Post-Game Talk: The Defending Stanley Cup Champs vs the Defending Stanley Cup Champions....of 06-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
They even have a guy from that team

DnS4S6lX0AExFtU

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hoping for Ovechkin to get 50, 51 and 52 this evening

Big game and a big night for the three wildcard teams battling it out. Carolina sits at 91 points, Montreal at 90 and Columbus at 88. Montreal and Columbus play each other this evening so if Columbus wins and the Canes lose it will get very interesting down the stretch. Plus, the Caps need another win with Pittsburgh in the rear view mirror

Reactions: Firsov99

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
+ Islanders-Jets.

It seems like the #2-#3 matchup is pretty much almost set with Penguins-Islanders (whatever order).

Penguins fans want the Islanders.
Islanders fans want the Penguins.

I just hope NY gets out of their funk and make it a series.

Last edited:
Reactions: searle

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
+ Islanders-Jets.

It seems like the #2-#3 matchup is pretty much almost set with Penguins-Islanders (whatever order).

Penguins fans want the Islanders.
Islanders fans want the Penguins.

I just hope NY gets out of their funk and make it a series.

I'd be fairly surprised if the Islanders don't get wrecked by the Penguins (if the Pens have Malkin back). Crosby-Malkin-Bjugstad-Cullen vs Barzal-Nelson-Filuppla-Czikas down the center... it's not even close. Give me Czikas over Cullen at this point but otherwise woof for New York. Lehner would have to post a .930+ save percentage and Murray would need to be .900 or worse over the course of the series to give them a shot.

Reactions: calicapsfan

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I'd be fairly surprised if the Islanders don't get wrecked by the Penguins (if the Pens have Malkin back). Crosby-Malkin-Bjugstad-Cullen vs Barzal-Nelson-Filuppla-Czikas down the center... it's not even close. Give me Czikas over Cullen at this point but otherwise woof for New York. Lehner would have to post a .930+ save percentage and Murray would need to be .900 or worse over the course of the series to give them a shot.

I guess that wouldn't be too far off this regular season pace.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010

True. It would be all up to Lehner and Trotz's system. But we've seen plenty of times a hot goalie changing a series on a dime, and here's hoping to Trotz mucking the Penguins' offense again.

Who knows? Maybe the Islanders can score for once against the Pens D. Well thats what Isles' fans are hoping for anyways and why they want Pittsburgh. I just want a bruising 6-7 game series.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
True. It would be all up to Lehner and Trotz's system. But we've seen plenty of times a hot goalie changing a series on a dime, and here's hoping to Trotz mucking the Penguins' offense again.

Who knows? Maybe the Islanders can score for once against the Pens D. Well thats what Isles' fans are hoping for anyways and why they want Pittsburgh. I just want a bruising 6-7 game series.

Trotsky knows how to play the Pens, but he doesn't have Ovi and Kuzy to score goals.

Anyway, this is the 2nd playoff game for the candy canes, but will the Caps care about it?

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Trotsky knows how to play the Pens, but he doesn't have Ovi and Kuzy to score goals.

Anyway, this is the 2nd playoff game for the candy canes, but will the Caps care about it?

Just imagine if your first round choices are either a playoff Washington or a playoff Pittsburgh (or Tampa). They really want that 1 seed bad to avoid either.

As for playing the Canes, it'll be harder this time around. Their house. Pretty much a must win with them being only 1 point ahead of Montreal and Columbus right behind that.

Caps need to have that killer instinct. Step on the neck, sweep the leg, whatever.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
It'll be harder this time around. Their house. Pretty much a must win with them being only 1 point ahead of Montreal and Columbus right behind that.

Caps need to have that killer instinct. Step on the neck, sweep the leg, whatever.

What's Tony Harding doing today? Busy?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yea...I got my ticket to the game. my seat is basically in Ov's office for the 1st and 3rd. My first Caps game of the year. Excited.

2. The Islanders are gassed. The Penguins will taking a beating from Clutterbuck and company but win in 5 games.

3. I think Ov gets 50 tonight and then we will see how much pressure Tavares and Draisaitl bring after that. If he feels comfortable, I think he goes right back to passing away his chances.

chilimac

Nov 4, 2009
kent island
Yea...I got my ticket to the game. my seat is basically in Ov's office for the 1st and 3rd. My first Caps game of the year. Excited.

2. The Islanders are gassed. The Penguins will taking a beating from Clutterbuck and company but win in 5 games.

3. I think Ov gets 50 tonight and then we will see how much pressure Tavares and Draisaitl bring after that. If he feels comfortable, I think he goes right back to passing away his chances.

Any chance you might post some commetary here while youre at the game?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Any chance you might post some commetary here while youre at the game?

I suppose that could be done. I don't expect to be standing in either the beer or men's room line during intermission.

Here's my question. How geared up should I get? I am leaning toward my Caps blue Fanantics hoodie. Its not as in your face as going with a jersey. I usually don't even go that far for away games.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I suppose that could be done. I don't expect to be standing in either the beer or men's room line during intermission.

Here's my question. How geared up should I get? I am leaning toward my Caps blue Fanantics hoodie. Its not as in your face as going with a jersey. I usually don't even go that far for away games.

Are people in Carolina that crazy? Just wear your jersey.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

No Oshie stinks but I'm interested to see Burakovsky back in a top 6 role if Oshie does indeed miss the game.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Jun 15, 2007
Wonder if Jaskin wishes he was waived. He might be playing on another team or at least the Bears.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Sports fans can be so weird... I have never seen anything happen to an away fan in Toronto, friendly banter is the most you'll see.

I worked security at Memorial Stadium for the Orioles. I saw Yankees hats ripped off people and set on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad