GDT: The 2024 World Junior Championship Thread || Gothenburg, Sweden || Dec 26th - Jan 5th

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
If the Jackets are bottom 5 come Christmas, is there any chance you’d loan Fantilli to team Canada?
If there's any risk it would diminish the chances of Dumais earning a roster spot and/or getting more ice time, the answer is obviously no. And irrespective of that it would probably be a no from me anyway. Fantilli has shown he belongs in the NHL so I would let him build chemistry with other future core players in Columbus.

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
He already has his gold medal and is clearly advanced enough by junior standards. This isn’t a Jiricek situation of last year. Fantilli is one of our best players. I can’t find a reason to send him back, other than if you’re doing it for tanking reasons.
He's a star and potential legend. Future 1st line center and dude wants him to play exhibition games. And if he blows a knee out or other serious injury, would it be worth it. NO!

I'm pretty sure Canada can find enough CHL players to play. Considering there's an east, west, black, and white teams.

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
He's a star and potential legend. Future 1st line center and dude wants him to play exhibition games. And if he blows a knee out or other serious injury, would it be worth it. NO!

I'm pretty sure Canada can find enough CHL players to play. Considering there's an east, west, black, and white teams.
Could you imagine the bleach blowback if he got hurt and it cost him not only the rest of the season but the offseason as well??

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
Could you imagine the bleach blowback if he got hurt and it cost him not only the rest of the season but the offseason as well??
They'd have to close the CBJ forum because this place would go off. Me included. Professional players have no business playing exhibition games. Preseason... Yes. Exhibition...N0!

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus

“Dude” is not a star yet. Maybe Kentucky you don’t get it on tv, but the world juniors are definitely not exibition games. It’s an honor to play for your country.

Lindholm went back to the WJC after a good start in the NHL. Worked out okay for him.

There is value in leading a team. Also probably value in being away from a losing culture. Again, this was posed in a scenario where the CBJ are very low in the standings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
“Dude” is not a star yet. Maybe Kentucky you don’t get it on tv, but the world juniors are definitely not exibition games.

Lindholm went back to the WJC after a good start in the NHL. Worked out okay for him.

There is value in leading a team. And being away from a losing culture.
Good. Let him play. If he gets hurt, I don't wanna hear a peep from any of ya.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
“Dude” is not a star yet. Maybe Kentucky you don’t get it on tv, but the world juniors are definitely not exibition games. It’s an honor to play for your country.

There is value in leading a team. Also probably value in being away from a losing culture. Again, this was posed in a scenario where the CBJ are very low in the standings.
Jarmo isn't going to give a shit about the honor it brings, he's not the type that's going to let a core player leave in the middle of the season to go put his body on the line. If it was KJ or Jiricek.... Maybeeeeee, but there's absolutely no chance he's going to let a leading scorer leave for two weeks...

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Jarmo isn't going to give a shit about the honor it brings, he's not the type that's going to let a core player leave in the middle of the season to go put his body on the line. If it was KJ or Jiricek.... Maybeeeeee, but there's absolutely no chance he's going to let a leading scorer leave for two weeks...
Even on a very bad team? We value development right?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Even on a very bad team? We value development right?
He's still losing time playing in the NHL, where he'll learn far more than two weeks away from his team.

What does a grown man who has already proven he's more than capable of not just playing in the NHL but producing in a top 6 capacity have to gain from going and playing against a bunch of kids who are WAY behind him development wise.

And once again if he gets hurt and loses his offseason, it's going to hurt his development WAY more and for a pointless reason..

Its one thing for a guy like LDBB to potentially go play against jr's, it's another entirely for someone like Fantilli...

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
What does a grown man who has already proven he's more than capable of not just playing in the NHL but producing in a top 6 capacity have to gain from going and playing against a bunch of kids who are WAY behind him development wise.
There are many who are close if not ahead development wise. I’d expect Wright, Slaf, Nemec, Gauthier all to play.
He's still losing time playing in the NHL, where he'll learn far more than two weeks away from his team.
You sure you want him learning from this team? He would be missing at max, 5 NHL games.
Confidence in his abilities. Winning something, or having something go good in a terrible season. Fantilli can miss 2 weeks and be fine, call up KJ in his place.
And once again if he gets hurt and loses his offseason, it's going to hurt his development WAY more and for a pointless reason..
If he gets hurt while on the Jackets that makes it better?
Its one thing for a guy like LDBB to potentially go play against jr's, it's another entirely for someone like Fantilli...
Fantilli is the only one eligible. He was one of the youngest players there last year.

I don’t get why people would want to keep him around this tire fire!

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
There are many who are close if not ahead development wise. I’d expect Wright, Slaf, Nemec, Gauthier all to play.

You sure you want him learning from this team? He would be missing at max, 5 NHL games.

Confidence in his abilities. Winning something, or having something go good in a terrible season. Fantilli can miss 2 weeks and be fine, call up KJ in his place.

If he gets hurt while on the Jackets that makes it better?

Fantilli is the only one eligible. He was one of the youngest players there last year.

I don’t get why people would want to keep him around this tire fire!
There's a reason top talent doesn't go to these games anymore. I don't think the USA or Canada has sent a true best lineup in years. And I don't see Fantilli going from the men's tourny down to the Jr tourny...

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
1700567709803.png

Both Pronman and Wheeler have Mateychuk, Dumais, Brindley and Keskinen on their respective countries' projected rosters.

Mateychuk 1LD
Dumais 2RW
Brindley 2RW (Pronman) / 3RW (Wheeler)
Keskinen 2C (Wheeler) / 3C (Pronman)

Reactions: Cowumbus

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Pre-Tourney / Tune Up games listed:

12/19
10:30am Sweden vs Swiss
2:30pm Finland vs Slovakia
3:00pm Latvia vs Czechia
3:00pm Germany vs Norway
3:30pm Canada vs Denmark u25
12/21
2:00pm Sweden vs USA
2:30pm Finland vs Czechia
3:00pm Latvia vs Norway
12/22
9:00am Canada vs Swiss
3:00pm Germany vs Slovakia
12/23
12:00pm Canada vs USA

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
What is the confidence level of Brindley and Whitelaw to make USA? I assume the Finnish kid, Mateychuk, and Dumais are locks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad