Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Draft Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
If we won the lottery I might have to take a road-trip to attend the draft. I might have do it anyway and make a vacation out of it.

man, if this was '16 draft and mcdavid with the devils pulling off the lottery win…..i would be first in line at first niagra center laughing my ass off

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I don't know the stats off hand, but I'm willing to bet there's been significantly more goals scored against with him on the ice then he's scored during that same time span.

For that reason, I want nothing to do with Kessel.

Give me Eriksson for a prospect + 2nd pick versus Kessel which will likely cost a good prospect + 1st round pick + more

48.9 GF% between 2011 and now. So he's below even, but I wouldn't really say significantly, especially when you consider how bad Toronto's been in that time.

EDIT: Kovalchuk was 47.7% in his four years before he became a Devil, so it's not like the idea is unprecedented. But still, for the way the Devils are constructed right now, I don't think Kessel would make me drop 15+ spots in this draft. If we were remotely competitive, I'd do it in a heartbeat. To go along with what I think you were getting at, Kessel probably shouldn't ever be "THE" guy on a team. Surround him with good players and let him do his thing.

Last edited:

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Don't you see that Kessel is bloated. The reason is probably due to medication. No other hockey player looks like a mid- thirty major league pitcher. I don't like saying this but it's a part of life and business. The kid was once sick, I would be careful..

Last edited:

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
So? He is 17. That is very coach able but he is also a high level playmaker that can elevate the players around him.

We shouldn't just skip a guy because he is a play maker. We really don't have any high end ones right now.

We need another Scott Gomez though!!! We need that type of offensive creativity. Also, how do you think Boucher is going to succeed if he doesn't have a playmaking center? Zajac isn't certainly gonna get it done

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Don't know much about Meier.

Is he really good?

89 points in 58 gp with in the Q. But I think he is playing with Ehlers who is really good as well. Meier is big/fast/physical and can score. I think some have mentioned he is similar to Benn.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
ya barzal or rantanen for me still. Last 2 out of the forward list I originally wanted. Holding onto the miracle for Marner still...

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
ya barzal or rantanen for me still. Last 2 out of the forward list I originally wanted. Holding onto the miracle for Marner still...

I'm not gonna pretend to know a lot about these prospects aside from what I read. But assuming NJ picks around 7 I would be happy with those two or zacha.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1703243

This is the guy I'm looking at in the later rounds, if he stays there. Exactly the type of player I want Lou to take risks on. Amazing offensive upside but on the smaller side so he'll be overlooked more than he should be.

Yeah, Timashov would be a great later-round pickup. I'm also looking at Alexander Dergachyov as well, and hoping he falls to the second round.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
yea I brought up Timashov before, if we draft him and he works out it would be a huge plus to this organization if he isn't anything special it won't hurt that much.

AusDev

Jan 13, 2015
Cool. for some reason I thought we didn't have a third.

There was a conditional 3rd involved in the Ruutu trade but I think it's for 2017, and the conditions were never specified so I have no idea if we will actually be sending that pick to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad