Post-Game Talk: The Edmonton’s New (Old) Lines

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Like a young John Carlson out there.

With the potential to be better me thinks. Carlson didn’t sniff point per game type production till his 11th season. Bouchard is in his 4th (!!). Just crazy stuff from the kid.

Hearing how slow he is on a shot he clearly didn't see was something.

Waiting to download the game to watch in full. But let me guess, he was screened and then blamed for not moving due to lack of lateral ability cause he didn’t even see the shot.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
why do I even go on the mains - right now there’s a discussion on if JT Miller’s # should be retired league-wide

I'd tell Canuck fans to calm down and take a seat, but they're on too much crack already

Go back to the farm lol

Not the last few. We haven't had a hard nosed coach who kicked the players ass when then needed it since pat Quinn. And he got fired because the spoiled babies like hall didn't listen. Today's coach has to kiss the superstars ass or they will pout. Would like to see a coach call out his team in the media once in a while.

Tell us you want McDavid traded, without telling us you want McDavid traded

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Bettman will move the team to a smaller building after that game.

I'll take the W. Not gonna critique this one at all because its not a bad way to get wins in a dense part of the schedule where Oilers play lots of games. Be strategic, stay in game, claim it in third. Consservation of energy and the W.
I was thinking about the Canucks. Whenever I see them they are pedal to the metal. I wonder how they will be down the stretch.

PS I'm sure they will come here and tell us.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
I don't know why so many are upset that a coach mixed up the lines... Maybe too late yeah, but you have to remember the reason he swabbed them in the first place was because the lines went cold. It happens sometimes and sometimes you gotta shake things up.

Knob hasn't really done anything too dramatic worth criticizing so far honestly. He doesn't strike me as a coach that takes risks or tries to reinvent the wheel. We'll see if he's the right guy to bring us playoff success.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Also I think you meant to say Ken Hitchcock because Quinn never coached the kids. His only season was the worst in oilers history to that time and got us Hall
Yes correct Quinn coached year before hall was drafted. But we has a horrible team that nobody could turn around. And yes Hitchcock I was thinking about but he never coached a full year I believe

About
Born: January 29, 1943, Hamilton
Died: November 23, 2014 (age 71 years), Vancouver
Teams coached: Edmonton Oilers (Head coach, 2009–2010),

Ummm lol
Correct.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Yes correct Quinn coached year before hall was drafted. But we has a horrible team that nobody could turn around. And yes Hitchcock I was thinking about but he never coached a full year I believe

Correct.
Ok that’s all I was saying. Both guys were good coaches for their time but seriously hard nosed asshole coaches are becoming a distant memory in todays NHL.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Tough 2nd again, but then beat the brakes off them in the 3rd.

Love the way this team responded after, please keep Draisaitl and McLeod together, they're a great fit.

Thought Nurse and Kulak were excellent today.

Skinner knows he can be better and needs to be better in tougher games, but he still made some saves when the team needed them.

Also the game is hard to watch in 4K because of that community rink lighting

Reactions: Ibanez

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
IMO that was probably Kulak's 2nd best game of the season, he needs to show more of that cause I was about ready to give him the short straw as a trade deadline cap casualty.

This game also completely turned around upon reuniting Drai and McLeod, not our most skilled winger option, but he provides all the core elements of what Drai needs out of a linemate.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Ibanez

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
f***er was invisible. Again.

:sarcasm:
Thats an improvement from his last couple of games where he was visibly losing us the game.

Best not to argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

That said kevy needs to quit while he’s behind.
He'll just create kevy99999 next anyways, cant get rid of him

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Pat Quinn got fired because he was a dinosaur who couldn’t coach young players. The time of the hard nose coach is over. Even Torts on Philly has showed his time has passed. Good start but you can already see the team tuning him out. The days of break a player down to build them up are over.
Lol. Most hockey writers have Torts very high on their Jack Adams ballots this year for what he has done with the Flyers. I can’t even call that a bad example. It’s a non example.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
1000004368.jpg

1000004369.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad