GDT: Texas Stars @ OKC Barons: Sat. 12/22 6PM, We're Still Alive But The Barons Still Suck

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
He's not nearly solid enough on his skates to ever be a decent forward

5269558397_64406aeb94_m.jpg

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I dont mind Hall fighting, but I dont like him fighting fighters. Him Fighting a guy like Toews or E. Kane is awesome in my books.

Him fighting the the other team's leader in penalty minutes in the AHL... pls no.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
He's not nearly solid enough on his skates to ever be a decent forward, he needs to avoid fighting period. I bet Nuge could kick his ass in a hockey fight.

What are you talking about. The reason Hall falls down a lot is because he's always going 100 miles an hour along the ice. Standing still, he's fine. He's got very strong legs for a kid his age.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
I think Anthony Peluso from the St Louis system would be a great fit for the Oiler organization. The kid can really fight and has much more skill than Hordy at playing the game. Also, going back to junior, he is very willing to fight when it is "right".

What would it take to acquire him? I am not sure, but he would be a great fit in so many ways, age included.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I dont mind Hall fighting, but I dont like him fighting fighters. Him Fighting a guy like Toews or E. Kane is awesome in my books.

Him fighting the the other team's leader in penalty minutes in the AHL... pls no.

No thanks against him either.

You know who he was named after right? ;)

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
I've watched this game closely... and I've come to a conclusion...

I think Danis might be a better goalie than Subban. Maybe.

Thank you, thank you...

The Barons D looks night and day. Schultz playing well in both zones, it seems. Let's go, #SchultzHatTrick

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
No thanks against him either.

You know who he was named after right? ;)

Yeah, Evander Holyfield the undisputed heavyweight champion boxer when he was born. And while Kane a good fighter, he also a good player.

Hell, I'd be okay with Hallsy fought a guy like Iginla or even Clowe.

Mcnofool6110

Dec 7, 2011
Sydney

I doubt he was named after Matt Cooke.

But seriously, do not open that Kane door. Do not fight E Kane. on that. Hall needs to work on his balance and fighting ... Maybe with Kane, aren't they friends? Sorta?

Iginla, I'd postulate, isn't that terrible at fighting.

Souray broke his hand on Iginla's face.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Agreed Hall shouldn't be fighting the Dorsett's and Rousell's of the world. That said I'm sick and tired of not seeing a guy like Abney out there against bigger/tougher teams. If Abney isn't playing the next time that these teams play it is a major fail IMO.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yeah, Evander Holyfield the undisputed heavyweight champion boxer when he was born. And while Kane a good fighter, he also a good player.

Hell, I'd be okay with Hallsy fought a guy like Iginla or even Clowe.

What would that prove? He'd get his ass kicked and maybe get hurt. Thanks but no thanks. Guys like Kesler yes, those other guys? No.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
Agreed Hall shouldn't be fighting the Dorsett's and Rousell's of the world. That said I'm sick and tired of not seeing a guy like Abney out there against bigger/tougher teams. If Abney isn't playing the next time that these teams play it is a major fail IMO.

Abney should be dressed in all divisional games methinks. they tend to get more and more intense as the time goes.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
What would that prove? He'd get his ass kicked and maybe get hurt. Thanks but no thanks. Guys like Kesler yes, those other guys? No.

I'm fine with him fighting Sam Gagner. He's probably the only other person in the league who is worse at fighting than Hall. Since that's not happening, players like Byers can take reign over that portion of the game.

I ain't seein' Hall's leg twist like that agin', I tell you h'what.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
I think Anthony Peluso from the St Louis system would be a great fit for the Oiler organization. The kid can really fight and has much more skill than Hordy at playing the game. Also, going back to junior, he is very willing to fight when it is "right".

What would it take to acquire him? I am not sure, but he would be a great fit in so many ways, age included.
Never heard of him, gonna head to google after the game haha

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

I think it proves a hell of a lot more than fighting a Derek Dorsett... It also leaves the other team without a top six player for five minutes too.

Hell, even if Hall beats a Rousell, we still lose that trade. Chances are Rousell not even play a shift in that five minutes anyway.... chances are hallsy would play two.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Abney should be dressed in all divisional games methinks. they tend to get more and more intense as the time goes.

Agreed, I'm really liking our 4th line tonight, but he needs to be in there at least once in awhile so that guys know that they'll get theirs if they do what they did tonight. Roussell needs to get his and IMO Byers isn't a good enough deterrent although he plays his role very well. Maybe Teubert takes matters into his own hands in the 3rd and takes on Roussell?

I'm fine with him fighting Sam Gagner. He's probably the only other person in the league who is worse at fighting than Hall. Since that's not happening, players like Byers can take reign over that portion of the game.

I ain't seein' Hall's leg twist like that agin', I tell you h'what.

He's a better fighter than you give him credit for, that said he's fought some tough customers so that doesn't help his cause.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think it proves a hell of a lot more than fighting a Derek Dorsett... It also leaves the other team without a top six player for five minutes too.

Hell, even if Hall beats a Rousell, we still lose that trade. Chances are Rousell not even play a shift in that five minutes anyway.... chances are hallsy would play two.

So if he fights Iginla and gets concussed what does that prove? Iginla is no pushover and not one of the star players that I'd be fine with him fighting under normal circumstances. I don't like him fighting Rousell or Dorsett either, but I'm not in charge of setting up his fights unfortunately ;)

Mcnofool6110

Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
5 to 2. Cue the comeback monkey?

House goes up on a break, takes a shot that misses the net, gets back in time to harass the shot... which carroms off the D-man and it's right on and in th' net.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00