The 2010 All-Time Draft (sign-up a team here)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
A lot of rookies, I hope they're all up for the task.
Billy_Shoe1721 - Malmo Redhawks
markrander87 - Chief De Laval
Velociraptor - California Golden Seals
hungryhungryhippy - Vancouver Maroons
NGARV - Edmonton Armadillos
Nighthawks - New Haven Nighthawks

:welcome:

ATD12: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=698578
ATD11: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=639759
ATD10: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=570189

These past draft threads should give you some idea of how it goes.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The last Nighthawks team was the most awesome EVER.
Shucks, thanks. :innocent: I thought so. Certainly a great concept team playing a very distinctive style. I don't think I ever planned and executed such a thought-out plan in my life. Very fun. I learned a lot about hockey history in the process of researching for that.

hungryhungryhippy

Feb 7, 2010
Link to the team roster?

Also, I'm sort of confused right now. I posted something in this thread a few minutes ago but I don't think it went through? Is that possible?

hungryhungryhippy

Feb 7, 2010
I meant a link to the roster of the last Nighthawks team you guys were talking about.

Also, for some reason my last post didn't go through (it said it needed to be reviewed by a mod first?). What I said was:

Thanks for the welcome :)

but I participated in the last ATD at leafscentral/leafschat, and I'm fully aware of the procedures.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I meant a link to the roster of the last Nighthawks team you guys were talking about.
PM sent.

Easy to find with the subforum's search command, a function useful when researching players to see what research has been dug up about them in past alltime drafts. There is a lot of good historical research on this board.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Trades: I agree with VI as well. Just don't try to fleece someone. What if we accepted all trades, but if say 3 people complain about a trade, and no reasonable justification is given, that person gets penalized?

First bad trade - time window reduction
Second bad trade - GM suspended for the remainder of the draft?
Third bad trade - GM can no longer participate in ATDs on this board

Yeah, they're harsh, but it'll ensure that noone intentionally tries to fleece anyone. It also ensures the draft is never held up for a trade, as the bad trades could still go through or whatever, but obviously it isn't very favorable to do so. What do you guys think? ANYTHING that gets us away from having to wait for a trade to be processed is great for me.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
let's be reasonable and get along, after we all vote on teams to determine rankings and playoff winners

if a trade is lopsided most times a reasonable guy will be willing tweak it, rework it a bit

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Billy_Shoe1721 - Malmo Redhawks
markrander87 - Chief De Laval
Velociraptor - California Golden Seals
hungryhungryhippy - Vancouver Maroons
NGARV - Edmonton Armadillos
Nighthawks - New Haven Nighthawks

:welcome:

ATD12: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=698578
ATD11: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=639759
ATD10: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=570189

These past draft threads should give you some idea of how it goes.
If one of the rookies is looking for a consultant, I'd be willing to help out. Not a co-GM. Just someone who can provide advice, tips, GM scouting reports, a consistent presence on the boards, etc. But it will need to be a situation where it's going to be beneficial, and not argumentative.

hungryhungryhippy

Feb 7, 2010
If one of the rookies is looking for a consultant, I'd be willing to help out. Not a co-GM. Just someone who can provide advice, tips, GM scouting reports, a consistent presence on the boards, etc. But it will need to be a situation where it's going to be beneficial, and not argumentative.

certainly, I'll probably shoot you a PM every once in a while

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I agree with VI having veto power.

Only problem I have with this rule is the reliance on one person. I'm going to use VanI himself as the example; he was commish to start the draft last time, then had to leave for personal reasons. Obviously, that hopefully won't happen again, but really, I don't think just because someone is commish, he'll have to sign on everyday (if he has quite a bit of time between his picks). Which is essentially what would be required, because there could be a trade at any time, and it's ridiculous to expect that specific person to be able to see it at any given time. Let's say an hour after the person with veto power has called it a night and has sent a list to someone, a trade is made. The veto-person goes to work/school/whatever, and gets back 18 hours after the trade is made. Perfectly reasonable on his part, but it's held up the draft. GM's are impatient. Understandably. Yet, there'd be 27 teams relying on that one person to be online. And it wouldn't be fair to rely on that person all the time.

Maybe I'm not making sense, but while I'm good with VanI having veto power, I think that rule should be tinkered a bit, for his convenience.

Technically though, I think we've only had one veto-worthy trade in ATD history, and that was the first time someone had crossed the line that had not yet been set. I highly doubt we see any trades in this draft that cross the line. So it probably doesn't matter, if there is a ridiculous trade, we can wait a day or two (at worst) for things to get sorted out.

Thing is, if there's one person we should be comfortable relying on, it's VI. The guy is always around at ATD time.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
If we get to the deadline with an odd number of teams, would we wait a bit for one more to join to at least make it even?
a deadline is a deadline

the NHL has had divisions with one more or less teams than other divisions/conferences - we'd do likewise

we're at 30... 32 is ideal but 30 will do

today tuesday is the last day to join. tell your friends. PM awesome Hfboards posters you know. let's hit 32, after which point any more interest could ideally co-GM with one of the 32 teams

draft order to be released early wednesday, draft clock begins friday at noon

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Thing is, if there's one person we should be comfortable relying on, it's VI. The guy is always around at ATD time.
thanks. (i feel bad about the fall draft, but it's not everyday you lose your job and are kicked out the country you're living in)

i now have a good stable job with every morning off, like i had for years of these drafts, and talking about hockey online is my cheapest hobby and number one pastime in terms of hours spent

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $45.00