TSN: The Drouin Saga Part II - "How You Drouin?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
well he asked for a trade BECAUSE he wasn't playing, not the other way around... that's why i'm confused

0.5ppg is fine, but is it really worth what they're presumably asking for?

At 19 years old on a very good team on which it was tough to get icetime?
Well... it shows that he can produce, if anything.

And the trade request was made far, far before he was sent down.

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
Honestly tho, what's the appeal of drouin?
He hasn't proven a thing in the pros. Small, doesn't back check, and most certainly doesn't 'grind'.
We're gonna give up big assets for a guy therrien is just going to wind up benching or better yet, scratching cuz he isn't playing like davey?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
At 19 years old on a very good team on which it was tough to get icetime?
Well... it shows that he can produce, if anything.

And the trade request was made far, far before he was sent down.

You are correct. His agent had made the trade request privately in November.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Teams like Colorado & Jets will be all over this kid! Both MacKinnon & Ehlers had some amazing chemistry with Drouin in Jr.

They also have the assets!!!

Both of them playing in the NHL currently while Drouin is drying up in the minors. Wonder who the real valuables are... Oh wait, no I don't, it's pretty obvious who they are!

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
If we have a chance to pick up Drouin without giving up any of our key players + McCaron then we need to do it. Drouin will be good and Montreal can't miss out on an opportunity to get a purely offensive potential future star player. That being said, don't expect Drouin to make an impact on the team this year though, a trade for Drouin would be to benefit us in the long run and with the way this team is playing we'd be better off keeping him in the AHL.

Really withoit giving up anyone? We will pay through the nose, you think there are not other teams out there that would like this player? It will cost us Galychenyuk but I bet it ends up being Gallagher. MB and mT are stupid enough to do this.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Drouin Draft: 2.14 PPG
MacKinnon Draft: 1.70 PPG
Huberdeau Draft: 1.57 PPG

Drouin Draft+1: 2.35 PPG
MacKinnon Draft+1: (0.77 PPG in NHL)
Huberdeau Draft+1: 1.95 PPG

I don't know how I feel about those stats, as I said I have a hard time with junior stats

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Honestly tho, what's the appeal of drouin?
He hasn't proven a thing in the pros. Small, doesn't back check, and most certainly doesn't 'grind'.
We're gonna give up big assets for a guy therrien is just going to wind up benching or better yet, scratching cuz he isn't playing like davey?

Therrien won't be here forever.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Both of them playing in the NHL currently while Drouin is drying up in the minors. Wonder who the real valuables are... Oh wait, no I don't, it's pretty obvious who they are!

I dont disgree with what you wrote.

But I was just trying to make a point that these two teams will be hard on him because of the allure of pairing these two great young players with Drouin once again.

Not to mention the rest of the herd...

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax

Drouin's production has been more impressive than Ehler's in the NHL this season and last.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Drouin Draft: 2.14 PPG
MacKinnon Draft: 1.70 PPG
Huberdeau Draft: 1.57 PPG

Drouin Draft+1: 2.35 PPG
MacKinnon Draft+1: (0.77 PPG in NHL)
Huberdeau Draft+1: 1.95 PPG

Small caveat : I'd add that Huberdeau was, all in all, slightly better surrounded (much better support from the D at least; Drouin had McKinnon and Ehlers, but Huberdeau had better "quantity" helping him).

Those two Saint John teams were scary good and it a shame they didn't win the Mem Cup back-to-back.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Brian Wilde has found a new niche. He keeps tweeting how the Habs are pursuing Drouin and when nothing happens in a 24-48 hour cycle, he comes back with a comment about how they're showing more interest and have upped their offer but won't say who is being offered.

Hey Brian, I have news for you. Tomorrow the Habs will increase their offer again, just in case you were looking for what to tweet about next.

So what is he suppose to do...not tweet?

This is what reporters do...they REPORT!!!!!
He obviously has an insider....who's yours??

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So what is he suppose to do...not tweet?

This is what reporters do...they REPORT!!!!!
He obviously has an insider....who's yours??

You are, since you just confirmed that he has an insider. :laugh:

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Drouin outplayed Mackinnon for team Canada as an underager. Guy has mad skills. A good development coach could turn this guy in a real player. While we don't have one right now. Drouin is young. And management personnel can change.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Drouin outplayed Mackinnon for team Canada as an underager. Guy has mad skills. A good development coach could turn this guy in a real player. While we don't have one right now. Drouin is young. And management personnel can change.

Isn't that the ultimate dichotomy? Drouin would be forced into the grinder.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
From the recent looks of things, our first round pick in the next draft is starting to look very good by the days. I wonder if this could be a weapon to put into a Drouin trade, without giving up too much of what we already have....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad