GDT: The 2024 World Junior Championship Thread || Gothenburg, Sweden || Dec 26th - Jan 5th

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Keskinen had a decent game. He definitely plays a pro style game. If he can get his agility up a bit he definitely could be a good 3rd line player one day.
Encouraging to hear, I didn't see the game. Against Canada he showed glimpses of high offensive IQ but he looked much less dynamic than I would expect from a relatively productive pro league player. I thought he wasn't very engaged without the puck.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Points arent there yet but Dumais has been a puck theif, his IQ is quite visible. I wish Dumais-Geekie had a better 3rd player on that line, Minten has been horrible
He's creating something in every shift, really sharp decision-making.

Mateychuk has struggled a bit in d zone retrievals, kind of surprising considering that they're playing on bigger ice which allows him more time and space to skate pucks out of trouble.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
He's creating something in every shift.

Mateychuk has struggled a bit in d zone retrievals, kind of surprising considering that they're playing on bigger ice which allows him more time and space to skate pucks out of trouble.
Yeah he and Lamereaux are working fairly well together for how little time theyve been together but still some chemistry needs to build and that will probably help. Last game they had a different approach so im not sure what changed but once he does have room hes skated it out a few times. Certainly room for many Canadians to improve including Mateychuk which is normal in early tournament play. I wonder if any of these guys have played on the big ice or with the low glass before, must feel strange for a defenseman especially

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I was hoping for more of a "coming out party" for Dumais that you only get with a lot of points.

But more importantly he is showing some pro tools that are really encouraging. The kid wins his battles. Puck thief for sure.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Insane vision and pass by Dumais to Furlong who set Minten up for a tap in... except it wasnt apparently :laugh:. Yet again should have been an easy assist

Reactions: majormajor

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I was hoping for more of a "coming out party" for Dumais that you only get with a lot of points.

But more importantly he is showing some pro tools that are really encouraging. The kid wins his battles. Puck thief for sure.
His passing in tight areas is NHL caliber I think.

Insane vision and pass by Dumais to Furlong who set Minten up for a tap in... except it wasnt apparently :laugh:. Yet again should have been an easy assist
Yeah that pass was gross.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Outside of Celebrini, I think Mateychuk has a good case for Canada’s best player in this game.
I just wish he was showing a bit more aggression, he could definitely go for a skate today if he wanted but hes certainly been good. Has he taken a shot at the net today though? Good facilitator but hasnt looked to shoot, may have to change that against top teams to not be predictable

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
There is a Dumais point finally after creating a turnover. Dumais-Celebrini-Rehkopf would be great if it actually stuck but just seems like they are cycling everyone now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad