The 2019-20 Tank Command Thread - Part 2: The Tank is back on?: 30th place | 69.8pt projection

2019-20 Tankathon: Who are the tanking teams

• ANA

• ARI

• BOS

• BUF

• CGY

• COL

• CBJ

• DAL

• DET

• EDM

• FLA

• LAK

• MIN

• MTL

• NSH

• NJD

• NYI

• NYR

• PHI

• PIT

• SJS

• STL

• TBL

• TOR

• VAN

• VGK

• WSH

• WPG

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Honestly I’m not even mad about this loss. We’ve seen progression from almost every single player this year. I’m looking forward to the top pick and seeing what happens in 2020

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Id like LA and NJD to pass us but there’s no way we out tank DET
They are disgustingly on pace for 322 GA

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't think we can go wromng with Laf or Byfield. It would be amazing to get a chance to draft one of them. Not counting on a top 2 pick. Picking from the Perfetti, Raymond, Drysdale, Holtz, Lundell, Rossi pool gets us a terrific player

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I don't think we can go wromng with Laf or Byfield. It would be amazing to get a chance to draft one of them. Not counting on a top 2 pick. Picking from the Perfetti, Raymond, Drysdale, Holtz, Lundell, Rossi pool gets us a terrific player

Objectively speaking, Byfield would fill the bigger need, but there is 0 chance Ottawa passes on a French Canadian Superstar in the making.

The image of Lafreniere throwing on a 90s style Sens jersey at the Draft, in Montreal would be epic.

While that is a bit of a pipe dream, I do think we have enough picks and prospects to end up selecting 2 of the second tier of prospects.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Objectively speaking, Byfield would fill the bigger need, but there is 0 chance Ottawa passes on a French Canadian Superstar in the making.

The image of Lafreniere throwing on a 90s style Sens jersey at the Draft, in Montreal would be epic.

While that is a bit of a pipe dream, I do think we have enough picks and prospects to end up selecting 2 of the second tier of prospects.

Good thought. Getting 2 of that tier would be excellent. The Draft is pretty loaded . Lots of talent outside the top 10 as well. Laf or Byfield would be unreal. Franchise level players.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sensfan4life

Nov 2, 2019
Solid tank effort...the severe lack of talent is really shining through as our GF/game is dropping to the bottom of the league.

Down to 70 point pace with no end in sight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix and Alex1234

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
The DJ effect should drop by Christmas
I think we can make it to 30th with focus on the task but good god DET is a legit 31st

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Solid tank effort...the severe lack of talent is really shining through as our GF/game is dropping to the bottom of the league.

Down to 70 point pace with no end in sight.

It's perfect. They're generally playing well with only the lack of talent hurting them, which is exactly what drafting top-2 is meant to solve. Now, do this two years in a row and we are gold baby.

(disclaimer: this is only if Melnyk either opens up his wallet or sells the team and we keep all of this new talent long term)

Reactions: Cosmix and Alex1234

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
LOL , maybe if we had Karlsson back, eh?

Cant understand the “lack of talent “ jive.

Totally wrong about no talent. That Sen song has been Sung before.
It's painfully obvious we lack high end talent. This team works hard but as you saw with a team like Boston that we played last time, they won the game in 15 minutes out of the 60 due to sheer talent despite the Sens playing hard for the majority of the game

Sensfan4life

Nov 2, 2019
It's perfect. They're generally playing well with only the lack of talent hurting them, which is exactly what drafting top-2 is meant to solve. Now, do this two years in a row and we are gold baby.

(disclaimer: this is only if Melnyk either opens up his wallet or sells the team and we keep all of this new talent long term)
I wish they were losing close high scoring games. Better stats for the assets we are moving out.

Sensfan4life

Nov 2, 2019
LOL , maybe if we had Karlsson back, eh?

Cant understand the “lack of talent “ jive.

Totally wrong about no talent. That Sen song has been Sung before.
EK with another excellent game leading the Sharks to another win. (An assist and +3 game for the best player to ever wear the Sens jersey). 14 gp 2 goals 9 assists for 11 points and +4 in November.

So yes, a firesale that included Hoffman, Stone, Duchene and EK stripped the team of talent.

The current lack of talent is obvious to everyone but the board apologists.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
EK with another excellent game leading the Sharks to another win. (An assist and +3 game for the best player to ever wear the Sens jersey). 14 gp 2 goals 9 assists for 11 points and +4 in November.

So yes, a firesale that included Hoffman, Stone, Duchene and EK stripped the team of talent.

The current lack of talent is obvious to everyone but the board apologists.

:deadhorse

Rebuild.

Young guys.

Loads of talent ...more brewing. And more to come.

:pullhair:

Sensfan4life

Nov 2, 2019
Dude. They're talking about the current roster. Most of it is over the hill veterans or depth players. There's like 4 or 5 young, skilled guys right now. And Logan Brown didn't even play tonight.
I think he believes that if he says it enough it will be true.

Reactions: Upgrayedd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad