The Division 2

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Wasn't expecting that quite honestly.
Although, how has the original Division been holding up lately?
I haven't heard anything about the game in quite a while.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Hope they stick with the looter shooter RPG framework. The end game of the original was disappointing at launch, but playing it recently has been a treat. I like it quite a lot.

I hope they have a real skill tree this time around though. The abilities were pretty underwhelming in the original.

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH

Its the best its ever been. I put it down for a solid year not thinking I would ever come back to it but decided to check it out after the 1.8 update and I was seriously impressed. There's finally depth to the game now which I think was its biggest killer at the beginning

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Really? This game was pretty damn huge at it's peak. I'm not surprised at all.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I enjoyed the game in the beginning, but the story was short and lackluster. Then there was the whatever zone that was completely mobbed with hackers to the point it made little sense to ever go there. Completely killed the game for me. If you weren't grinding the repetitive nature of certain missions, you were falling behind in the PVP area and there was no other end game material when I last played.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
It will probably be released with less features than the current state of the first game. The developer will release an oops sorry about that statement and then over the course of a year after its release they will start adding those features back along with some crappy DLC.

I like to call it doing a Destiny.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Not going to hold my breath on it being a quality game.

This genre is doomed to fail until developers realize that you need actual end game content that's interesting. And if you can't do that, at least have some quality PvP.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I enjoyed the game in the beginning, but the story was short and lackluster. Then there was the whatever zone that was completely mobbed with hackers to the point it made little sense to ever go there. Completely killed the game for me. If you weren't grinding the repetitive nature of certain missions, you were falling behind in the PVP area and there was no other end game material when I last played.

I also really enjoyed the game until I hit a certain point, then I could not do anything. I could not get better gear to save my life, If I join a group I would get kicked because my gear score was too low and if I entered the darkzone I was instakilled, Really left a bad taste, I may give the second one a shot since I feel like I did have fun a got my monies worth out of the first one for sure.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I also really enjoyed the game until I hit a certain point, then I could not do anything. I could not get better gear to save my life, If I join a group I would get kicked because my gear score was too low and if I entered the darkzone I was instakilled, Really left a bad taste, I may give the second one a shot since I feel like I did have fun a got my monies worth out of the first one for sure.

I usually view games as being worth the money if I even get 12 hours out of it or so, because that's how much going to the movies would cost me for roughly the same price. The Division provided me with way more than 12 hours of fun, so definitely worth it I'd say, despite it's shortcomings.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I usually view games as being worth the money if I even get 12 hours out of it or so, because that's how much going to the movies would cost me for roughly the same price. The Division provided me with way more than 12 hours of fun, so definitely worth it I'd say, despite it's shortcomings.

That's how i view games as well.

Reactions: PK Cronin
Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
Heard enough good things about their improvements supporting the game after release that I will probably get this. Really enjoyed my first 20/30 hours of the first game. Then i remember the first bit of added content, rather than using this big environment they built, required you to hide under a metal walkway and defeat waves of enemies to pass. It really f***ed me off at the time

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis

Yeah I probably had over 100 hours so I was way under a dollar per hour of entertainment, I actually enjoyed getting all the collectables

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Its the best its ever been. I put it down for a solid year not thinking I would ever come back to it but decided to check it out after the 1.8 update and I was seriously impressed. There's finally depth to the game now which I think was its biggest killer at the beginning

Depth? What did Massive do?

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I played Division 1 recently for the first time in a long time and I enjoyed myself. Used it kind of as a time killer. Pop in and do a couple missions before shutting down. I'm definitely interested to see how 2 comes along.

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Depth? What did Massive do?

4 Incursions, Resistance Mode, Survival Mode, Lengendary Missions, HVT Missions, Underground, West Side Pier, 2 Dedicated PvP modes (Skirmish, Last Stand) and they also revamped the Rogue system so you can't get baited into going rogue anymore. Basically the end game is far more than just the Dark Zone now.

Reactions: CycloneLaunch

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Loved the first game before we started doing the pvp stuff which got ridiculous. Might give this one a go

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Beta starts today. I can't wait to get home and give it a shot. I almost splurged for the Gold Edition(which I never do for any games) just for the ability to play 3 days early :laugh: I just feel like saving $40 is worth waiting a few days. I'll have Anthem to play in that time anyway.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Played the beta. The gameplay is very division 1 (to be expected) with the exception of removing the "supers" and instead you get a specialized (4th) weapon. So if you didn't like Division 1 gameplay, you probably wont like Division 2.

My thoughts as someone you played 1 at launch (stopped like most when the first incursion was launched) and a bit on version 1.8

Good
- Open world feels better, more to do, control points and settlements are a good addition. A lot to upgrade aside from just the base of operations.
- Enemies are less bullet sponges. Yellow bar enemies may seem like it until you find their week points
- DZ was fun, i think some changes to balance need to be made but as a team of 2 we stood a chance against other teams of 2 and 3. PVE enemies seem tougher at the extraction points then they were in division 1
- New skills (though the beta only let you use one of the new ones)
- DC looks good in the game.
- Enemies are smarter, healing each other, rezzing each other.
- Special ammo (like explosive ammo) now auto equips. No more it going to your inventory and me never using it.

Not as Good
- The inventory UI (especially applying mods to weapons) is a step down from the last game
- Not sure how i feel about weapon mods no longer being drops, but they did add additional mods (for skills) so maybe they just didn't want too many options
- PVE Enemy abilities are a pain in the ass. Grenade Launchers and bombing drones are the new shotgun rushers
- Maybe its just because its the beta, but they need to make sure they balance DZ rewards correctly. Felt like the best way to get loot was also the easiest.

Im gonna pick it up. I think the loot drop/grind in Division is probably the best in any shooting game (closest to Diablo you will get).

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Open Beta will be this upcoming weekend, March 1-4

We are excited to announce that the Open Beta for Tom Clancy's The Division 2 will be available to play March 1 - 4!

Jump into Tom Clancy's The Division 2 for Free from March 1 - 4 during our Open Beta. Begin pre-loading the Open Beta starting February 28th at 1am PDT on the platform of your choice.

OPEN BETA TIMING

Pre-load starts: February 28 at 4:00 AM EST

Servers open: March 01 at 4:00 AM EST

Servers close: March 05 at 4:00 AM EST

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The first game had a lot of promise and unfortunately was plagued with bugs.

They'd literally fix a bug and cause 10 more in the process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->