The 2015-2016 Blues Playoff Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Why do I feel like its gonna be Allen? It should be Elliott. Right? I'm not wrong, am I?

You feel that way because being a fan of this team has programmed you to expect the worst in the most critical times. They should obviously start Elliott, but panicking and starting Allen would be such a 'Blues in spring' thing to do.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
You feel that way because being a fan of this team has programmed you to expect the worst in the most critical times. They should obviously start Elliott, but panicking and starting Allen would be such a 'Blues in spring' thing to do.

Well, looks like Hitch made the right decision, lol. Now if he had only pulled Allen against Minnesota last year, it might have been different last year, lol.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Sun 5/15, 8pm: SJS/NSH @ STL | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

Tue 5/17, 8pm: SJS/NSH @ STL | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

Thu 5/19, TBD: STL @ SJS/NSH | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

Sat 5/21, 7:15pm: STL @ SJS/NSH | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

*Mon 5/23, 8pm: SJS/NSH @ STL | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

*Wed 5/25, TBD: STL @ SJS/NSH | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

*Fri 5/27, 8pm: SJS/NSH @ STL | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

all times est

StarsFan1980

May 11, 2016
To all Blues fans - I just wanted to say congratulations. I've been to all 4 games in Dallas and have read these forums in between. I think my Stars are still at the start of a nice run if we can put a few things defensively together but no doubt overall you guys were the better team this series. I thought we might could steal it but today wasn't our day. Elliot is a beast and has been the entire series (outside of game 6). Enjoyed watching you play and enjoyed meeting your fans. Best of luck going forward. Incredibly disappointed tonight but would love to take another shot next season. Best of luck and hope you guys bring the Cup home.

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
To all Blues fans - I just wanted to say congratulations. I've been to all 4 games in Dallas and have read these forums in between. I think my Stars are still at the start of a nice run if we can put a few things defensively together but no doubt overall you guys were the better team this series. I thought we might could steal it but today wasn't our day. Elliot is a beast and has been the entire series (outside of game 6). Enjoyed watching you play and enjoyed meeting your fans. Best of luck going forward. Incredibly disappointed tonight but would love to take another shot next season. Best of luck and hope you guys bring the Cup home.

Great first post... welcome. Great series and you're right... the stars are a couple pieces away and I think could have won this series with Seguin. You guys took a big step this year and will only get better moving forward.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri

My son, stationed at Ft. Hood, attended game 2 and game 5 in Dallas when the Blues won and had nothing but good things to say about Dallas fans. He wore his Blues gear and was sitting among Dallas fans, but he said that they were good sports and appreciated good hockey. Dallas fans and Blues fans have a lot in common, we appreciate good hockey when we see it!!! Great series, Dallas gave the Blues a great series!!!

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Sun 5/15, 8pm: SJS/NSH @ STL | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

Tue 5/17, 8pm: SJS/NSH @ STL | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

Thu 5/19, TBD: STL @ SJS/NSH | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

Sat 5/21, 7:15pm: STL @ SJS/NSH | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

*Mon 5/23, 8pm: SJS/NSH @ STL | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

*Wed 5/25, TBD: STL @ SJS/NSH | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

*Fri 5/27, 8pm: SJS/NSH @ STL | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

all times est

No early games? Bummer.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
You know your wife is a keeper when she bakes you cookies to celebrate your favorite team's win and the first batch comes out looking like this:

IMG_5117_zpsnhaawrt8.jpg

:D

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
You know your wife is a keeper when she bakes you cookies to celebrate your favorite team's win and the first batch comes out looking like this:

IMG_5117_zpsnhaawrt8.jpg

That is amazing :yo:

My wife just asked me how many games left lol, but she's a good sport when it comes to the Blues or the Red Sox in the playoffs. She just knows nothing about sports, but to her credit she does make attempts to learn and ask questions.

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
I think I have a problem with reading the blackhawks board and their very salty posts about us winning and just smiling

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

IMG_5117_zpsnhaawrt8.jpg

Perfect amount of cookies to spell your favorite player, "Troy Brouwer!" Missed opportunity by the Mrs.

Old Blueser

Jan 28, 2012
so any theories on what's wrong with Tarasenko? I gotta think he's hurt. Right now he's little more than decoy out there.

Thank goodness for Robby Fabbri.

I am also having a really hard time seeing Backes not wearing a Blues jersey next year...but he's long been my favorite

Bluesfan54

Jul 28, 2014
Kansas City
so any theories on what's wrong with Tarasenko? I gotta think he's hurt. Right now he's little more than decoy out there.

Thank goodness for Robby Fabbri.

I am also having a really hard time seeing Backes not wearing a Blues jersey next year...but he's long been my favorite

Maybe the other team is doing a really good defensive job on Tarasenko. Like the Blues did to Benn, and Toews, and Kane.

pricer502

Jun 3, 2011
Kansas City
Is it just me or will the strength of our opponent decrease each round? That doesn't mean it will get easier to win......
You could make an argument to rank them like this:

1. Chicago
2. Dallas
3. Nashville/San Jose
4. Pitt/Tampa

With home ice the remaining rounds and an extra days rest on our next opponet this is shaping up nicely for the Blues. They need to take advantage of this golden opportunity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad