GDT: POL vs. LAT May 11, 2024

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Is Poland still the favorite in Men's Volleyball at the next Olympics?

How about Latvia in 3 on 3 Men's Basketball? Are they running it back?

Reactions: Eye of Ra

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
What an embarrasment this team is for us, f***ing Poland? Really? Team that consists of almost all Polish league players?

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Poland with the most lucky bounces I've seen in a hockey game. I mean, seriously.

Need to get 2 points here.
lucy bounces are lucky bounces but losing any points to Poland in any fashion is simply embarassing so come on now

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'm not sure how many guys on Poland would make an ECHL roster, but they still played hard all the same. Congrats to Latvia on the win.

Reactions: PhysicX

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Kinda sad for Poland because they really did very well and 1 point, while not nothing, doesn't do much for them in the grand scheme of things.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Good first game for Poland, should really help the team's confidence for the rest of the tournament, showing they can keep up with the teams here.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I can live with losing a point, we need 3 vs France tomorrow. This game will be forgotten in a few days.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
Giving up a point to this Polish team is simply inexcusable. This should have been an wasy 3 point dub. And celebrating like youve won Canada, embarrassing all around

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I can live with losing a point, we need 3 vs France tomorrow. This game will be forgotten in a few days.
It is probably better for Latvia even with one less point, to get humbled a bit, after the high of last year. It could help them keep focus for the rest of the group stage and not take remaining opponents for granted.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Huh, this was so entertaining! Heroic effort from Poland. The point they are took may actually be extremely important for them in the group standings, as they are hoping to avoid relegation.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
If being hungover from last spring only costs us a point in the standings, it's ok. Let's hope they are now awake for the KAZ, FRA games.

Great effort for Poles. Almost a dream scenario for their elite comeback game.

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
Ok, last year also started with 0:6 against Canada, and we all remember what happened next. The problem though, losing points vs Poland can hurt much much more than against Canada.

The team was playing better and better with each period, so hopefully better games are still ahead.

Poland played really well, though you could see that they were becoming more and more tired as the game went on. Still, amazing effort!

I really hope that IIHF will not decide to look into the Abols incident...

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Well that's a backhanded compliment if I ever saw one :laugh: Most, if not all, their players would make the ECHL roster.
The ECHL is the third tier pro league in North America. It is very rare to go from ECHL to NHL, but you still have to be a pretty good player in NCAA D1 or Major Juniors to make the league.

RobRayzor

Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
They always mess up the Latvian anthem. It’s suppose to be 2 verses and then 2 chorus. Short version is 1 of each not what this weird version with incorrect notes causing confusion amongst everyone lol

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
If being hungover from last spring only costs us a point in the standings, it's ok. Let's hope they are now awake for the KAZ, FRA games.

Great effort for Poles. Almost a dream scenario for their elite comeback game.
Don't sleep on the Kazakhs, they are getting better.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
Did you even watch the game? Poland was and is no pushover. Solid team.
I did and thats the problem, just by looking at the rosters, this shouldnt have been this close. We played horribly. So many sloppy passes, so many dumb decisions, turnovers, you name it.

Reactions: Summer Rose

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
They always mess up the Latvian anthem. It’s suppose to be 2 verses and then 2 chorus. Short version is 1 of each not what this weird version with incorrect notes causing confusion amongst everyone lol
Isn't the federation that provides their own anthem?
Outstanding game. Where was Locmelis?
Disqualified with carry over from last year.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad