The 2024 TRADE DEADLINE Thread

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
Dave Pagnotta (very inconsistent source)

Several teams have poked around on Hanifin, including the Florida Panthers, Vegas Golden Knights, Boston Bruins and Detroit Red Wings, and the longer this goes without a trade to Tampa, the more the competition will to pry him away.

Both Florida and Detroit seem open to contract extensions, as well. I wonder about Lundell here, too, while I am not sure what package the Red Wings could piece together, though Jonatan Berggren is a player the Flames like – but it would take quite a bit more.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I have come around. If the price is in the realm of reasonable Stevie should help the team. Did not sign Kane to fizzle out and Larkin should make us look long and hard what we got down the middle. Hardly anyone on the list blows me away. C and RHD are the most pressing holes. So Henrique, Wennberg, Dumba, Walker. Holl doesn't have to be moved now. That's prob better during the summer cuz he would diminish any return significantly. And we don't need the cap space yet.

I hope Stevie has something unforeseen up his sleeve. He has proven time and again that he can create a market for himself.
I think henrique could be a great add tbh

I want Gudas with a 50% retention
and I want salma hayek to give any kind of attention towards me for 5 minutes.

We all want things

• Haha
Reactions: PelagicJoe
I think henrique could be a great add tbh

and I want salma hayek to give any kind of attention towards me for 5 minutes.

We all want things

I'd prefer this to Gudas.
ss2888041_-_photograph_of_salma_hayek_as_santanico_pandemonium_from_from_dusk_till_dawn_availa...jpg

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Why are you bringin prospects into convo??? I have no interest in dealing them,..well Berggren maybe, but that is not my point.^^ Try this: Would you trade Noah Dower Nilsson and Cross Hanas for a significant better chance of making the playoffs this year?
I couldn’t care less about either of those prospects and based on the 90% chance we make the playoffs I don’t think we should be moving anything just to make the playoffs. If we can get someone that isn’t a rental that can be a part of the rebuild for 5+ years at a good cap hit? Absolutely do it.

Nick Seeler was just put on IR. Pretty big piece potentially off the board.
What? He’s a third pairing defenseman. Not a “pretty big piece”.

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
I couldn’t care less about either of those prospects and based on the 90% chance we make the playoffs I don’t think we should be moving anything just to make the playoffs. If we can get someone that isn’t a rental that can be a part of the rebuild for 5+ years at a good cap hit? Absolutely do it.

What? He’s a third pairing defenseman. Not a “pretty big piece”.

have you seen the available D at the deadline? I mean we are talking like Matt Dumba is a thing because of scarcity.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
have you seen the available D at the deadline? I mean we are talking like Matt Dumba is a thing because of scarcity.
Why are we looking to add a D? We should be selling one of ours to make room for Edvinsson this year and Albert Johansson next year.

Reactions: ShakenNotStirred

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I'm at work and can't view Twatter... Anything to Pagnotta supposedly saying Detroit was still in on Hanifin?

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I'm at work and can't view Twatter... Anything to Pagnotta supposedly saying Detroit was still in on Hanifin?
He said that Detroit has shown interest in him as well would want to extend him. With the teams interested Detroit definitely has the best assets to get him. He has to come with an extension

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
No where near the same situation but go off
While the caliber of players is very different the circumstances aren't.

Teams don't trade their locked up stars if they don't have to. Asking for Tkachuk or Andersson is like another team asking Detroit for Raymond or Seider.

Reactions: 14ari13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad