The 2024 TRADE DEADLINE Thread

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
He said that Detroit has shown interest in him as well would want to extend him. With the teams interested Detroit definitely has the best assets to get him. He has to come with an extension

Kinda sounds like it's gonna be Tampa unless they can't work something out. And I can see that getting down to the wire of Hanifin is dead set on Tampa and makes it clear to any other team that he's not signing. Which would kill a deal with Yzerman.

Tampa's futures are shit though. Pretty much Isaac Howard and a bunch of nothing, so unless they include somebody like Cernak or Cirelli... And I can't imagine why they would.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I'm at work and can't view Twatter... Anything to Pagnotta supposedly saying Detroit was still in on Hanifin?

Hanifin has been said to want Florida, Boston, NY and a couple other US cities, Detroit was nowhere on any list I have seen.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Hanifin has been said to want Florida, Boston, NY and a couple other US cities, Detroit was nowhere on any list I have seen.
Same. I don't think he's interested in us.

Which is OK. We're not really needing to upgrade the left side from outside sources.

Reactions: SantosHalper

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Don’t underestimate what a phone call from yzerman can do. You hear it from a lot of guys that choose to come to Detroit. Team is better now as well

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Don’t underestimate what a phone call from yzerman can do. You hear it from a lot of guys that choose to come to Detroit. Team is better now as well

His specific selections seem to have a lot less to do with team and a lot more to do with location lol.

Reactions: David D

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
TLJ.jpg

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Not very interested in any of the major pieces this deadline if I’m being perfectly honest. Unless Steve pulls a massive trade out of no where, I’m fine with just small moves and creating space for Edvinsson.

Same, I wouldn't be upset if we made no major addition.

Would also be very happy to see Fabbri and Ghost moved...

Reactions: David D

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Agreed, I think it's important to find a rock steady #2 RD that can give him the best chance to play those hard minutes. I know a lot of people see bringing in another defender as a detriment to Edvinsson's ice time, but I feel it's a bit of the opposite.

Parayko would be a good Ryan McKdowhatever to the Wings.

Only thing about this move is price would probably be better over the summer to be made then. Wouldn't be surprised if Stevie stands pat outside of a good 4th line pk'ing center Ala LFG this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Agreed, I think it's important to find a rock steady #2 RD that can give him the best chance to play those hard minutes. I know a lot of people see bringing in another defender as a detriment to Edvinsson's ice time, but I feel it's a bit of the opposite.
Andersson. But the price would probably be way higher than Parayko.

Reactions: odin1981

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
What would it take to get Saros from Nashville? Signed for 2 more years at 5 but wants a raise. Bring him him to work with Lyon and 2 years Cossa should be up or even Augustine and flip Saros again.

Saros
Buch
Parayko
Edvinsson in

Trade off Husso and some of our Dmen

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
What would it take to get Saros from Nashville? Signed for 2 more years at 5 but wants a raise. Bring him him to work with Lyon and 2 years Cossa should be up or even Augustine and flip Saros again.

Saros
Buch
Parayko
Edvinsson in

Trade off Husso and some of our Dmen

You're adding a $5M contract, $5.8M contract, and a $6.5M contract to a team that currently has $27M next year to sign guys like Seider, Raymond, and Kane....

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
perron and kane actually made that pretty prevalent when the question came up as "why detroit".

Perron said he heard yzerman's voice and immediately sat up straighter and kane has always had deep respect for yzerman, so hearing his voice was like a reassurance type thing.

It's amazing what voices can do to the other side of the phone. When I hear my grandpa, I immediately get happier and calmer. When I hear my mom, I want to go jump off the third floor...just enough that it hurts but not kill me you know?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
TSN is saying that a Guentzel trade is approaching imminent. This could be a very fun next 48 hours.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
You're adding a $5M contract, $5.8M contract, and a $6.5M contract to a team that currently has $27M next year to sign guys like Seider, Raymond, and Kane....
Gotta be some contracts shed of course. Husso and Ghost for starters, Holl

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Honestly, an amazing deadline at this point (with all the news about certain players) would be parayko and henrique or one of them. Henrique honestly intrigues me the most because he can play center pretty well and can put up a decent amount of points. Couple that with probably playing on the wing of larkin, or centering the second line and moving compher up with larkin, then we could see very very good depth that we already have. If he plays third line (very possible) then our center depth would be pretty damn good...

larkin - compher - henrique - copp - ras - fabbri

I always loved yzerman's approach and wonder if more teams are doing this or are going to do it: get centers that can play wing, not wingers that can play center, and your team will have just massive two-way players up and down the lineup. Just makes sense.

I hate parayko's contract but he does have a pretty hard shot and can be a stable defensive d-man that can pack a punch with some hits.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I worked through some of the math last night (in this or another thread) and we can add like 10 million in salary and be ok, but even that would require some compromises.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007

Good, no interest in Henrique or Wennberg.

*sees ghost of Ken Holland*

*faints*
You hear a kicking noise outside of your house. You look out the window and see Ken Holland crouched next to your car, kicking the tires. You pound at the window and shout for Ken Holland to get away from your car. He hisses at you and runs away on all fours.

But you know he'll be back. He always comes back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad