CFL: The CFL Thread: Part VI

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
On behalf of Argonaut fans, I’d like to take a moment and recognize the remarkable accomplishment of Simon Lawrence - - 12 seasons in a 9 team league and he somehow he managed to never win a championship.

Lawrence is right there with Ringless Milt Stegall as guys who love to run their mouth but have nothing to back it up.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
The Argos and Chad Kelly might be in serious trouble. Rick Westhead sent out a tweet that a former Argos employee has filed a wrongful dismissal suit against the team claiming Kelly sexually harrassed her and the team did nothing about if after she reported it...and then terminated her employment. She wasn't someone who just started working for the team for a few months. She had been employed by the team for 5 or 6 years.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Hefty suspension. Took some cahones from the CFL to go that hard on the #1 QB for the Argos. Good for them, certainly sends a message that this type of conduct will NOT be tolerated. They must have more info than us, can't see them going this heavy without some actual evidence (which the public hadn't seen yet due to the court case).

Reactions: joestevens29

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Hefty suspension. Took some cahones from the CFL to go that hard on the #1 QB for the Argos. Good for them, certainly sends a message that this type of conduct will NOT be tolerated. They must have more info than us, can't see them going this heavy without some actual evidence (which the public hadn't seen yet due to the court case).
I don't think he is a character guy that the CFL wants to showcase, half the year suspension for a guy who is already collected more than half his pay. I don't know all the facts but it doesn't like sound good for him. Can he appeal this and get it reduced? Looking for that information but can't find it.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I don't think he is a character guy that the CFL wants to showcase, half the year suspension for a guy who is already collected more than half his pay. I don't know all the facts but it doesn't like sound good for him. Can he appeal this and get it reduced? Looking for that information but can't find it.

Likely an appeal coming. We'll see. This guy has had trouble with the law, teams management, and just basic human decency at basically every turn it seems. I have little sympathy for the little nepo baby who can't handle the word no. I don't mind this suspension at all. Here is Canada we tend to have less tolerance for things like this than he might be used to in the US.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Likely an appeal coming. We'll see. This guy has had trouble with the law, teams management, and just basic human decency at basically every turn it seems. I have little sympathy for the little nepo baby who can't handle the word no. I don't mind this suspension at all. Here is Canada we tend to have less tolerance for things like this than he might be used to in the US.

Some more fact finding? I.E. We need to talk to a lawyer and see if we have a leg to stand on here.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Bo Levi Mitchell showed up to practice with a walking boot, they say it's precautionary. I hope this doesn't mean that he's done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad