WC: Team Sweden Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Well if vancouvers general manager says he is confirmed thats legit. He obviously got the info somwhere.

buffalos general manager said that olofsson and asplund will play for team sweden in world championship. i do not trust these north americans. i will wait on swehockey to confirm elias pettersson and when they do i will celebrate with a beer .

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Cuts use to sound like this:

"Lias Andersson and Erik Gustafsson dropped last minute, Anton Lander and Robert Hägg is in".

"Greenberg wants more physicality on defense and more puck possession skills up front, also Patrik Zackrisson takes Carl Söderbergs spot".

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Cuts use to sound like this:

"Lias Andersson and Erik Gustafsson dropped last minute, Anton Lander and Robert Hägg is in".

"Greenberg wants more physicality on defense and more puck possession skills up front, also Patrik Zackrisson takes Carl Söderbergs spot".

:laugh:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I dont think Söderberg is better than Lander.

Rakell - Zibanejad - Landeskog
Nyquist - Backlund - Elias Pettersson
Janmark - Lander - Kempe
JDLR - Larsson - Pääjärvi

Lindholm - Klingberg
OEL - Larsson
Gustafsson/Nemeth/Hägg

I have no problems getting both of them, we will (likely) bring 14 forwards after all. If Landeskog and Pettersson(looks like a done deal) come like you suggest, we could have Söderberg as 3C and Lander as 4C(or the other way around) and bump Larsson to 13F, since both are IMO better than him. History tells us someone gets injured along the way.

What I think they are doing now is that they wait out the first round completely. They're inviting Landeskog right away of course, but wanna see if they can get either of Bäckström or Nylander, or maybe Wennberg before locking up the entire squad.

I think Nemeth would be a good one to throw onto the 3rd pair. Would complement the other guys nicely. Gustafsson - Nemeth is a good 3rd pairing.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I think Nemeth would be a good one to throw onto the 3rd pair. Would complement the other guys nicely. Gustafsson - Nemeth is a good 3rd pairing.

it sounded from that hockeynews article that grey beard wanted both hägg and nemeth....perhaps he wants a pure shutdown 3rd pairing....hägg-nemeth

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
buffalos general manager said that olofsson and asplund will play for team sweden in world championship. i do not trust these north americans. i will wait on swehockey to confirm elias pettersson and when they do i will celebrate with a beer .
No he didn't.

What he said was:
"We're actually hopeful that both of them could be possible players on the world championship team," Botterill said. "Neither of them would be able to come over to Rochester until that situation ends at the world championship there."

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
it sounded from that hockeynews article that grey beard wanted both hägg and nemeth....perhaps he wants a pure shutdown 3rd pairing....hägg-nemeth

I haven't seen that much of Hägg this season, but is he really a shutdown player now? And is he that good to go straight onto the team? They've snubbed guys like Claesson, Fantenberg, Folin, Dahlbeck already and I would very much put him in the same category. But they know a little bit more about how the team is shaping now which could be to Hägg's advantage.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Didnt see this

so hägg it is...

Även Philadelphia-backen Robert Hägg är VM-aktuell.
– ”Robban” spelade de sista två matcherna. Han fick väl spela sparsamt i går, men mer matchen innan. Det är en spelare som vi gillar, säger Grönborg.

lindholm - klingberg
oel - larsson
gustafsson - hägg

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
From the interview I read with Grönborg it sounded like he is going to invite Elias. I’m not going to trust Bennings word until I see Grönborg confirm it.

I probably would have gone with Folin over Hägg. But I can understand why Grönborg wants Hägg it probably helps to have a guy you already know.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
From the interview I read with Grönborg it sounded like he is going to invite Elias. I’m not going to trust Bennings word until I see Grönborg confirm it.

I probably would have gone with Folin over Hägg. But I can understand why Grönborg wants Hägg it probably helps to have a guy you already know.
wasnt hägg the guy who messed up two WJC finals in a row?

I think it is smart by benning to put some pressure on grönborg. Swedish news media are writing this as news now. Grönborg would look dumb if Elias isnt invited.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013

I think it is smart by benning to put some pressure on grönborg. Swedish news media are writing this as news now. Grönborg would look dumb if Elias isnt invited.
I remember one mess up at least can’t remember the other one. The first one is vivid was it against Ristolainen? I don’t want to rewatch that moment.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

I think Swedish media handle that just fine themselves.. Earlier today I saw Sanny Lindström write that Grönborg should be fired and will worsen his chances to become an NHL coach(lol) if he doesn't invite Pettersson.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Swehockey has confirmed that elias pettersson will play in wch, he will also play in sweden hockey games. Lander and eriksson ek has declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad