GDT: The 2024 World Junior Championship Thread || Gothenburg, Sweden || Dec 26th - Jan 5th

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
We have needed Gavin Brindley for a few seasons now. That's the type of player that will help round out the forward group
Hopefully the center group as well. Based on what I've seen in USA games, defensive, transition and playmaking tools seem sufficient for the role.

joybang

Apr 5, 2021
Mateychuk left injured? Feed switched over right at the end of them saying he wasn’t on the bench.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The whole Canadian team looks off minus the bottom line playing simple hockey. Sweden's good stick work and positioning is really throwing the Canadians off and noone is really standing out in a positive way. Dumais made a couple nice passes but is also looking to move it as soon as he gets it. Hopefully they change some lines up, Dumais looked better with Celebrini-Rehkopf last game in a short time together

Reactions: Seedtype

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Dumais almost looked like Bemstrom out there, the puck was a grenade on his stick. Made a few nice passes but made 0 plays holding onto the puck

Reactions: Cowumbus

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Who are some nhl comps for him?
i've seen chandler stephenson's name thrown around a bunch, not sure how close that is though.

i'm reluctant to throw a danforth "jack of all trades" label on brindley because i think that's a huge disservice to brindley. he's capable of playing a lot of different roles, but he has enough skill/offensive talent to go along with the skating and compete level that he could become a legit plus top-six player at the next level.

the most ambitious comp for him is probably something like nick suzuki.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
From just watching the third and tail end of the second, I wouldn't guess that Dumais had a bad game. He was fine at the end. One of a few players on the team that can make a high danger set up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad