Post-Game Talk: The Defending Stanley Cup Champs vs the Defending Stanley Cup Champions....of 06-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
We have seven guys on this team with 20+ goals for the season (well, Backstrom only has 19 but he's right there).
That's just crazy. Contrast that with Pittsburgh who only have 4.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Particularly since the odds of him winning a Rocket are WAY better than the odds of our team winning the Cup
(sorry, just being honest)

Exactly how I see it.

I'm gonna be completely honest here if the choice was Ovechkin catching Gretzky (not likely, but just putting it out there), or the Caps winning another Cup, I take Ovechkin all day every day.

Reactions: Heath

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Sweep a home-and-home (with a day in-between, admittedly) against one of the hotter teams in the league - that also happens to be a division rival - and lock up the playoffs?

Impressive work.

And Connolly's going to get paid. Good for him.

Well and its becoming more likely that the Canes are the Caps 1st round opponent. Not exactly sending a message, but can't hurt the Caps confidence.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Sweep a home-and-home (with a day in-between, admittedly) against one of the hotter teams in the league - that also happens to be a division rival - and lock up the playoffs?

Impressive work.

And Connolly's going to get paid. Good for him.

Can you imagine BMac having to decide between re-signing Connolly or Burakovsky? That will definitely be his big off season dilemma.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Exactly how I see it.

I'm gonna be completely honest here if the choice was Ovechkin catching Gretzky (not likely, but just putting it out there), or the Caps winning another Cup, I take Ovechkin all day every day.

If Ovie catches Gretzky (with the Caps, of course) then the chances of the Caps winning another Cup would be much, much greater.

So, I think we need both. ;)

Reactions: RandyHolt

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
If Ovie catches Gretzky (with the Caps, of course) then the chances of the Caps winning another Cup would be much, much greater.

So, I think we need both. ;)

Eh, I don't think the regular season and the post season have anything in common, but it would be awesome if BOTH happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad