Rumor: The dog days of august proposal and trade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Last one hit 1000 and change.

Any ideas on what the oilers should do before the start of training camp? (On a side note I have seen three people wearing oiler hats in here in Poland)

from the end of last proposals thread:

"To EDM: Trouba + Morissey
To WPG: Eberle + Nurse
"

Which team improves?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think minus a PTO or 2, this will be our lineup going into the season. It's pretty much the same team but with a healthy lineup and Lucic and Larsson.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
from the end of last proposals thread:

"To EDM: Trouba + Morissey
To WPG: Eberle + Nurse
"

Which team improves?

Neither.

Winnipeg doesn't need Eberle and Edmonton doesn't need a $6m Trouba at the expense of 30 goals and our top D prospect.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
What about Jakub Nakladal ? Not a big name , but he did put some decent numbers with the Flames in his short stint with the team . Here is a little write up .

The 28-year-old Czech played 27 games this past season with the Calgary Flames, putting up five points (two goals, three assists) and a minus-5. Sure, this may seem mediocre, but the right-hand shot had a 53.6 percent Corsi for and a 6.0 relative Corsi, along with 41 hits, 23 shot blocks and only six PIM. In this short time, Nakladal put up strong numbers as one of Calgary’s strongest performing defenders.

Nakladal also played 35 games for the Flames’ AHL Affiliate, the Stockton Heat, posting 14 points (two goals, 12 assists) and a minus-3, along with 30 PIM. Despite being a minus-player, Nakladal put up a strong defensive performance.

Not to mention, Nakladal’s scouting report points out his strengths, which could be a huge upgrade to the Oilers’ current defensive corps.

Here's his scouting report

“Owns good size for the National Hockey League. Has a defensive conscience and usually keeps things simple in his own zone. Kills penalties with aplomb and also has a booming point shot.” – The Hockey News

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
I saw him live a few times in Calgary and he stood out from the rest of the Flames' D. I was consistently in awe how bad he looked.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
When is the Young Prospects tournament this year? I'm craving for any sort of hockey related action

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Neither.

Winnipeg doesn't need Eberle and Edmonton doesn't need a $6m Trouba at the expense of 30 goals and our top D prospect.

Getting Eberle would shore up WPG's top 6 bumping Stafford down to the 3rd line where he belongs. Trouba the 6M Dman would be their #4 Dman and if playing in top 4 would be playing on the left side. Nurse would be a more natural and much cheaper alternate. Unlike Trouba Nurse would be happy with not getting PP time.

Edmonton would shore up the D and then some more by acquiring Trouba. Losing Eberle would hurt but would be well worth it. It is unproven but there is plenty skill up front.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
I have been pro Franson at a good cost for a while. Seems like a great fit as a veteran 3rd pair rhd. He's like a cheaper wideman that doesn't demolish refs (or anyone really).

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Oilers would have to move out money for Franson. He makes 3.3 while we only have 2.4 in cap space left...

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I have been pro Franson at a good cost for a while. Seems like a great fit as a veteran 3rd pair rhd. He's like a cheaper wideman that doesn't demolish refs (or anyone really).

im all about passing on someone 15% better than clendenning

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Oilers would have to move out money for Franson. He makes 3.3 while we only have 2.4 in cap space left...

That is assuming just about everyone on ELC including Reinhart hits all their bonuses.
Oilers officially have over 8M in cap space, over 10 once they place Ference on LTIR.
Next season we pretty much just have Draisaitl to resign with over 20M of capspace.
I am sure we can live with some of the cap hit sliding to next season.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=EDM

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I saw him live a few times in Calgary and he stood out from the rest of the Flames' D. I was consistently in awe how bad he looked.

I like both the Flames and Oilers . Oilers first and now I live in the east I only stay up to watch the Oilers so I never seen him play . His scouting report doesn't sound bad , but if he looked bad with the Flames he is probably going to look worst with the Oilers weaker D

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
That is assuming just about everyone on ELC including Reinhart hits all their bonuses.
Oilers officially have over 8M in cap space, over 10 once they place Ference on LTIR.
Next season we pretty much just have Draisaitl to resign with over 20M of capspace.
I am sure we can live with some of the cap hit sliding to next season.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=EDM

There seems to be a consistent misunderstanding of how LTIR works.

LTIR only allows cap flexibilty when at the cap, or near enough to the cap to cause overage.
https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

When a player is placed on LTIR, their cap hit technically remains on the teams cap payroll and it continues to count as it always did. It also does not provide the club with additional cap-space savings that can be banked for future use while the team operates below the salary cap. Instead, LTIR provides relief if the club's averaged club salary, or payroll, begins to exceed the upper limit.

Basic Formula
This formula is used throughout the season and during the off-season
Amount team can exceed the cap = Cap hit of LTIR player - Amount of cap space available

I may be wrong, but to my knowledge LTIR relief does not effect performance bonus impact.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
There seems to be a consistent misunderstanding of how LTIR works.

LTIR only allows cap flexibilty when at the cap, or near enough to the cap to cause overage.
https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

I may be wrong, but to my knowledge LTIR relief does not effect performance bonus impact.

which is fine.. The fact remains.. Oilers can add another 8M contract before the start of the season without an issue. Once the season starts and they have Ference on LTIR they can add another 3M dollar player (Franson) and still be under cap.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
WTF?!?! That doesn't even make sense.

Haha. I've met a few people like that and it throws me off completely. Doesn't make sense.

I also think Nakladal looked pretty awful with the Flames last year. There's a reason he's not coming back. He gave North America a try, but if I were him I'd just go back to Europe and live comfortably in the Czech league or Swiss league or wherever.

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't hate Dennis Wideman as a #6/right shot PP option. Only 1 year left on his deal. I know you'd be doing the Flames a huge favor, so you'd have to get picks or prospects with him. I assume rivalry stuff would get in the way of any rational trade talk.

Last edited:

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
I know of a few of this kind.. most are Oilers fans living in Calgary long term so over the years the media brainwash and Ads make them "like" the Flames.

the worse are the couples...one that likes Edmonton other that likes Calgary...I could never see myself with a girl that likes the Flames...so nasty

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
I know of a few of this kind.. most are Oilers fans living in Calgary long term so over the years the media brainwash and Ads make them "like" the Flames.

I am an Oilers fan living in Calgary, and I feel that the media/fans/etc have the exact opposite effect on me! Makes me dislike them even more. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad