Prospect Info: The 2023 Draft Thread

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I figured this was a good time to start one of these. Needed somewhere to talk about Adam Fantilli after the weekend he had. The guy is crushing the NCAA. 15 points in 6 games.

Bedard is destroying the WHL and Leo Carlsson is killing it in the SHL too.

This draft is looking absolutely stacked at forward.

Calum Ritchie is off to a good start too. He's one of my favorites in the OHL this year.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
I went to go see Bedard and the Pats with my dad when they were in town playing the Rebels, hoping to see a dominant showing from him and he was pretty much shut down. Might be the worst game he will play all year :laugh: Its interesting having an uber prospect coming up in the WHL, he was getting heckled by some fans like i've never really heard before (albeit i only go to a handful of games a year anymore).

Anyways, very interesting to hear Fantilli is ripping it up. That will only accelerate the race to the bottom as the last ranked team will be guaranteed one of Bedard, Michkov or Fantilli now.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Been a big, big fan of Adam Fantilli since I first saw him in the 20/21 season. Evident he was going to be a star even though he was playing a depth role at the time on a very stacked Chicago Steel team. He has the size, the skating, the IQ and can both shoot and pass. Would've happily taken him 1st overall both in 2022 and 2021 had he been eligible. But in this draft it will be hard for him to supplant either Bedard or Michkov, which says a lot about the quality of this draft compared to the previous ones.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
More stacked than the 2015 draft? (which I assume to be the most stacked in recent memory)

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
What do you WHL guys think of Koehn Ziemmer?

I'm just stat/scouting report watching, but seems like he checks a lot of boxes that the Oilers have seemed to look for lately.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Oilers need to trade all their picks in this draft and Yamamoto for the Coyotes 1st. NHL 2007 style.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Can anyone who follows the Oil Kings/WHL tell me more about Lukas Dragicevic from Tri-City? RHD with decent size putting up some lofty numbers, yet still only ranked as a late 1st/early 2nd. Is there some clear flaws to his game? Or this just speaks to the strength of the draft?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Can anyone who follows the Oil Kings/WHL tell me more about Lukas Dragicevic from Tri-City? RHD with decent size putting up some lofty numbers, yet still only ranked as a late 1st/early 2nd. Is there some clear flaws to his game? Or this just speaks to the strength of the draft?

From what I have gathered on him, his skating is above average which, considering he is a defenseman, would impact his ranking a fair bit. His decision making with the puck has also been questioned. The scouting report on him reminds me of Bouchard’s.

Giggleplex

May 18, 2015
There's a Dman named Oliver Bonk 🤣
He's seems decent actually, and he's been ranked at 32nd (which where we'll be picking next summer :naughty:).

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
There's a Dman named Oliver Bonk 🤣
He's seems decent actually, and he's been ranked at 32nd (which where we'll be picking next summer :naughty:).
Radek's son.

Cagey B

Jul 21, 2021
I haven't been keeping up on prospects this season.. .but I ask....

Bedard - how similar is he to McD...... or would Matthews be a better comparative? ( in terms of skill set )

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I haven't been keeping up on prospects this season.. .but I ask....

Bedard - how similar is he to McD...... or would Matthews be a better comparative? ( in terms of skill set )
Bedard is a cerebral player. McDavid is explosive. I think about Crosby stylistically when I think about Bedard.

Reactions: Cagey B

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad