WC: Team Sweden Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
It kinda is Grönborgs job to say that Pettersson is not a lock to play. Sweden Hockey Games is the try-outs for all the non-NHLers. Of course Elias is a front runner for a spot.

Basically as of now, we have 9 NHL forwards that are guaranteed a spot:

Rikard Rakell
Mattias Janmark
Adrian Kempe
Gustav Nyquist
Mika Zibanejad
Mikael Backlund
Jacob de la Rose
Johan Larsson
Magnus Pääjärvi

Lias Andersson, Elias Pettersson and the rest of the forwards in Sweden Hockey Games are competing for the last spots. So that may be 4-5 open spots depending on how many forwards they bring to Denmark. And then we might a further NHLers that join, like Landeskog and Söderberg. Of course, I think Pettersson is good enough to grab one of the last spots

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Thats weird, swehockey says elias pettersson will play in wch.

To be fair Swehockey says "playing in Sweden Hockey Games", he's the only listed SHL player because everybody talks and asks about him. Unless he totally stinks he will probably make the team though.

But I get what they're doing, they've made all these other guys in Europe play 100 exhibition games to make this penultimate team, so it's about showing some respect for them too.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Inb4 grönborg slots Pettersson on the fourth line with Johan Larsson gives him no PP time just to have a reason to cut him.

No but in all seriousness if he says he wants to give him the best possible opportunitys to make the team, despite the fact that he is only going to play two games with the team before the WHC, I think they are most likely going to give him a top 6 spot and lots of PP time. Most likely also cutting him some slack if everything doesn’t fall in to place immediatley.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
ugh why do i get the feeling that john norman will make the team. such a mediocre player. he just works hard and thats it.

do grey beard and popovic even want players from round 2 in stanley cup? sedins in 2013 and nylander/bäckström last year where all from round 2. would be foolish to not let 4 spots be open to 2 d and 2 f. bengt-åke-gustafsson, that madman played with 3 lines and 2 d pairing the first 3 games in world championships, we need 4 full lines and 3 d pairings in all games. having 4 spots open is enough.

anyways if hägg declines i can see rahimi get a call or will grey beard swallow his pride and call in folin/anton lindholm/dahlbeck/claesson/fantenberg? these players are closest to hägg/nemeth in terms of playing style. almqvist, pilut, wikstrand will not look good with erik gustafsson.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If Södersoft and Landeskog accepts:

Rakell - Zibanejad - Landeskog
Nyquist - Backlund - Elias Pettersson
Janmark - Södersoft - Kempe
JDLR - Larsson - Pääjärvi
Lias, Zackrisson

If Södersoft and Landeskog declines:

Rakell - Zibanejad - Lias
Nyquist - Backlund - Elias Pettersson
Janmark - Zackrisson - Kempe
JDLR - Larsson - Pääjärvi
Klingberg, Everberg

I think Toronto will beat out Boston.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Jacob De La Rose is a scrub on one of the worst teams in the NHL - why the f*** should he have a sure spot?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Are they going to wait out possible round 2 additions?

From the article eye of ra linked, Grönborg had been in contact with Landeskog who wanted to wait until his exit meeting was done. Söderberg didn't seem to have been asked.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Are they going to wait out possible round 2 additions?

From the article eye of ra linked, Grönborg had been in contact with Landeskog who wanted to wait until his exit meeting was done. Söderberg didn't seem to have been asked.

So yeah, seems like Landeskog and Hägg are the only asked players right now.

Obviously they will likely bring 25 players anyway, but only ice 20-22 of them at the start of the group stage.

Reactions: EK47
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad