The Division 2

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Ok. I feel REALLY dumb now.

Went back to it. Apparently you just hit F and open the garage door. :laugh:

I just assumed it was a dead end and you had to get to it some other way.

Oh yes that one, yeah it took me a while too. At no other point can you randomly open garage doors unless in a mission

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I really don’t like that the Faction Caches only reset after a day. If I have a key for it I should be able to open it and get stuff from it. I’ve been trying to get this god damn Chatterbox for days now. So annoying.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Game is so fun. I got lucky enough to jump into a free roam with two friends who had mics and were awesome. Crushed a whole bunch of side missions and went through tunnels to stock up on keys. It's so much easier finding loot when you have multiple eyes and everyone is communicating.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Some of them get a bit tricky. There is one in a refugee camp with trailers everywhere. But there is no way in because all the trailers have barbed wire on top. Turns out there is a guard tower near by and you have to climb it zoom in on scope and shoot lock of the back of the gate. I had to look online for that one. That ones is west Potomac Park park
Yea that one took me a few minutes to figure out, but I actually climbed a trailer on the one side and shot it from there, there was that other one where you had to go over like 3 buildings and climb through windows and then drop down that took me a little bit. I like how they're somewhat tough to get, and basically have new places and loot to get in them. It makes sense since SHD tech is a super valuable resource.
I really don’t like that the Faction Caches only reset after a day. If I have a key for it I should be able to open it and get stuff from it. I’ve been trying to get this god damn Chatterbox for days now. So annoying.
It's really easy to get keys though, so people could just keep opening the same chest until they get what they want.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I just realized the map tells you what tine of day it is. Such detail, it tells you by shadows. If it’s evening the shadows point east and vice versa. That is such an attention to detail. When you open the map North is at the top so look at the shadows and you can tell if it’s going to be night soon. I much prefer day in this game

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Am I missing something with the weekly challenges?

I was helping a friend catch up, so I thought I might as well have some fun and do the 25 shield melee kills challenge. I got 50 exp and 100 e-credits for completing it...

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Made it to World Tier 1 yesterday. The new stuff it unlocks is almost overwelming.
If you have some high level friends, roll with them and get them to drop stuff that they pick up to level up fast. I was up to 440 in about 15 minutes. It makes the "grinding" easier. Don't worry about the talents/attibutes of each thing. Once you get to 450, then you can worry about it.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
level 12, still no items better than blue :?

get used to blues 80% of loot until level 25. You will get a fair number of purples and I even got a level 12 gold, but majority blues. At level 26 I don't get blues from loot boxes anymore purples and golds only. As you get closer to 26 the %'s change and more and more purples come up.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
wow story missions are far too easy if you are a level or 2 above the enemy level. I was roaming around leveled up to 28 didn't want to do the last mission wanted to savior it, but when I did it was incredibly easy and quick.

I listened to the people saying save the side missions to level 20 and above because the XP scaled to your level and 1 side mission is 33% of oyur required XP to level up. its really not necessary to do it that way id suggest levels 15-22 where the levels that I spent the longest time grinding through.

Ill do the strongholds and move up to world tier one pretty soon, 100% solo the whole game as I don't have playstation+. It is very doable I am maybe average at gaming. If I listened to the forums about this game being far too hard solo I wouldn't have started it. Anybody worried about it being too hard don't be, don't get me wrong it is difficult but it is not impossible. I die a lot too which probably shows my skill level isn't that high. best advice I got was when you die don't try what you are doing the exact same way again use different cover, use different skills or different guns.

Reactions: McDNicks17

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
get used to blues 80% of loot until level 25. You will get a fair number of purples and I even got a level 12 gold, but majority blues. At level 26 I don't get blues from loot boxes anymore purples and golds only. As you get closer to 26 the %'s change and more and more purples come up.

I got 2 purples last night at level 13 after clearing a Control Point so thats not bad

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I got 2 purples last night at level 13 after clearing a Control Point so thats not bad

RnG baby, yeah I got stiffed on purples. I got a reasonable amount but felt like from level ~18 and up to 25 I should of got way more, bosses dropping blues, loot boxes dropping blues. Im at level 29 now and seeing way more golds and my workbench is gold now too, so I craft a police m4 assault rifle gold immediately. Its too bad crafted items cant be recalibrated I have some great talents on other assault rifles id love to add to the m4

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Once you reach 30, the game shoves gold tier gear down your throat.

I should get to 30 tonight. When I log in everyday I spend nearly an hour going to all my checkpoints collecting my loot. I like to keep it to roughly the same time each day becaus for a while I had the 24 hour reset at like 8pm so I had to skip a day so it worked out to 6-7pm and I could get loot each night after work.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Got
I should get to 30 tonight. When I log in everyday I spend nearly an hour going to all my checkpoints collecting my loot. I like to keep it to roughly the same time each day becaus for a while I had the 24 hour reset at like 8pm so I had to skip a day so it worked out to 6-7pm and I could get loot each night after work.

Unlock the control points and you'll get free loot every day.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Once you reach 30, the game shoves gold tier gear down your throat.

I feel like the patch last Friday toned down the golds. I’m world tier 2 now and still getting a ton of purples, I was reading online a lot of people think that’s what has happened

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
What skills do you all use in world tier one? I normally ride dirrty with the attack drone and turret, but they aren't nearly as effective as they were before.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Played for about 5 hours last night with a couple buddies. Felt like I only played for 2, couldn't believe it. Got to a point and found my game was bugged at the Castle settlement. Couldn't get into the hatch but luckily a buddy was able to go down and unlock it. Turns out it was supposed to be fixed in a patch but that was a lie...

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
What skills do you all use in world tier one? I normally ride dirrty with the attack drone and turret, but they aren't nearly as effective as they were before.
I use the healing drone and the healing chem launcher. I just kill everyone with my guns. I found that most of the damage based skills didn't do enough damage to be really effective on hard/challenging. There were a couple that were useful though. The flame turret stops people in their tracks so if a heavy starts walking towards your group it's nice to set him on fire just to get him to stop moving/shooting. The oxidizer chem launcher is good for getting guys out of cover too and it does a fair bit of damage.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Does the civilian militia get mini-gun wielding heavy troopers?? I can't remember the exact wording, but a project I finished said something about heavy troopers patrolling friendly territories. But I have yet to see anyone of them, if they exist.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00