OT: The Avalounge: Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes (Turn and Face the Strange)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This whole McDonalds thing has really brought out the worst in the community.

I love Rick and Morty but I just completely ignore the fanbase.

The thing that completely befuddles me is that these idiots aren't even pausing to realize the show itself doesn't let Rick get away with his antics--it calls him on his bullshit, which is precisely what is drawing me to the show in the first place.

But I guess toxic fandom is just part and parcel of today's society. I mean, they exist on a show as completely innocent as Steven frickin' Universe for Christ' sake.

Imagine the world we'd be in if we were as upset about what politicians did or didn't do as these morons are about tiny plastic containers of spicy ketchup. :shakehead

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Really want to get into Rick and Morty based on what I've read but the absolutely toxic fans that show has drawn have given me pause.

It's a show with a deeply nihilistic bent and an antihero protagonist. Of course, nobody is supposed to think that Rick is somebody to be looked up to, but a certain type of edgelord internet troll are going to see him as some kind of nihilist Jesus. It doesn't surprise me that the worst people on the internet love this show, they just love it for the wrong reason.

The show is a hilarious black comedy with deep philosophical undertones. I absolutely love the fact that unlike 99% of modern comedies, the writers don't assume you're an idiot when they write the jokes. It's one of the smartest comedies I've ever seen and it gets better every rewatch. Just ignore the knuckle draggers.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I actually skipped season 6 before watching season 7 because I just couldn't wait any long to see more of Dr Will, and still have to go back to watch it, but how easily Will & Boogie made the season 6ers do exactly what they wanted during allstars makes me doubt how good any of them can actually be at this game lol. It was just too easy for Chilltown.

I've been told to watch season 4 of BB Canada because I'd like the Tim guy who got on it over Jace.

Ironically I watched a few of the old survivor seasons way back when and never watched BB until my friend put a couple of this past season's episodes on while I was at her place. I love the twist that the nominations & POV put on the voting thing. A lot more opportunity for the kind of trickery that Dan pulled through season 14 (which is my favorite so far).

Still a solid season though, hard to compete against chill town. Best alliance ever, only two people too. Though Will did most of the heavy lifting IMO.

Oh yeah! Tim's awesome, there's a lot of entertaining players on that season.

Love me some Ozzy, or Russel Hantz. Survivor 20? I think it was, the Allstar season, oh man. You gotta watch at least that one season. Yeah that Dan season, especially that moment, was amazing. It's a coin flip on who's better between Dan or Will for me. Will wins out for me just for how hilarious he was, and how he was a pioneer of how to play the game.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Thought I saw something on FB about this. What is it?

"Here’s the shortest possible version of what’s happened so far to catch you up: Rick and Morty did a gag early in season 3 that longed for the return of a short-lived McNuggets sauce that was a tie-in to the 1998 animated film Mulan. Fans then lobbied McDs for the return of said sauce. The fast-food chain announced it was going to bring the sauce back — but only in insanely limited quantities made available at a specific time last Saturday in select restaurants, causing fans who lined up to go utterly sauce-less. The small packets of the sauce were being sold on eBay for $25 or more."

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
This may sound stupid, but my life has become infinitely less complex the more connected I get. Lights, TV, Door, Speakers, Calendar, Weather, etc all at the tip of my finger or just yelling out at Siri/Alexa. I bought a smart ring which tracks all my activity and lasts for 2-3 days so I don't have to worry about charging or taking it off often, it helps me verify my sleep patterns and my resting heart rate (too much caffeine, too little water, etc). Amazon delivers the important stuff on a monthly basis via S&S (dog food, poop bags, cleaning products, etc). Alexa captures my shopping list when I run out of something by yelling it over to her. All my bills are on auto-pay to 3 cards and my business expenses are auto categorized and pulled into an expense report for submission each month.

I can spend less time doing dumb things once I set them up.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
This may sound stupid, but my life has become infinitely less complex the more connected I get. Lights, TV, Door, Speakers, Calendar, Weather, etc all at the tip of my finger or just yelling out at Siri/Alexa. I bought a smart ring which tracks all my activity and lasts for 2-3 days so I don't have to worry about charging or taking it off often, it helps me verify my sleep patterns and my resting heart rate (too much caffeine, too little water, etc). Amazon delivers the important stuff on a monthly basis via S&S (dog food, poop bags, cleaning products, etc). Alexa captures my shopping list when I run out of something by yelling it over to her. All my bills are on auto-pay to 3 cards and my business expenses are auto categorized and pulled into an expense report for submission each month.

I can spend less time doing dumb things once I set them up.

And more time doing equally dumb things on the internet.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
@The Shermanator I found a copy of Live at Park Ave. by Manchester Orchestra, who I'm going to see in twelve days, on amazon and it came today and it's sealed and has a sticker for Record Store Day 2010 on it

It also says DISC MADE IN MEXICO on the back

I wonder where they found this

Reactions: The Shermanator

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Still a solid season though, hard to compete against chill town. Best alliance ever, only two people too. Though Will did most of the heavy lifting IMO.

Oh yeah! Tim's awesome, there's a lot of entertaining players on that season.

Love me some Ozzy, or Russel Hantz. Survivor 20? I think it was, the Allstar season, oh man. You gotta watch at least that one season. Yeah that Dan season, especially that moment, was amazing. It's a coin flip on who's better between Dan or Will for me. Will wins out for me just for how hilarious he was, and how he was a pioneer of how to play the game.

I can believe it and mean to watch it, but I started at season 10 before watching season 2, 3 and then just skipping to allstars. After that I started going through 11, 12 and skipped 13 to watch more of Dan in season 14. I think I'm gunna watch 15-19 next before going back to watch the Evel Dick seasons as well as season 5 & 6.

Some of the people in those early seasons are just so damn gullible & naive that it makes me start to doubt just how good Dr Will had to be if he had the allstars wrapped around his finger by week three...granted I still can't believe that everyone just let Paul do whatever he wanted this past season before the jury robbed him, so maybe I just over-estimate the average reality tv show contestent lol.

I do wanna go watch the Russell Hantz seasons of Survivor whenever I'm done with BB, but that'll be a minute lol.

And Dan is always gunna be my boy. I watched a good chunk of this season but I randomly picked Dan's first season to be the first season that I watched from start to finish, not knowing anything about Dan or what was going to happen. Then I started to think about what I would do from Dan's position after he got screwed in week 1...and Dan kept doing exactly what I wanted to see him try, and it kept working. That's the reason why I lowkey would love to be on that show after laser eye surgery gets good enough to give me depth perception...or I can just get a camera eye.

Last edited:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Holy crap. I leave to float the Grand Canyon tomorrow. Just finished packing and it's really setting in. 17 days in the Big Ditch. !!!

Reactions: Tweaky

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
In addition to my "nobody" username idea, hopefully we see some posters make their user name after real people.

For example. If somebody posts "Avs are idiots to not trade Duchene for Chabot+Zibanejad" it would be a prime time for a poster named "Patrick Roy" to "like" that post.

Reactions: cgf

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Just wondering if anyone is going in to buy one of those sick avs hoodies? Was hoping someone will help me pick one up.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Is that the one that’s 170 bucks? I won’t be purchasing that, but I will be scooping up player tee shirts for 10 bucks a pop! Varly duchene and Landeskog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia