Prospect Info: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
It's not entirely impossible. But more likely we get a draft pick and a lesser goalie out of the equation. Potentially Schmid+ from the Devils or UPK+ from the Sabres.

I think no matter where Helle goes the Jets will want someone between the pipes in return.
I predict scheifele to boston for swayman+ I think helle would return a goalie but more for cap related reasons and not a value piece of the deal

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
My wife and I have an understanding when it comes to the Jets. Summer time is exclusively wife time (no children yet), I had to barter to watch 2-3 hours of draft coverage, I’ll probably be a waste of time.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
My draft floor call for tonight. Helly and Dillon (50% retention) for 14 OA and Pickering.
i hope something happens before the draft, because I can't see a team trading out of this first round once it's started. Salivating talent at the fingertips. Perhaps a trade down to 18 is more likely.

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Happy Draft Day everyone.

Let's see what USNTDP player we end up with tonight. ;)

All jokes aside, I am excited to see who the Jets manage to catch at #18. Hillier talked in his media availability about catching a faller from #9-#11 on their board and you have to think there will be a large amount of variance in a draft like this. So many skilled forwards who do different things well at the top of the draft.

Only more exciting thing tonight would be making another splash and adding another pick in the first round.

Reactions: KingBogo

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
i hope something happens before the draft, because I can't see a team trading out of this first round once it's started. Salivating talent at the fingertips. Perhaps a trade down to 18 is more likely.
If it is already agreed on no reason not to add to the evenings drama. The league appreciates it and both the Pens and Jets are corporate citizens for the NHL.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
If it is already agreed on no reason not to add to the evenings drama. The league appreciates it and both the Pens and Jets are corporate citizens for the NHL.
ahh. i can see that angle.

Happy Draft Day everyone.

Let's see what USNTDP player we end up with tonight. ;)

All jokes aside, I am excited to see who the Jets manage to catch at #18. Hillier talked in his media availability about catching a faller from #9-#11 on their board and you have to think there will be a large amount of variance in a draft like this. So many skilled forwards who do different things well at the top of the draft.

Only more exciting thing tonight would be making another splash and adding another pick in the first round.
it's a strong first round for the 'mericans. Oliver Moore is from MN. Welcome Ollie to the Winnipeg Jets!

Reactions: Mooche

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm a little dissapointed I wasn't able to follow the draft as thoroughly as I usually can. Been a busy year but I have done a bit of a dive into some of the picks and there looks to be a lot of interesting pieces.

As far as need goes we really could use a strong C pick or a RHD. But we just need to take advantage of any kind of faller regardless of need if it presents itself.

I have my eyes on Nate Danielson, Matthew Wood, Oliver Moore, Brayden Yager, Dalibor Dvorsky and Lukas Dragicevic.

Maybe Chevy can make a trade for Helle to add some additional picks for tonight but I have a feeling he won't move until after FA Frenzy settles.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Ritchie would be a solid pick.
Injury was a big part of his underperformance this season. He's gonna pop next season.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm a little dissapointed I wasn't able to follow the draft as thoroughly as I usually can. Been a busy year but I have done a bit of a dive into some of the picks and there looks to be a lot of interesting pieces.

As far as need goes we really could use a strong C pick or a RHD. But we just need to take advantage of any kind of faller regardless of need if it presents itself.

I have my eyes on Nate Danielson, Matthew Wood, Oliver Moore, Brayden Yager, Dalibor Dvorsky and Lukas Dragicevic.

Maybe Chevy can make a trade for Helle to add some additional picks for tonight but I have a feeling he won't move until after FA Frenzy settles.
I think it'd be a risky decision to wait for the dust to settle after FA Frenzy on Hellebuyck. Contenders are going to move fast if they need a tender. Hoping there's a bidding war after that is where the risk lies. I think Helly should move between now and Saturday.

I think it's media-speak that teams are balking on the $9.5m price tag. On one hand they're saying it's on the backburner and on the other hand they're saying they don't like the price tag.

I think teams will recognize that they have a bit of a windfall of cap space coming when Helly's extension kicks in and they can allocate a couple of million of that for the peace of mind of a top 5 keeper between the pipes 60 nights per year.

Reactions: JetsUK

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think it'd be a risky decision to wait for the dust to settle after FA Frenzy on Hellebuyck. Contenders are going to move fast if they need a tender. Hoping there's a bidding war after that is where the risk lies. I think Helly should move between now and Saturday.

I think it's media-speak that teams are balking on the $9.5m price tag. On one hand they're saying it's on the backburner and on the other hand they're saying they don't like the price tag.

I think teams will recognize that they have a bit of a windfall of cap space coming when Helly's extension kicks in and they can allocate a couple of million of that for the peace of mind of a top 5 keeper between the pipes 60 nights per year.

I think the real issue is teams are bullish to pay a hefty price now when there are so many cheaper options available in FA. GM's love their goalie bets in FA and the group this year has a lot of options. Hill, Korpisalo, Raanta, Andersen, Jarry, Nedelkovich, Brossoit, Varlamov, Stalock.. the list goes on of journeyman goalies available in FA this year and most of them can likely be had on the cheap in hopes they find the right fit which allows GM's to add elsewhere.

I don't think any GM is currently itching to get a deal done for Helle yet until they see if they can land something in FA they might have their eyes on and if not they will likely circle back on Helle.

So I don't so much think the risk is on our part, I think we don't really have a choice if GM's aren't jumping at making a deal yet. We just have to wait it out and hope someone gets anxious enough to pull the trigger on Helle. Perhaps that happens before FA frenzy but I don't think it will.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Thread to discuss the actual draft comings and goings is up, just to keep this clear of clutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese