The 2015-2016 Blues Playoff Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Even thought Forsberg kills us, I would want Nashville. Sharks have more firepower and I'd say they're a stronger team than Dallas by a decent amount.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Is it just me or will the strength of our opponent decrease each round? That doesn't mean it will get easier to win......
You could make an argument to rank them like this:

1. Chicago
2. Dallas
3. Nashville/San Jose
4. Pitt/Tampa

With home ice the remaining rounds and an extra days rest on our next opponet this is shaping up nicely for the Blues. They need to take advantage of this golden opportunity!

You're making the mistake of projecting the regular season performance instead of watching the level of play of those teams right now. Pittsburgh looks very tough. Both Nashville and San Jose are playing at a higher level than what the Blues/Stars series was played. St Louis has a higher gear still, and they'll need to find it to keep moving on.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
I could root for any of the remaining 5 teams, honestly.

STL - Duh
Nashville - Jackman, no Cups
San Jose - Thornton, Polak, no Cups
Tampa - Bishop, plus I just like their team
Pittsburgh - Least favorite, but I'd root for Kessel

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
You're making the mistake of projecting the regular season performance instead of watching the level of play of those teams right now. Pittsburgh looks very tough. Both Nashville and San Jose are playing at a higher level than what the Blues/Stars series was played. St Louis has a higher gear still, and they'll need to find it to keep moving on.

Given that The Blues shut down Kane & Toews, and Benn & Spezza, I think they can do the same to Thornton, Marleau & Couture and Crosby, Malkin & Kessel. The only question is whether or not The Blues will come to play at the start of each game, not let down when the bounces don't go their way, and want it badly enough to do everything it takes to win, for the 3rd and 4th series.

I can't imagine The Blues losing to Nashville. I can see them losing to The Sharks, but I expect them to win that series. The Cop Finals would be a toss-up against The Pens, or The Bolts (IF Stamkos is back, playing decently), if NOT I expect Pittsburgh to beat them, and Rhe Blues not face them.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Its not a given. This is the hardest trophy to win, whoever does win it, will earn it. But you talk about adversity, someone tell me that previous teams wouldn't crumble after the Tarasenko goal was waived? We definitely wouldn't have answered with 2 goals, I'll tell ya that.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
The only problem I see with getting Nashville is if Rinne just plays out of his mind, and with that strong defense, they'd be super tough to beat.

pricer502

Jun 3, 2011
Kansas City

I understand which is why I stated it doesn't mean it will be easier to win.
Nashville and San Jose are obviously playing very well right now and could be our toughest match-up yet. Even with that I would take my chances playing the winner of Nashville/San Jose over playing Hawks or Stars again.
My overall point was it seems everything is aligning for this team.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
No matter who we play, I fully expect the next series to go to 7 games before it's decided. We just seem to ease up when we get up on a team and then press again when they tie it . I wish we would develop that go for the jugular attitude and put teams away. It seems like we only play our best when we are facing elimination.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The only problem I see with getting Nashville is if Rinne just plays out of his mind, and with that strong defense, they'd be super tough to beat.

The thing about that scenario is that it isn't likely Nashville are going to score heavily on us, so we'll be in every game. Nashville is the best match up for how Hitchcock coaches. We have the better group of forwards, I'd be very confident against Nashville.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I'd like to say that Hitch is quick with adjustments and they work. Lehtera Steen swap helped out both lines. Lehtera is not a bad player by any means and is a lot better defensively than what I expected, but just wasn't doing well enough to play with schwartz and tarasenko at the time.

thunderchief1994

Mar 13, 2011
Ranger fan stopping by to wish you best of luck. You waited long enough and you have a class act team!

IT IS YOUR TURN NOW.:handclap:

See, quoting myself now above. I don't have a dog in this race but made the Blues my team for the balance. Last night was freaking awesome! I told you guys. it's your turn, believe!

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
See, quoting myself now above. I don't have a dog in this race but made the Blues my team for the balance. Last night was freaking awesome! I told you guys. it's your turn, believe!

Man we hope so. Not use to this at all.... and we still have 2 series to go lol

Thanks for the support!

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I lurked our hits stats ---> here. I'm suprise how physical Schwartz has been in this post-season in good way.

Paul is dominating FO in this playoff year when observing FO stats. Only Preds have players who has good FO stats so that will be tough one if we face them on western finals.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
Wings fan here...I'm hopping on the band wagon! Every year I thought you guys had it once Wings were done and failed...so this year I waited until after the first two rounds.
(no offense, but Wings havent doe anything in quite some time now either)

Blues for the Cup! Tank is so nasty also...

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If the Blues lose in the WCF I am rooting for the East team (preferably Pittsburgh). I don't care about Jackman at all.

But yeah, I'm pretty positive Backes will be returning now. And judging by how effective he's played, I'm okay with that. I was harsh on him before but he's obviously a good player and has even changed his game to help himself. I give him props for that. He's come up huge.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I would be happy if any of the remaining teams won a cup TBH. But obviously I would lose my mind if we actually won. I hope we play Nashville next round because I don't want constant 9:30 starts if we play the Sharks.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I would be happy if any of the remaining teams won a cup TBH. But obviously I would lose my mind if we actually won. I hope we play Nashville next round because I don't want constant 9:30 starts if we play the Sharks.

Why is that time problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad