat, has the Caps at #3 at five on five (7 at all strengths), number one team, the Bolts. Also, there shouldn't be a Cap fan in the world who wouldn't rather be lucky than good. ;)

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
On the one hand, definitely some puck luck, given that the shot hit both the defender’s stick and the goalie’s stick, and still went in. On the other hand, 8 musta really ripped it, since even with the double deflexn, it didn’t appear to change trajectory at all

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Eh tonight seemed like an even game. Gibson stood on his head for 40 minutes then looked average for the final 20+.

While I think they are getting lucky I’m happy that the top 6 is playing well. They need to fix their depth but theoretically that’s something that can be done at the TDL or earlier.

They need to keep playing Djoos more and more. He’s a heady player and is a better fit alongside Carlson than anyone else on the roster. I was happy to see him get 17 minutes tonight but I think he should be getting closer to 20 on nights with virtually no special teams play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad