Prospect Info: The 2024 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Which player are you most looking forward to?

• Cole Hutson, LD [USNTDP, USHL]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Artyom Levshunov, RD [Michigan State Spartans, NCAA]

• Zayne Parekh, RD [Saginaw Spirit, OHL]

• Total voters

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Las Vegas Sphere, Las Vegas, NV
The Draft will be held on June 28th and 29th, 2024

Rankings
Bob McKenzie's Preliminary: Macklin Celebrini leads 'Big Three' atop Bob McKenzie's TSN pre-season NHL draft ranking | TSN
Bob McKenzie's Midseason: Macklin Celebrini the unanimous No. 1 prospect in Bob McKenzie's mid-season draft ranking | TSN
Bob McKenzie's Final: N/A

Database of Players

Last edited:
Reactions: Balthazar

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I like this draft and even though it isn't 2015 or 2023, it is still a solid year with a very good top 15 as of now. Very good draft for Finland, Russia again, Defencemen in general, and OHL. Bad draft for Sweden, USHL, and LHJMQ.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I like this draft and even though it isn't 2015 or 2023, it is still a solid year with a very good top 15 as of now. Very good draft for Finland, Russia again, Defencemen in general, and OHL. Bad draft for Sweden, USHL, and LHJMQ.

I highly disagree on the USHL part... should be a banner draft for them. The USNDTP should have at least 4 1st round picks, but I could see 7 guys get pulled from that team alone in the first. I think 12 will ultimately get picked. There are 4 or 5 other USHL guys who have a 1st round shot IMO and that doesn't include Celebrini and Levshunov. Beyond them, I could see 25-30 non USNDTP USHL selections in this draft... and they'll end up with 55-65 guys with connections (including guys who went USHL and are drafted out of college like Celebrini).

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Through ~2.5 Torpedo games... Atanasov is a major flash guy. I don't know if he finally got some bulk on his frame or not, but he's taken big steps two years in a row. Definitely an overager to keep an eye on. He's been the best player on the ice in each game.

Silayev is a likely first rounder too. Huge and skates pretty well with good puck skills.

Last edited:

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
Through ~2.5 Torpedo games... Atanasov is a major flash guy. I don't know if he finally got some bulk on his frame or not, but he's taken big steps two years in a row. Definitely an overager to keep an eye on. He's been the best player on the ice in each game.

Silayev is a likely first rounder too. Huge and skates pretty well with good puck skills.
Atanasov looks really talented but yeah 146 lbs ? Hope he put in 40.lbs lol

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Atanasov looks really talented but yeah 146 lbs ? Hope he put in 40.lbs lol
The two main reasons he hasn’t been drafted yet are size and substance. On the size, he’s still small… I don’t know if he’s much above 160-170, but he doesn’t look like 146 to me. At his size he gets injured a decent amount. West and tear sort of concerns. The substance is that he has always flashed. There have always been moments where he looks amazing… just nothing followed production wise and no consistency. Last year he looked a lot better and was showing more consistency outside of his injury. It is very early with only 3 games, but this is the most consistently impactful that I have seen him and the way he’s piling up points is impressive. Some big time plays in there.

Reactions: Bowe Byrum

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
These are the players I like early on-

I think Demidov is the most talented player in the draft. Pencil him in for 80+ points a year through his prime.

Eiserman is one of the better goal scoring prospects to come around over the past decade. Spoiled a bit on his game at the u18, but he is still very good. I've said it before, but he's going to shatter Caufield's goal record.

Levshunov is one of the most intriguing defense prospects I can remember. High end puck skills, but engagement can be an issue and defensive game needs work. I haven't seen a ton of him at this point.

I think Catton is in the same mold as guys like Barzal or Avalanche era Duchene. Could be your 1C, but ideally your 2C on a top contender.

Extremely impressed with Connelly at the Hlinka Gretzky. Very high skill level.

I think Ryder Ritchie will be a top six forward. Perennial 30 goal scorer type.

Cole Hutson is a high end puck mover. Interested to see where he goes. A little bigger than Lane, but decently similar.

Boisvert could be a big time riser. Big, skilled, smooth center. Reminds me a little bit of Lundell.

I like Parekh and think he can run an NHL power play. High upside as an offensive defenseman.

Hemming has the potential to be an absolute force. NHL frame with a high end shot and skill. Hockey sense can be questionable.

Beaudoin is projectable. Question is what the offensive ceiling is.

Big fan of Ondrej Kos. Everything is there to be a solid middle six type.

I like Lucas Petterson's two way upside.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
To be fair, a LOT of people were way off on Lafreniere.
I had Lafreniere 1st on my ranking, but I admit I had a lot of concerns about his lack of just everything (didn't really sparkle on the eye test even if he finished the game with 3 points). He's still an NHL player, but he should've moved to the Suisse league when he was already posting 100 points in the LHJMQ for back-to-back seasons. More players should follow the Matthews route when they are clearly too good for the NA junior system and are not developing.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
By the end of the year, there were some questioning Lafs at top. Detroit was prepared to draft Stutzle #1. But overall, yeah he was the guy. One thing that people should always be a bit wary of is a player who develops their full man body at young ages and use that to dominate more than legit skill. That was Lafs to a tee. He also hasn't shown much IQ at the highest level. Busts happen, simple as that. I do think Lafs can be a 2nd line player in time. It won't be in New York though.

Reactions: S E P H

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
By the end of the year, there were some questioning Lafs at top. Detroit was prepared to draft Stutzle #1. But overall, yeah he was the guy. One thing that people should always be a bit wary of is a player who develops their full man body at young ages and use that to dominate more than legit skill. That was Lafs to a tee. He also hasn't shown much IQ at the highest level. Busts happen, simple as that. I do think Lafs can be a 2nd line player in time. It won't be in New York though.

EJ, and Staal (the Pit one) were not enough clearly lol. Ekblad is good, but I'd throw him in that group as well.

I remember that knock was talked about with Landeskog though. Some people wanted Hubbydoe instead.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
EJ, and Staal (the Pit one) were not enough clearly lol. Ekblad is good, but I'd throw him in that group as well.

I remember that knock was talked about with Landeskog though. Some people wanted Hubbydoe instead.
Yeah Landy had that knock too. I’ve always thought he was underrated skill wise though.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah Landy had that knock too. I’ve always thought he was underrated skill wise though.

Landy's puck skill in tight, and while skating and being pressured is a thing to behold, his wrist shot, I don't even know how to describe.. It's like heavy, but slow. I'll always have images of him ripping slap shots way closer than normal when he's in alone when he was younger.

He's got the puck on a string sometimes, and that's pretty rare for a power forward. I remember when he first went to the Allstar game. I think they had him doing some stick handling stuff if I remember right.

Talk about opposites with him and the way RNH turned out. Never have I ever regretted that pick lol.

Reactions: henchman21

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I just saw Byron Ritchie's kid is in the draft. The guy who played in the NHL in like 2007. Nope, don't like that.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Avs prospect base has needs across the board. Even if they draft a good RHD, that prospect likely won't be ready within the Avs' current window.

I wish the Avs would finally put some actual effort toward drafting and developing an actual goaltending prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad