Speculation: Teams that could be surprise sellers on trade deadline day

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
i could understand if we were talking about filippula or guerin or even talbot, maybe even malkin in a way, but crosby? tough
Absolutely tough. I'm just saying. Trading Sid could return quite the haul and lessen the impact of when he leaves anyways in retirement.

Goal should be the Cup. Not loyalty.

For Pittsburgh, the goal should be not falling back into pre-Crosby days, where the franchise was in peril.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
Not really a surprise seller, but maybe a team people aren't looking at enough in terms of their assets.

Capitals have some pretty good rental players aside from the ones mentioned often in the media in Nic Dowd and Joel Edmundson. There has been a little bit of Mantha chatter as well. But I dont hear a ton of Pacioretty buzz - maybe he should be considered more as a deadline option because of his low cap hit assuming he wants to go to a contender. Also, could Darcy Kuemper be a darkhorse goalie trade option? Proven playoff performer, Caps would probably eat some money too, probably not much worse than the other top options out there. Longshot, but they have Lindgren so they can move on from Kuemp.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
just out of curiosity, what would you think would be the ask for robert thomas?
Way more than anyone will pay. He's a 24 year old high end passer with good 2way play scoring at a 28 goal/92 point pace. All while being signed for the next 7 1/2 years. Top defensive prospect, 1st round pick, and another high end forward prospect+ minimum. He's not available, and will not be available.

Reactions: Detroit Knights

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad