The 2010 All-Time Draft (sign-up a team here)

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
Look at past ATDs for a rough idea of who usually gets picked where. Not all past picks are the "right" picks by any means, but you get a general concept of what people look at.

If you see names you don't recognize, google them. In general, hockey-reference.com is the best stats site, and greatesthockeylegends.com and legendsofhockey.com have more in-depth biographical information.

Oh, and don't be afraid of criticism. A lot of the long-time GMs are like sharks when someone does something unexpected, but it's all in good fun.

Yeah, we don't have necks so we can't look back!

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Thanks i am going to crash and burn I'm only fifteen and am not as crazy about hockey history as the rest of you guys. I guess I'm just nervous that I might make a rookie mistake or some kind of taboo. Obviously there is the top guys but after the first couple rounds I don't know enough hockey history (yet) to be able to make great selections from the past. However I hope that this can be a learning year so I can become a better ATDer. Anyway it's all for fun and I am really jacked (excited wise) :yo:

Hah, I was 12 when I did my first ATD. I believe Hed was 15 or 16 when he did his first, and we had someone else a while back that was 14 or 15. Not everyone here is that old. Except seventies, he's already married! ;) :D

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Hah, I was 12 when I did my first ATD. I believe Hed was 15 or 16 when he did his first, and we had someone else a while back that was 14 or 15. Not everyone here is that old. Except seventies, he's already married! ;) :D

*gasp*

I bet half the atd is older than me! I am just married is all.
Posted via Mobile Device

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
*gasp*

I bet half the atd is older than me! I am just married is all.
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL I was just kiddin, but probably. Not that it matters at all, but I'd guess that pappy is the oldest of us? Still, I'd estimate that most of the GM's in this are under 40.

And yeah chaos, I was thinking about you. Point is, NGARV, don't worry, you're not screwed just because of your age. I'm 15 right now myself.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I was 34 in my first ATD.
I am 40 now.
Am I the oldest one standing in this thing? :snow:
(A lot of older GMs aren't in it this year.)

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
You're the "child" prodigy of the ATD; participating when you were younger than the site requirements to register :laugh:.

And yes, I was 15 when I signed up, 16 when the first finished. It took me until I was 18 though to be "good" at the ATD.

15 in my first ATD, 16 now.
You are a lot younger than I thought you were

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
I'm surprised how young some are. Then again, I'm only 22 as well.

Side note: Somehow, after already participating in a full draft, I just noticed now that raleh is from the other side of the bridge(s) here. Grew up on that side, I did.

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
I'm surprised how young some are. Then again, I'm only 22 as well.

Side note: Somehow, after already participating in a full draft, I just noticed now that raleh is from the other side of the bridge(s) here. Grew up on that side, I did.

I just moved back here, and then changed my location thing. I grew up here, went to school in Victoria, and now am back! Which high school did you go to?

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Remembered another GM in his teens; camperjr. I think his co-GM was around the same age too, so that's quite a few we've had in the ATD under-18.

You're the "child" prodigy of the ATD; participating when you were younger than the site requirements to register :laugh:.

:laugh:, actually no, back then I don't think there was an age requirement.

You are a lot younger than I thought you were

Agreed. I thought you were probably out of highschool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad