OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
:biglaugh:

I just saw that the filter caught the word "cum" in "Magna Cum Laude"...thinking I meant the sexual use of the word "cum"...

That's too funny.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Guys, it’s starting to hit me...

I’m f***ing graduating COLLEGE today, in about an hour and fifteen minutes. All week it just hadn’t hit me, but I just parked to get ready to check in and I’m starting to get hit with all the emotions.

I started this in August 2015 and so much has changed since then. I’ve lost 123 lbs, a relationship ended, a new one has began, and I’m just an entirely different person now.

I know I’ve pissed a lot of people off here, and I can’t say I won’t ever do it again (let’s be honest, it’s more likely that I’ll do it again than not), but know this—I love you guys. We fight, we get pissy, but we’re here for a reason.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
sounds life changing man - congrats

it sounds like you've also put so much energy into a lot of this. Celebrate and smell the roses for sure.

Reactions: MarkT

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017

I’m ****ing graduating COLLEGE today, in about an hour and fifteen minutes. All week it just hadn’t hit me, but I just parked to get ready to check in and I’m starting to get hit with all the emotions.

I started this in August 2015 and so much has changed since then. I’ve lost 123 lbs, a relationship ended, a new one has began, and I’m just an entirely different person now.

I know I’ve pissed a lot of people off here, and I can’t say I won’t ever do it again (let’s be honest, it’s more likely that I’ll do it again than not), but know this—I love you guys. We fight, we get pissy, but we’re here for a reason.

It's always great to see someone notice when they're growing as a person. Take it all in mate. It's things like this that can cause long-term positive changes in your personality, habits and just simply who you are as a person. Just a fair warning though - don't get so caught up in this period of your life that you stop developing. Remember what this feels like and keep seeking it because it's stuff like what you're going through that makes life worth living.

Also, you can never avoid pissing some people off unless you just bow to everything everyone wants and refuse to be your own person. Just don't go out of your way to do it and eat crow when necessary and you should be fine.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'm switching computers, so with the cleanup underway, I thought I'd share a few throwbacks. You'll notice that I guessed wrong on Duchene in January 2017.

3xxt2z0.jpg

The others are from 2015.

pSGfbcS.jpg

pCeUFGt.jpg

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Back from vacation down south, was a good time to say the least... Spending an entire week with family can be.. taxing on your patience :laugh: so one night while they were listening to some live band I just peaced and went around taking some photos, had a margarita or two and I ended up meeting and hanging out with the coolest girl ever and now I'm heart broken.

Okay not actually, but we totally clicked from the get-go, so it's unfortunate that there's zero chance of even a possibility of anything.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
RL, congrats man. Enjoy it. Your hard work has paid off and that is so awesome. Even just the personal growth is worth celebrating alone, adding the college degree makes it something you should be very proud of.

Just got home from a quick trip home for my sisters college graduation so I'm feeling nostalgic for that time a bit. She had quite the journey to get to this point too. It was wonderful to see her get to this point.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I love Tokyo. I don't even speak Japanese but I got three numbers from pretty cute girls. My buddy who is Japanese said he was impressed I got one, then I had to tell him I got all 3 I talked to.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I’ll bet if one of us was to meet him, he’d walk up and there’d be some catchy song playing.
I'm getting sitcom vibes.

We'd go to another room or change the subject and you'd hear a short bass pattern.

Also, every time he scores it happens through a quick cut straight from the bar to afterwards, where he and the woman lay next to each other staring at the ceiling under a duvet. Optional is him poking his head from under the duvet.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Love you guys, hahaha. I'm not even close to Joey, just learned what makes me valuable with women and I'm confident about it. I was helping one of those girls learn French kissing last night and how to billygoat the goatee. Look up billygoat ripd on YouTube if you don't know what that is.

Last night one of them messaged me in their best broken English possible, 'Thank you very much today, I could spend fun time today, I'd like to meet you'

-Rom com male lead

Someone coined that earlier so I adopted it. Better to embrace than run from it!

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

I’m ****ing graduating COLLEGE today, in about an hour and fifteen minutes. All week it just hadn’t hit me, but I just parked to get ready to check in and I’m starting to get hit with all the emotions.

Don’t know what you’re talking about. Over the past 15 years, I don’t remember anything but kumbaya chats with you. Not one exception. ;)

Congrats on your graduation, my friend.

Reactions: RockLobster

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Don’t know what you’re talking about. Over the past 15 years, I don’t remember anything but kumbaya chats with you. Not one exception. ;)

Congrats on your graduation, my friend.

:biglaugh:

What can I say, apparently it’s a gift? Even in my somewhat more mellowed out “The Dude” state I still slip in to that mindset from my past.

But damn man...15 years, that really is how long it’s been. It’s insane to think about how much you & I have been through in that time period man.

Thank you for the words, AB. Around these parts there’s few people that have been on our board as long as you and I, and I’m lucky to consider you a friend.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
15 years? You guys are ****ing old.

Yeah. Just wait until someone says that to you. It'll be thrilling.

My 'you're old' moment was last year when the girl I was training didn't know the screen you get when you win a solitaire game on a windows computer and said that must be an old joke.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yeah. Just wait until someone says that to you. It'll be thrilling.

My 'you're old' moment was last year when the girl I was training didn't know the screen you get when you win a solitaire game on a windows computer and said that must be an old joke.

I'm already an old man at heart so it'll be a smooth transition :laugh:

And yeah I have no idea what that is either. My 'you're old' moment was when I asked my middle school cousin who Jake Paul is and he was flabbergasted.

Reactions: Lonewolfe2015

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
That's actually crazy to think you guys have been posting since 17 years old to 32. Especially in internet terms.

Some of us grew up in the online age. I feel like it would be a good book one day. I was 11 when I started in online chatrooms. My digital wake will be scary when it's uncovered some day. Plus all the shady IRC and AIM chats. I have half my IRC stuff saved from 17-20 years old, it's crazy to reread it.

Early days of Webcams and yahoo sessions. It's a wonder I never ran across anything that truly scarred me. Or maybe it did.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I started out on a heavy metal message board way back in... 1999 I want to say, 14 years old. Was real active there for about 5 years, then drifted away, played WoW for a bit, then ended up here once I got back into hockey. The amount of time I've spent on the internet in my life is probably truly scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad