WC: Team Sweden Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
lol, can you imagine. Puts up the most historic season for a u-20 player in SHL history and gets benched by a coach playing favourites.

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
Grönborg is going to be all over Pettersson for next years WC if he's playing in the NHL, where he realistically could be a 50 or 60 point guy. Just like when he refused to play Dahlin in the Olympics, Grönborg can't seem to think two steps ahead. Dahlin got benched in favor of a bunch of veteran euro scrubs that are going to keep playing in Europe for the rest of their careers, never being close to the NHL level. Next year, Dahlin will be in the NHL and he's going to do better there than any of the guys on the Olympic team would have been able to, without it even being close. As soon as Dahlin got to play in the Olympics, he literally made impact instantly.

I guess Dahlin and Pettersson are both just going to have an insane upcoming summer, with both outgrowing their talent, and against all odds they will be good NHLers as early as next year. Imagine guys like Pääjärvi and De La Rose getting a spot on this team over Pettersson..

Reactions: DDRhockey

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I think this upcoming tournament will be a coming out party for Mattias Janmark. He's probably Dallas' best skater and had a great season this year after missing the entire 2016-17 season.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden

It is already over. Lias is grönborgs fav player

I think they are reading to much into the quote. " suggested Pettersson is in a battle for a job with another 19-year-old.". I think (at least hope) that what Grönborg meant is that both Lias and Elias are competing for a spot, but not necessarly the same spot. I.e. there are multiple spots open and both Andersson and Pettersson are competing for the spots

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Grönborg is going to be all over Pettersson for next years WC if he's playing in the NHL, where he realistically could be a 50 or 60 point guy. Just like when he refused to play Dahlin in the Olympics, Grönborg can't seem to think two steps ahead. Dahlin got benched in favor of a bunch of veteran euro scrubs that are going to keep playing in Europe for the rest of their careers, never being close to the NHL level. Next year, Dahlin will be in the NHL and he's going to do better there than any of the guys on the Olympic team would have been able to, without it even being close. As soon as Dahlin got to play in the Olympics, he literally made impact instantly.

I guess Dahlin and Pettersson are both just going to have an insane upcoming summer, with both outgrowing their talent, and against all odds they will be good NHLers as early as next year. Imagine guys like Pääjärvi and De La Rose getting a spot on this team over Pettersson..
6rZ8g8R.jpg

The idea of having two 19 year olds on the team must be so horrible.

Honestly, how many years of gronborg do we need to stand?

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
Is there any actual chance that Jonsson-Fjallby makes the WC team? it seems like an incredible long shot, but would be a welcomed surprise for me

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Can somebody post the PP units which Sweden uses please. :)

In the game / in practise if already known.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Jacob Nilsson wouldn't even have been a fourth liner on Växjö. This speaks volume for how bad the SHL has become. Either they decide to become a good senior league and spend a ton of cash on salaries like Växjö or they decide to become one of the best junior leagues in the world, not this half measure.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Janmark and Erik Gustafsson look really good.

Also why the hell would anyone have Pilut and Wikstrand over Brännström? Or I obviously get why but right now he looks like Enström with wheels.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'm biased but Brannstrom looks better each and every time I see him. His confidence has skyrocketed since the WJC

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Comparison with last year:

William Nylander (F) 10 7 7 14 2 11 |
Elias Lindholm (F) 10 5 2 7 10 4 | Adrian Kempe +/-
Nicklas Bäckström (F) 5 3 4 7 8 6 | Mikael Backlund -
Victor Rask (F) 10 2 5 7 0 3 | Mika Zibanejad =/+
Gabriel Landeskog (F) 10 2 3 5 2 7 | Rikard Rakell =
Dennis Everberg (F) 6 2 1 3 0 1 | Dennis Everberg =
Joakim Nordström (F) 9 1 2 3 0 2 | Magnus Pääjärvi =
William Karlsson (F) 10 1 2 3 0 6 | Gustav Nyquist +
Joel Eriksson Ek (F) 10 1 2 3 4 5 | Lias Andersson =