Prospect Info: The 2023-2024 Prospects Thread Pt. 3

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
It's less torture and more continuing to show the minority that want to praise Benning for "building this team" that anything he built he did in spite of his incompetence rather than by any deliberate action.
Who is "praising Benning"? At most someone from time to time will make an offhand comment about how Benning drafted our core players. That's a fact.

Last edited:

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Probably important to see if Silvos is any where close to being able to back up Demko next year.
I think they better start thinking longer term than that pretty soon.
Demko's career seems to mirroring Schneider's as far as surgeries and time off.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
So glad we kept Willander. He is going to be crucial to keeping the contention window open.

If he can perform at a $4-5 million level on his ELC during the bad OEL years, it's as if that almost doesn't exist.
He should still be on his second contract. Who knows maybe Hughes opts to play with his brothers? If that is the case then Hughes gets traded in 2026. That would bring a haul.
The defence then could look like
Zadorov, Hronek, Soucy, Willander, Pettersson, and another giant, Myers might still be around, he is pretty healthy and still skates great. That would be a stout defence capable of playoff hockey. And cheap. Maybe by then they trade for one or more of Samulsson/Siegenthaler/Bahl/Hague/Schneider/Miller/Xhekaj/Jireck/Ceuleman/?

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
He should still be on his second contract. Who knows maybe Hughes opts to play with his brothers? If that is the case then Hughes gets traded in 2026. That would bring a haul.
The defence then could look like
Zadorov, Hronek, Soucy, Willander, Pettersson, and another giant, Myers might still be around, he is pretty healthy and still skates great. That would be a stout defence capable of playoff hockey. And cheap. Maybe by then they trade for one or more of Samulsson/Siegenthaler/Bahl/Hague/Schneider/Miller/Xhekaj/Jireck/Ceuleman/?
Xhekaj and Bahl suck. Cuelemans is meh not really in the same class as the rest.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Arliksson just turned 19 in February. So at the start of this season, he was basically an 18-year old.

A kid who's 6.6" and 220, who can skate like that, is a bit of a freak show. I mean seriously, how much better can he get when his coordination catches up with his growth?

Seems to me that comparing him to Mackenze Stewart and Alex Grenier is unduly pessimistic.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Arliksson just turned 19 in February. So at the start of this season, he was basically an 18-year old.

A kid who's 6.6" and 220, who can skate like that, is a bit of a freak show. I mean seriously, how much better can he get when his coordination catches up with his growth?

Seems to me that comparing him to Mackenze Stewart and Alex Grenier is unduly pessimistic.

Alex Grenier - who was a scoring-line AHL player and played 9 NHL games - would be like a 95th percentile result for Alriksson based on where he’s at now.

The Stewart comparison was obviously a joke.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC

I figured you'd get the joke when I called him slightly worse than one of the worst prospects we've had in years.

• Love
Reactions: quat

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

Who knows? Will it be enough better to compensate for whatever incredible deficiency has led to him being a 0.5PPG CHL player despite being 6.6" and 220, who can skate like that?

It's possible that dude comes in next year and puts up 300 points, but as it stands things look quite grim for an NHL career.

Reactions: wetcoast

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
That's some good scouting Harvey's crew did there. Most were pessimistic with his pick as he was buried under a really strong squad last year with Perron and Barkey still on the board. He's doing alright.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Ty Young had his likely final start of the regular season Friday, and made 34 save on 36 shots against in PG 9-2 win. Young had an underwhelming first half of the season, but has been playing really well in the 2nd half...here are his final stat lines,

Overall - 37GP 2.79GAA 0.903SV% 23W 11L 2OT/SOL
First half - 19GP ~3.61GAA 0.879SV% 12W 6L 0OT/SOL
2nd half - 18GP ~2.18GAA 0.925SV% 11W 5L 2OT/SOL

Ravensbergen will start the playoffs as the #1, but he's been playing poorly down the stretch (~3.53GAA + 0.866SV% over his last 10GP) , so Young may get an opportunity if he can't course correct.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Ty Young had his likely final start of the regular season Friday, and made 34 save on 36 shots against in PG 9-2 win. Young had an underwhelming first half of the season, but has been playing really well in the 2nd half...here are his final stat lines,

Overall - 37GP 2.79GAA 0.903SV% 23W 11L 2OT/SOL
First half - 19GP ~3.61GAA 0.879SV% 12W 6L 0OT/SOL
2nd half - 18GP ~2.18GAA 0.925SV% 11W 5L 2OT/SOL

Ravensbergen will start the playoffs as the #1, but he's been playing poorly down the stretch (~3.53GAA + 0.866SV% over his last 10GP) , so Young may get an opportunity if he can't course correct.

Probably too focused on his puzzles.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Josh Bloom had three assists tonight, giving him twenty points in the last eleven games. So, finally the kind of pace one would expect from an over-ager.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Surely Danila Klimovich is hands-down the most disappointing prospect in the Canucks system right now. Will he get into another AHL game? Will he even be back next season?

Becoming a real possibility they loan him to some club in Europe for the last year of his ELC. I guess there's even the possibility they buy him out.

Really hard to wrap your head around--after such a promising season a year ago. But he's just hit the wall.

Reactions: DFAC

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2