GDT: Team USA vs Germany (Semifinals)

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I usually buy beer from Czechia but on thursday i went to Lidl, and i had sudden urge to buy German beer. My subconscious must have knew this was going to happen. Perlenbacher is decent and i like it because it's in bottles. The flavor stays better.

But as long as it's German beer for tomorrow. Lets Goooooooo
Well then enjoy it.
I would be happy to get some Pilsner urquell (Plzeňský Prazdroj in czech) but sadly we don't have that here in NL.

have a great evening. Till tomorrow :D

paragon

May 5, 2010
i still can’t believe it - this is the most exited I have been after a German game since we beat Canada at the Olympics in 2018.

I knew there was a chance at a medal, but I was talking about Bronze, this is unbelievable.

Noebels and Tiffels won’t ever have to buy drinks if I’m around.
Congratulations! I'm rooting for the underdogs tomorrow.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Well then enjoy it.
I would be happy to get some Pilsner urquell (Plzeňský Prazdroj in czech) but sadly we don't have that here in NL.

I love Pilsner Urquell, too. Luckily we do have it where I live - in Tokyo - and I really want one. They even sell them in my local supermarket. But it’s 3:30 am in Japan so time to go to sleep :)

Reactions: Edenjung

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
… and football. :D
Iam sorry.
But thats the german coming through.

But for now:

giphy.gif

I love Pilsner Urquell, too. Luckily we do have it where I live - in Tokyo - and I really want one. They even sell them in my local supermarket. But it’s 3:30 am in Japan so time to go to sleep :)
Lucky.
Best thing is if its fresh from the tab.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Iam sorry.
But thats the german coming through.

But for now:

View attachment 713240

Lucky.
Best thing is if its fresh from the tab.
Makes a huge difference. And I once did a pilgrimage to the brewery in Plzen itself, the fresh unpasteurized beer there was like manna from heaven. In Japan you can get it in some pubs, but it’s all wrong. Less pressure, less carbonation, slightly off temperature.. They don’t serve it well. In Prague it’s excellent and it was also good in Germany, where I had it in a pub in Düsseldorf.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
Good game Germany. You gave Casey DeSmith his toughest game. Good luck to the fans and team vs Canada. Go make another spectacular game again.

PapaQ

Jun 18, 2010
Congrats from Slovakia. Well deserved. You can do the same in the next game, I think its pretty open at this point.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Niederberger... great.. The missed chances the USA had... incredible.

Now easily one of Canada's weakest teams of the past 30 years, if not their very weakest.. goes for Gold against the upstarts. I'm good with either winner.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
In Kanto supermarkets Sapporo's Ginza Lion Beer Hall Special isn't half bad by Japanese standards.

Reactions: Old Man Jags

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Well then enjoy it.

That's good too, my favourite is Budejovicky Budvar. It's so delicious, that i almost would want to bathe in it. Only problem is that after covid the supermarket started to order it in cans only, the taste ain't what it is in the glass bottles. Big city stores have glass bottle budvar in their stock but i live near small city in Finland, close to eastern border and i don't fancy driving 150 km just for beer :laugh:
1685224027430.png
God's nectar

Reactions: Edenjung

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
So happy for Germany, and so happy the US lost after their disgraceful game against SWE. Vielen danks Deutschland! Get that gold now:)

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
Germany is a very wealthy country so while it has no chance of getting past soccer I wouldn't be surprised if it carves out a big niche over the next decade

Reactions: Hamilton Bulldogs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad