CFL: The CFL Thread: Part VI

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Can someone explain how on 3rd & Goal it was DPI called on Ottawa? I’m baffled, especially after the review confirmed the call..

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Sucks for Desjardins but they had to move on. Surprised that LaPo is sticking around to be honest, even a measured show of support from the CEO. Moves that were 100% linked to LaPo have not looked good this (ie Nichols, Flanders). LaPo is a great guy and solid o coordinator but his 2nd chance at the big job is somehow going worse than the first.

In other news edmonton decided to shuffle some deck chairs on the Titantics sister ship, the doomed ship "Elk". I dont Arbuckle is gonna save them. Wonder if Arbuckle has enough time to get up to speed and make an impact before the season ends to make a case for himself for next year.

The CFL is really gonna be at a QB cross roads next year. Collaros and Fajardo are really the only two that are super comfortable, IMO. If Bo Levi was a rookie having the season he is he might have been run out of Calgary. Reilly is 37ish and the most expensive in CFL while BC looks equally mediocre with Reilly or Rourke. Masoli/Evans and useless Watford is winning more than either of those. MBT loses his starting job 2/3 times every season. MTL looks better with backups than VA. Edm/Ott are a mess. Should be an interesting carousel this offseason.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Argos trade Arbuckle to the Elks. Return TBA

Why would the Argos who have a decent chance at first trade away QB depth. What do the Elks have to gain here?

MBT is one bad hit away from this season being done.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Why would the Argos who have a decent chance at first trade away QB depth. What do the Elks have to gain here?

Ive been hearing these rumours for weeks. The speculation is Dinwiddie prefers Pipkin to Arbuckle at QB so would rather run Pipkin as the backup.

If Arbuckle can get up to speed in Elks offense its a tryout for next year.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Ive been hearing these rumours for weeks. The speculation is Dinwiddie prefers Pipkin to Arbuckle at QB so would rather run Pipkin as the backup.

If Arbuckle can get up to speed in Elks offense its a tryout for next year.
He's a free agent at the end of the year. Wouldn't it be something if he ends up in Ottawa

Argos are getting back a 3rd round pick plus a unnamed player off their neg list. Picks gets upgraded to a 2nd if he extends in Edmonton

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I guess it shows just how much faith we have in Cornelius and Prukop.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
He's a free agent at the end of the year. Wouldn't it be something if he ends up in Ottawa

Argos are getting back a 3rd round pick plus a unnamed player off their neg list. Picks gets upgraded to a 2nd if he extends in Edmonton

Yeah but I think Arbuckle just wants a starting job. If EDM offers him that i think itll be an easy re-sign for them. So thats why I say try-out, both sides get to test waters for next year.

Would be funny, but I dont think so. IMO OTT is thinking Duck Hodges is their guy.

Last edited:

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
This has been my first season watching the CFL, and I'm loving it. I tried a bit last year, but it wasn't as accessible here in the States as it is this year.

Up against the RoughRiders tomorrow. Hope we trash them.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Cary scores for Calgary to tie it up against Ottawa....

Ottawa...

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
If we lose tonight, and Braves lose later, this was a date that Sports royally sucked.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
BC driving to potentially beat Toronto in Toronto.

Gotta love it.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Winner of tonight clinches a playoff spot.

Let's go Alouettes.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Kick is blocked. Toronto wins.

I thought that meant we won too, but the Argos messed up royally with clock management and gave BC another chance to win but the Double Blue survived in OT.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
I thought that meant we won too, but the Argos messed up royally with clock management and gave BC another chance to win but the Double Blue survived in OT.

Yeah, and I didn't even notice as I went straight to the Als match, but then during halftime, they talked about the debacle about the Toronto ending.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
That ending in Toronto was such an embarrassment. It amazes me how many coaches simply don't know how a clock works and can't do basic math.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
This Friday Hamilton plays Toronto in Toronto, but it will probably seem like a home game for Hamilton because at least 5,000 TigerCat fans will be there. I will be one of those Hamilton fans. Oskee wee wee!!

Reactions: WeaponOfChoice

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Logically I should cheer for Sask to make CGY final game meaningless for both sides for Bombers. But theres just something cathartic about seeing Goal Post Cody fail.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So playoffs are basically set now other than a faint hope for MTL to host east semi.

SEMI'S
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Montreal @ Hamilton

FINALS
CGY/SSK @ Winnipeg
MTL/HAM @ Toronto

Should be fun down stretch. I still see a Bomber TiCat Grey Cup.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
So playoffs are basically set now other than a faint hope for MTL to host east semi.

SEMI'S
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Montreal @ Hamilton

FINALS
CGY/SSK @ Winnipeg
MTL/HAM @ Toronto

Should be fun down stretch. I still see a Bomber TiCat Grey Cup.
I hope that you're right, but for some reason I think it's going to be Toronto vs. Winnipeg with Toronto winning even though Toronto sucks. Toronto seems to have a lot of luck this year they've won so many 1 point games and many close ones and get a lot of Argo bounces and favourable officiating.

sonic92

Mar 5, 2020
Peace River, AB
Montreal ends up losing to Ottawa tonight, so that officially sets the playoff field.

East Semi-Final - Montreal at Hamilton
West Semi-Final - Calgary at Saskatchewan

East Final - MTL/HAM at Toronto
West Final - CGY/SSK at Winnipeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad