Toronto FC: TFC 2024 Season

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Don’t they play tonight?
They already played. And lost. (Not that I watched)

They suck again. Lol

That Apple TV deal has completely ruined that league. MLS is garbage. Btw my guess is John herdman will do down in mangerial obscurity despite his early promise with the CSA. toronto fc and mls is a joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: ACC1224

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006

The incident which conveniently involved him luring JMR to an area where the cameras were down.

He should be facing whatever the appropriate discipline is for luring a minor away from his teammates for the purpose of yelling at him (his comment only says that he didn't hit JMR)

Their team should be stripped of the 3 points and fined heavily for the incident (for directly causing harm, real or perceived, to an opposing player)

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeywiz542

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
@robertmac43 tell me how to feel!

This seems pleasantly surprising. I assumed Biello would be taking us into Copa.
I feel better now then if Biello was at the helm, although Marsch's last two jobs were pretty big failures imo.

Right now it's the best we can do and I will support him. Hopefully he can get the best out of the squad as we head into the busy summer.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I feel better now then if Biello was at the helm, although Marsch's last two jobs were pretty big failures imo.

Right now it's the best we can do and I will support him. Hopefully he can get the best out of the squad as we head into the busy summer.
I'm hoping the added "donation " from the MLS teams also means that he cleans house and brings in his own assistants. Fresh voices all around.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm hoping the added "donation " from the MLS teams also means that he cleans house and brings in his own assistants. Fresh voices all around.
Yup that would be nice. It's past time for a change all around.

The last group did some great things and I will never forget the WC qualification campaign, but we need to switch focus to the future and building this into something.

Reactions: al secord

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Marsch is a great choice IMO. I know he didn't do well at Leeds, but damn this seems like a pretty ambitious hire (especially since we're talking about Canada soccer). he's easily the most recognizable name the CSA has ever brought in and thats a good sign.

...I thought for sure the CSA was going to appoint someone internally. I'm encouraged by this news.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

An on-field altercation after Saturday’s game between Toronto FC and NYCFC has resulted in recommended suspensions for many of those involved, including Toronto FC head coach John Herdman, according to multiple sources briefed on the MLS disciplinary committee’s decision.

The following suspensions have been communicated to both clubs:

• 3 games for Richie Laryea (TFC)

• 2 games for Prince Owusu (TFC)

• 2 games for Strahinja Tanasijević (NYC)

• 1 game for Sean Johnson (TFC)

• 1 game for John Herdman (TFC)

The altercation in question occurred after the final whistle of NYCFC’s 3-2 win over Toronto FC, and featured multiple clashes between members of both teams, including some coaches.

Suspensions of multiple games can be appealed. All suspensions are related to the incident after the final whistle of Saturday’s game. The league office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The suspensions could go into effect as soon as Wednesday night, pending the official issuance of the discipline and any potential appeals. Both teams have games on Wednesday evening; TFC travels to face Nashville and NYCFC hits the road against the Philadelphia Union.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Marsch is a great choice IMO. I know he didn't do well at Leeds, but damn this seems like a pretty ambitious hire (especially since we're talking about Canada soccer). he's easily the most recognizable name the CSA has ever brought in and thats a good sign.
Plus he generally plays an attacking style of of football which should be fun to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad