Prospect Info: The 2024 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Which player are you most looking forward to?

• Cole Hutson, LD [USNTDP, USHL]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Artyom Levshunov, RD [Michigan State Spartans, NCAA]

• Zayne Parekh, RD [Saginaw Spirit, OHL]

• Total voters

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
@henchman21 or does somebody else have any thoughts on Luken Huff as a potential late-ish round pick?

You’ll find his stuff under Hawke Huff.

He’s a throwback style defenseman. Big, mean, blocks shots, etc. He’s a really good skater for his size and for the growth spurts he’s had. As with most Minnesota products, he hasn’t played full time at his position long. Only been a defenseman full time for 2 maybe 3 seasons. So some raw qualities to his game when it comes to reads, especially with the puck. Not sure there is a whole lot of puck talent to his game, but that could also just be him being new to playing the position.

I personally don’t see him as a NHL talent. Probably tops out as a good college player and below average AHL guy. Probably worth a late round flyer, but I’d probably wait to see what he does in the NAHL next year (though I’d think a USHL spot will come his way this summer).

Reactions: S E P H

LTCPain75

Jul 12, 2022
A Bleacher Nation NHL mock draft has the Avalanche selecting this guy at #25:

25. Colorado Avalanche — Michael Hage, C​

6-1, 190
DOB:
April 14, 2006
Shoots: Right
2023-24 Team: Chicago Steel (USHL)

Hage, a Michigan commit, would be an ideal player if he’s available when Colorado is on the clock. They’ve been searching for a middle-six center — second-line, specifically — and Hage could easily be that guy in a couple years.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

6-1, 190
DOB:
April 14, 2006

Hage, a Michigan commit, would be an ideal player if he’s available when Colorado is on the clock. They’ve been searching for a middle-six center — second-line, specifically — and Hage could easily be that guy in a couple years.
I really doubt he is still on the board at 32.......

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

6-1, 190
DOB:
April 14, 2006

My god...this guy knows we are dying for a 2C but then says we should draft a dude who could become one in the next couple of years as if we had all the time in the world and the window wasn't actually closing a little every year.

best.player.available.

All day, every day, all the time.

Reactions: Bowe Byrum

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
My god...this guy knows we are dying for a 2C but then says we should draft a dude who could become one in the next couple of years as if we had all the time in the world and the window wasn't actually closing a little every year.

best.player.available.

All day, every day, all the time.
and he won't be best player available

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
@henchman21 @S E P H @95snipes

I'm not sure how much you guys are able to watch college hockey (especially Michigan Tech) but I caught a game this weekend and there was a freshman Isaac Gordon on Michigan Tech who caught my eye looked really good, wondering if you guys had thoughts on him!

Talked with a few of the staff from Tech after and they are extremely high in him (obviously)

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Out of the teams that could win 1st overall, who didn't need it. I just ran one tankathon lottery and Jersey got celebrini

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019

I'm not sure how much you guys are able to watch college hockey (especially Michigan Tech) but I caught a game this weekend and there was a freshman Isaac Gordon on Michigan Tech who caught my eye looked really good, wondering if you guys had thoughts on him!

Talked with a few of the staff from Tech after and they are extremely high in him (obviously)
I watch college hockey, but mostly B1G, NCHC, and Hockey East. I saw Gordon at the GLI from earlier this year. Good college player. Had skill, nice shot and good at finding scoring areas. Not sure he's a good enough skater if we are talking potential NHLer. That was just my impression of him from one weekend.

Reactions: BaconNater

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

He's a mid to late round sort of guy. I'm not sure he's actually his listed size... more like 5'10" 185. He's also a wonky skater for that size. When that short of player exists... I'd want either a guy who works his tail off and plays physical that projects to a bottom line PK type and lives in dirty areas. Or a guy with absurd skill who can overcome the skating and size to be a guy to create from the wing. I don't really see either. Not a guy who screams he's a worker or got a huge amount of tenacity. He's not a Gallagher type. He leans to the skill side, but I don't see enough plus talent to be a top 6 guy in the NHL. Bobby Brink fits this mold where he's a rather poor skater but tons of skill to overcome it where he has a shot to be a 2nd liner. Or a Cam Atkinson type. I don't see that level in Gordon. He's skilled for a college player to the point where on a rather talent weak team he can be a top guy. I don't think he'd be that type even on a team like DU, let along AHL or NHL. There is some talent there and I rather like his IQ, but he screams AHL 2nd liner to me. A 6th/7th round pick you take a chance that he breaks out with experience against better comp since his unconventional route may have held him back.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
One of the college lads I am looking at is Burnside from Ohio State. Not for this season, but for a potential FA signing next.

He's a bit like Pavel, but with more offence in his game and is a great skater. He is also a prime PKer and has an agitator side to this game as well, reminds me a lot of TJ Galiardi.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Excited to watch the college hockey tournament. I'm glad that Michigan Tech made the tournament but of course we get to play the BC powerhouse!

Everyone picking BC to win it all so I picked Denver in my bracket

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Excited to watch the college hockey tournament. I'm glad that Michigan Tech made the tournament but of course we get to play the BC powerhouse!

Everyone picking BC to win it all so I picked Denver in my bracket
As long as North Dakota nor Minny wins it.

Puck drop for DU versus ZooMass.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think Michigan State is the best team in the tournament, but they also got a hell of a bracket to get through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad