Rumor: The dog days of august proposal and trade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I got time for Gryba. Horcoff? Not so much... I would rather give Kaira the spot

This isn't a case of Horcoff taking someone's roster spot immediately. He would be in camp as a centre along with Khaira, Lander, Letestu, McDavid, Nuge, Draisaitl, etc.

Lander is the one who should be a little nervous, but Horcoff will have to show a lot to force them to keep him around.

I like Khaira too, but he's better off playing a lot and developing in Bakersfield than being the 13th forward in Edmonton.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
horcoff making the team would be at the expense of Letestu, not Lander. Our 4th line center job is filled already and I do no see Horc as an upgrade to letestu.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
51.1% last year and he's not really that slow

That's like saying so and so was a step up from Scrivens going into last year's training camp. While true, it's not exactly setting the bar high.

How many face offs did he take though? AFAIK he has played wing since he left here.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
horcoff making the team would be at the expense of Letestu, not Lander. Our 4th line center job is filled already and I do no see Horc as an upgrade to letestu.

I could see them looking for their 13th forward to be a vet. If Lander can't beat out Letestu or give him a good run for his money I think you waive him and send him to Bakersfield. The guy would be done here IMO and maybe the only way to get back is to succeed in the AHL.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
I like a PTO to Horcoff. I remember Yak saying Horcoff was a big mentor for him during his rookie season. Yak has been **** since then so maybe Horcoff brings the best out of Yak.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Jesus, do you even bother reading what's been written about Larsson? Or are you just going to keep burying your head under the sand of "WE TRADED HALL FOR HIM".

What does Taylor Hall have to do with it? Did I mention his name?

It's some sort of outlandish claim that Sekera might be this teams best d-man?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I like a PTO to Horcoff. I remember Yak saying Horcoff was a big mentor for him during his rookie season. Yak has been **** since then so maybe Horcoff brings the best out of Yak.

From what Struds use to say Horc looked after a lot of the kids off the ice. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing though.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Ehrhoff on a PTO is a decent option for our PP. Definitely not worth giving a contract given his performance in recent years, but he was a really good offensive dman.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Horcoff coming back on a PTO is a surefire a sign that the old boys club is alive and well and still digging their grubby fingers into every key decision.

Dude's a 38 year old, PED using cheater, who has no place in the NHL anymore.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Not sure about the credibility of this Leavins guy reporting the Horcoff and Gryba stuff... but it's surprising. That doesn't bode well for Lander in any case (and I am still cheering for the guy, but man did his game tank outside of his F/O prowess). Gryba performed decently, I'm not sure why they would play hardball with him in particular other than feeling one of Reinhart / Nurse would slot in on the bottom pairing in his spot. I don't see the harm in having Gryba signed and on board as a 7th, knowing the immutable, unwavering fact of injuries over the course of a season.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Horcoff coming back on a PTO is a surefire a sign that the old boys club is alive and well and still digging their grubby fingers into every key decision.

Dude's a 38 year old, PED using cheater, who has no place in the NHL anymore.
Is it old boys club or Katz?

I also don't know how this would be tied to every key decision. It is quite a minor move if it ever does happen

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
There's no difference regarding the bold.

So you think they were the ones that had the balls to trade Hall, that convinced Lucic to come to Edmonton?

The fact that it's only a PTO is the funniest part. If those guys really were pulling the strings Horc would've had a deal July 1st.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
No. Larsson>>>>Hamilton, and we needed reliable dman better than anyone we have. Hamilton is neither of those things. I wish we could have gotten Hamilton for the 2nd pairing though

Actually my question was more if we could have done the deal while still adding Larsson would you do it . Lots of if . We would still have to have gotten Puljujarvi and signed Lucic other wise I don't think Chia would of moved Hall . I think once develop Pulju will have similar value to Hall . He can drive the play like Hall , Better 2 way player , more physical . Not sure if he will put up as many points as Hall .

Anyways if you could redo the deal for Reinhart and still add Lucic Pulju & Larsson would you do it ?

We end up with a line up of

Lucic McD Yakupov
Pouliot RNH Eberle proven line
Maroon Draisaitl Pulju
Hendricks Letestu Kassain

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Hamilton
Davidson Fayne
Oesterle

I think this is a good all around team . A couple of developmental years before going for a cup . I think even with the young D and forwards this team gets us into the playoffs .

Just a thought . Would anyone undo the Reinhart trade and do the Hamilton trade if we could have the team as it is with only Nurse and Reinhart gone and Hamilton in

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So you think they were the ones that had the balls to trade Hall, that convinced Lucic to come to Edmonton?

The fact that it's only a PTO is the funniest part. If those guys really were pulling the strings Horc would've had a deal July 1st.

that's the main difference. It's only a PTO. Absolutely no one should be against Horcoff on a PTO. If he doesn't help our team, then he won't get a deal. If Khaira or Lander are both better, he won't get a deal. Horcoff does have history here, but if we care about winning games we should move on from that kind of thing.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Would a 4th line plug like Ryan Carter amount to much here? I am not sure if signed yet.

Although we are hoping Pitlick can amount to something this season in Bakersfield, same with Moroz for that matter. It will only be a matter of time before Khaira becomes a regular for the Oilers.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
According to Jim Matheson, Gryba has been offered a PTO from three different teams but is still holding out hope that the Oilers will bring him back for another year.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2016/08/...ming-season--legacy-in-mix--lone-particiapant

I assume Matheson has probably talked directly to Gryba at the Perry Pearn camp.

Gryba likes Edmonton as well I assume being close to home. I hope Chia can get on this, he is right in his prime, hard to play against. Averaged the most hits on the Oilers last season. I just like his style and want to be hard to play against.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Horcoff getting a shot at making this team would make a bad summer for the franchise even worse. It doesn't need the aging and useless version of a selfish, soft, drug abusing player bringing his inflated ego into the dressing room of a team that already has enough problems with another difficult non-playoff year coming up.

Just to add to that, Mactavish being the president of the Horcoff fan club would probably have a lot to do with a decision like this. Never a good thing when the worst player assessment coach/GM in franchise history has enough pull to get the new GM to waste time on a useless 38 year old player.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Gryba likes Edmonton as well I assume being close to home. I hope Chia can get on this, he is right in his prime, hard to play against. Averaged the most hits on the Oilers last season. I just like his style and want to be hard to play against.

Have to think at this point you could get him for damn near min or at the very least if he can't make the roster he's a guy that's cap hit would disappear if sent to Bakersfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad