TSN: The Drouin Saga Part II - "How You Drouin?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Can't believe there's a part 2 for a player who's never coming here.

A local guy with end skill who the Habs have been rumored to be interested in? Hell yeah a Part II. Plus, it keeps the trade proposal thread free to discuss other possibilities instead of being bombarded mostly Drouin talk.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I think we got to like part 7 or 8 on Sundin and/or Hossa.

Because Sundin and Hossa were legit rumors which we came very close to get. Even the GM at the time commented on.

The only reason we're talking about Drouin extensively is because he's a local guy.

Tampa are never trading him to us.

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
McCarron based on his AHL stats, size, being a first rounder, improvements, potential etc. I think isn't even too far off from Drouin. Yzerman would love Big Mac.

Shouldn't McCarron + 1st be enough?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
McCarron based on his AHL stats, size, being a first rounder, improvements, potential etc. I think isn't even too far off from Drouin. Yzerman would love Big Mac.

Too much imo

Mac for Drouin even up....

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

Drouin has the hype though being a 3rd overall and from the Q.

I'd rather keep Mac though. Drouin does not fill a need for us atm. Mac does.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Yzerman will be in no rush to trade him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this one stretch to the offseason

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Nice title! :laugh:

I'm not gonna lie LG, it took me a few minutes to think that one up:laugh:

On topic: To be honest, I think a McCarron for Drouin swap is a pretty fair deal. If Yzerman wants the Habs to pay a premium, I wouldn't be adverse to adding a second. I don't think many teams will trade established roster players for Drouin at this point. I also think that dangling McCarron puts the habs in a pretty good position vis a vis others.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
We have more posts over here about Drouin than the Tampa fans have on their board.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013

I think that's over payment. Personally, and I called it when McCarron was called up that he would be underwhelming, I believe that McCarron will end up the better player of the two. Honestly. All things considered McCarron will be the better more useful player.

We need to hang on to him no matter what, he will be our first profitable harvest from the farm in a long time. Since Gallagher atleast.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Galchenyuk + Eller

for

Drouin + Stamkos (sign&trade)

No way Tampa accepts that, just no way. A former 60 goal scorer (who's also scored 50 once and 40+ twice) and a potential first line winger for a potential top line centre and a 3rd line centre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->