Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread | Schultz, Murray Practice with Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
So you seriously think that's how it works. :biglaugh: Go you.
All of the Jimmy defenders praise him because he doesn’t care about winning trades and he will overpay if he feels his team will be better. He’s super aggressive! Blah blah blah.

Then this summer happened in which he was so friggin conservative and passive.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
All of the Jimmy defenders praise him because he doesn’t care about winning trades and he will overpay if he feels his team will be better. He’s supper aggressive! Blah blah blah.

You totally have your finger on the pulse of how the NHL works. I must say.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
All of the Jimmy defenders praise him because he doesn’t care about winning trades and he will overpay if he feels his team will be better. He’s super aggressive! Blah blah blah.

Martin Hanzal!

1... 2... 3!

Three points!

If only JR listened to the wisdom of some on here this summer.

Coulda had that beast for the paltry sum of 4.75m.

Reactions: StaalForOne

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Martin Hanzal!

1... 2... 3!

Three points!

If only JR listened to the wisdom of some on here this summer.

Coulda had that beast for the paltry sum of 4.75m.

I don't remember anyone here clamouring for an injury prone, slow and declining Martin Hanzal. Infact, most here said to stay away.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I don't remember anyone here clamouring for an injury prone, slow and declining Martin Hanzal. Infact, most here said to stay away.
Nah, I did say we should have signed him after Bones left. I fully admit to that. Though I think I only said it once or twice.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Jarry will be fine. Backups occasionally have to play a string of games, you don't have to go out and get another goalie every time your starter gets injured.

2-4 weeks sounds like a sprain of some kind rather than anything serious. Good to hear.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

I didn't realize that attempting to trade for Matt Duchene was passive and conservative. That is why he didn't sign Bones (that and the fact that we should never have been the team to give Bones his raise) and that is why he didn't sign Hanzal or anyone else. He wanted the big fish. That clearly backfired but I don't call that being passive or conservative

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Pens X is probably that guy who switches all teams to Human-control in NHL18 after the CPU GM won't trade him the players he wants.

Dude, just put him and the other two special kids on ignore. It's quite a pleasant place if you do. I've been stooge free for almost a week now. I've lost 5lbs, gained lean muscle, and have seen real hair growth. I am pleased with the results and you could be too!

Holy ****, Brian ****ing Gibbons has more goals than sid?? :help:

I watch Will Butcher when I can because I have a semi-connection to him through a round about way but Gibbons has a little mojo this year. Course every year you get an anomaly like this. I say he's the Paul Byron of this year. Used to love the PK combo of Goc+Gibbons.

Jarry will be fine. Backups occasionally have to play a string of games, you don't have to go out and get another goalie every time your starter gets injured.

2-4 weeks sounds like a sprain of some kind rather than anything serious. Good to hear.

Agreed. Stick with Jarry and Desmith unless Murray's recovery has a set back. In the meantime, if you can pick up a goalie in the Cole deal, do it.

Reactions: ColePens

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Dude, just put him and the other two special kids on ignore. It's quite a pleasant place if you do. I've been stooge free for almost a week now. I've lost 5lbs, gained lean muscle, and have seen real hair growth. I am pleased with the results and you could be too!

I watch Will Butcher when I can because I have a semi-connection to him through a round about way but Gibbons has a little mojo this year. Course every year you get an anomaly like this. I say he's the Paul Byron of this year. Used to love the PK combo of Goc+Gibbons.

Agreed. Stick with Jarry and Desmith unless Murray's recovery has a set back. In the meantime, if you can pick up a goalie in the Cole deal, do it.
pick one off the scrap heap...no need to lose anything of value.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
pick one off the scrap heap...no need to lose anything of value.

Depends. If you get a scrap heap guy it best be a guy that you will ditch once Murray is back. In that case, best not lose anything of value. However, if you can spend a tad more and get a guy like Pickard who can be fitted into the equation even with Murray's return, that is preferred.

Think about playoff time. I'd rather role with Pickard than Jarry if Murray went down.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I liked Hanzal.
Problem was the bidding war in FA'y.
I'd be fine with him for under 4M on this team.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Home and Home against a struggling Buffalo. We better pick up 4 points. Standings are still a war zone.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I don't see any reason to make a desperate move for 2-4 week injury. Ride Jarry. See what we've got first.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I don't see any reason to make a desperate move for 2-4 week injury. Ride Jarry. See what we've got first.
Yes.
This Home and Home against sabres this weekend are the only b2b we have all december. So if Jarry plays well we wont need to use our backup much - if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad